Thursday, April 19, 2018

Show and Tell Thursday!

This was our last full work day here for this month.
Tomorrow we are all meeting up with Roy and Ruth Ann for a county wide antique/craft/garage sale up around Grandview, Texas. It's called Antique Alley and is "a scattered, loosely organized treasure hunting adventure spanning over 30 miles." The communities of Grandview, Cleburne, Maypearl, Alvarado, Sand Flat, Keene and Venus are all participating. This is sure to be a lot of fun!
Louis Dean cleaned out the back of the truck in case any of us find treasures that we need to haul home!


Louis Dean was up at 8:30 this morning and was painting and putting up walls well before I got up after 10:00! He worked steady all day long.....while I went to bed for a couple of hours this afternoon.
This is getting to be a habit and I am loving it!


This afternoon I was doing some art when I heard our resident chicken scratching the earth under the camper. She has dug out a small indention and was taking a dust bath.


Show and tell!!! We have accomplished a good bit while we've been here.


Walls are up to the bathroom area as well as a privacy curtain.


I have a few things on the long wall.....


And I will certainly enjoy having this table as a cooking area.
Toaster oven, electric skillet, hot plate, crock pot.....there's room for whatever I need here....
and plenty of plugs on two different circuit breakers!


You can barely see it but I painted a Bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush on a burlap canvas and put it in the middle of my burlap wreath.


While I didn't quite get the chicken on her nest of eggs finished, I hung it up anyway!


I'll be back next month and can finish it then!

Dean and Sherry came up for lunch today - bringing the main dish with them and tonight they gave us plates of supper - chicken and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots and peas AND dinner rolls!

It's been a Win! WIN!! kind of day and I have loved every minute of it!
Now we have to go to bed and sleep fast so we can get up at ***gasp!*** 7:00 in the morning!!
Seriously, we can DO this!!!

Goodnight, Folks!!!
Signing off from the Country!!!!















14 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Have fun! Can’t wait to see your treasure!

Bluebird49 said...

Probably won't see a Friday post; you'll be completely "sold out" from Antique Alley!
I just love your pet chicken, but I worry she'll not be accepted by her mean peers when you leave! She'll miss y'all!
Sherry brought you my favorite meal!
Will we have a farm animal wall as a country counterpart to Santa-wall in your city house?!
Praying for your mom. I feel I know her!
Have a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

thats a beautiful painting! what a great post,, can't wait to hear about this adventure coming up!

Susie said...

Linda, That was so sweet of the kids to bring you and LD such a good supper. I'd love to go on that junkin' trip with all of you. I know you will get lots of pictures. :) I like the walls up in the front room. You guys have been busy. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo, love you, Susie

Vee said...

Oh it sounds as if it will be a very fun day! ☀️

Tina said...

Can't wait to see what you find at Antique Alley, you always find the best treasures! Would love to see the bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush picture if you get a chance! The chicken on her nest of eggs is beautiful! And Louis Dean has been working hard, the room looks great! Have a wonderful weekend!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your show and tell looks wonderful ! All that work is paying off. Your county wide garage sale sounds like a great adventure. Good thing you have a truck in case you find something you cannot resist. Sounds like a lot of fun and doubly so when you go with friends. Hope you have a great day !

Changes in the wind said...

Hope you find lots of treasures and a safe trip home....

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You've gotten so much done...well...with the help of Louis Dean! heehee! Give that man a big bear hug from all of us! And find LOTS of goodies on your treasure hunt. Wish I was there! HUGS!!!

MadSnapper said...

Seriously you had DONE this, looks that way to ME and the front room is ready and wonderful... good job LD and L for decorating as he builds

Debbie said...

the place looks great, i enjoyed reading about your win - win day!!

waiting for pictures of all the goodies!!

Rain said...

Oh your space looks so cozy and beautiful! You've both done such a nice job! :)

Carole said...

Good luck with the early start. The huge antique event sounds fabulous. Cheers

Terra said...

I hope your treasure hunting is a great success. Your place is looking pretty.