Sunday, February 11, 2018

Catching Up....Again!

I've been MIA lately.....
All is well -  I've just been busy.
Sometimes by the end of the day, I'm so tired I go to bed.

I left you on Wednesday night so I am picking up on Thursday.

I set my alarm and was in Dallas around 10:30.
I meant to get there earlier but my laptop needed to go to The Best Little Geek Squad in Texas.
I had done a lot of writing last month while I was at the ranch and I had not backed it up so when it finally opened, I sent all the chapters to my email.
The amount of things I do not know how to do would absolutely amaze you!
Louis Dean bought a flash drive to back up my book......okay.
I plugged it in. A screen popped up. I still didn't know what to do.
I think Summer will teach me a few things next time she comes over.
I just have a fear of losing the book - or what I've written so far - and if that happens, I don't think I have what it takes to start over.
Anyway, sending 13 chapters on email  took some extra minutes so I was running late.
Story of my life.
It seems some little something nearly always comes up.
I should plan ahead and allow more time.
Yeah, right!

One thing I didn't have to worry about was what to wear!


I've been wearing new outfits every day, thank you very much to my neighbor, Tamara!
The green on green went right with my Steve Madden purse.


I'm so happy Amber makes time for us to get out and do things together.


Movies are our happy place and this movie was amazing!!
I was so NOT ready for it to be over!

After the movie we went back to Quadville and stayed busy with taking Christmas down over there.
Yes, Amber and I both have been taking our decorations down in February!
I went with her to pick the kids up from school. I love how they get excited to see me!
We ran a few errands and Granddad arrived just a few seconds after we drove in the driveway.


Kailey didn't know he was coming and she could not get to him fast enough!
That's one happy granddad!!
We were there to spend the evening and we brought the fixings for dinner.


This is Shiner - my grand dog.
He had a tumor removed from his eye on Tuesday and is recovering nicely.
Amber and Mike are not only excellent parents but they take care of their furry babies, too!


Granddad fried up a mound of chicken tenders!


Every one of us would take a tender as we walked through the kitchen before dinner but the mound kept growing!


He cooked the chicken and made the gravy.
I did the mashed potatoes and garlic green beans.


And I made the salad and the appetizers.

We had a wonderful dinner and sat around the table talking like real people.
No more cutting up food and supervising the kids eating.
We visit and laugh and have fun......until......
I was telling everyone about all the happenings at the ranch.
Without thinking, I told them about the peacock dying......and that wasn't enough.
I told them about the baby peacock dying, too.
Thank goodness I didn't get around to talking about Maddie the cat!!
Yes, we think the coyotes must have got her as she hasn't been seen in weeks.
But we won't be mentioning that out loud.

Needless to say, after dinner and the dishes, we left to come home.
Thankfully, Kailey had pretty much stopped crying by then.
We left at 8:30 and came straight home and went to bed.
I did not so much as take my make up off.
I.went.to.bed.
We were both asleep by 9:30.

Friday morning I was up early making chicken and dumplings to take to Fort Worth.
My first stop was to see Deanie and we had a really good visit.
Deanie continues to improve and I have to stop and remember how she was feeling just this time last year. It's encouraging! While she is still fragile, I'm not nearly as frightened as I was about her health.
We are so blessed in that we've not had to face death in our family often. The doctors say Mother will most likely live to celebrate her 100th birthday.

My next visit was to see my brother, Lonnie.
Once again, we had a great visit and I left some chicken and dumplings for them.


My last stop was to see Mother and Lillian and deliver bowls of chicken and dumplings to them.
They aren't crazy about the food at the nursing home so we try and bring them treats from time to time. 
I did not take one single photo all day long!
I'm using this one that Deanie posted on Facebook earlier in the week.
Mother had her dentures repaired and she was a happy camper!

It was late and I got in a lot of slow traffic coming home so I was worn out!

Saturday was a cold winter day and I loved it!


I fluffed and cleaned the 'clean' rooms and Louis Dean and I watched a lot of Downton Abbey!

I managed to take Christmas down in the dining room!


A reality shot!
Hahahaha!
Christmas is gone but it's far from cleaned up!
I think I may have finally grown up because I am now able to just STOP and go to bed and tackle it later. In the past I would have worked myself silly getting it all done.

This morning we woke up to a bit of  sleet and freezing rain. 
I decided to go to church but Louis Dean decided to stay home and watch Winning Walk on TV.
That's okay!

Amber and Mike arrived right after I did and we all sat together - kids included.
I love going out to eat after church with them.
We take our time and sit around talking and enjoying ourselves.
Today the kids and I played Tic Tac Toe and did some math on the brown paper towels the restaurant  uses for napkins.
Harrison rode in my car on the way to the restaurant and Kailey rode in my car on the way to Quadville.
I told them I could stay a teeny tiny time.....but we played and had fun for nearly two hours!


I love this photo Logan took with my iPad!
I got home about 4:00 and was a quick change artist getting back in my Jammie's in a matter of minutes and crawled back into the unmade bed for a nice nap!


It was nearly 7:00 by the time I started cleaning the living room.


But I got it done!!!


You can see I still have room in my China cabinet.
All of the Christmas dishes are packed away as are the fall ones.


I was so late in getting Christmas down that I didn't do any decorating for Valentine's.
The only spot is the heart shaped small plates circling the centerpiece.


Candles lit in celebration of CLEAN!


I used napkin rings Amber and Benjamin made when they were very young.
Toilet paper rolls sprayed painted and wrapped with gold ribbons.


I suppose this could be called spring decorating.


I have no plans for any dinners or entertaining in the near future....
but I have set the table anyway.


My art easel is back in the corner and I have a painting I did in 2002 on it with plans for jazzing it up.
I love the composition but think I can improve on the colors and texture.
Not sure when I will be getting back to my usual Tuesday Things but I hope it's soon.

So that's it!
I'm all caught up!
And guess what my plans are for tomorrow???


This may take me all day and half the night!




15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It has been sleeting here, too. You were brave to drive to church in that weather. You look so pretty in the green outfit!! I do not know how to use a flash drive. Nothing on my computer is backed up because I don't know how to do it. Louis Dean looks so good in this picture! He looks younger each time I see him! I love your little heart plates in your centerpiece! I am not decorating for Valentines Day this year. I have been sick, and it is just too overwhelming. But I did buy special Valentine cards to send the girls.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

I am happy you wrote and 'caught us up' with what you have been doing. Lots of hugs from family. I am learning to stop and go to bed/or rest when I get tired. We are all so used to keeping on till the job is done. Hugs.
Joy

Linda said...

You had such a good time decorating for Christmas it’s a shame taking it all down is not that much fun.

jujupage1 said...

I guess your plans are to clean up the Christmas decorations! It is clear that you work very hard Linda!

Arlene G said...

My house is a mess right now because we have painters coming...I dread putting it all back together but it will be nice to have freshly painted walls.

Susie said...

Linda, I have missed you. Glad you got so much done. I love that you had a great time at the children's house. The picture of your mom looks very good. Enjoy this new week. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Life gets busy, and you've been busy living it!

MadSnapper said...

first things first, why did i not know about Shiner the grand dog, so beautiful. i did not realize the quads have a dog, also did not know the peacocks died or the cat is missing. so what is up with no reporting on critters. LOL.... poor Kailey with the soft heart. i would have cried to and sometimes i do cry when people tell about their pets dying. no wonder you fell in to bed makeup and all, i am ready for bed just reading about all you did...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You were missed but are forgiven. What a busy life you lead and nice you share it with us too. Glad you are done with Christmas except for the packing up to do in that last picture. I'm starting to incorporate Spring into my decor little by little ! Tomorrow is Mardi Gras, let the good times roll ! Spring is not so very far away !

Debby said...

I share your computer skills, hah. That chicken, yum.
I say things in front of the littles like that all the time. We are visiting in the south for a couple of months. Spending time with my great nephews that my husband says aren't used to my type. Hmmmmm.
All that Christmas, wow.
Hugs

jackie said...

Yikes, that may take longer to do that room, but don't forget to rest...

Debbie said...

i'm doing a yikes too, as it is what i had planned - yikes, that looks like an overwhelming task. i have no idea how you keep up with all the decorations, i am starting to loose my decorating enthusiasm!!

looks like ld fried enough chicken tenders for an army, i love when peeps visit and help with that!!

that's a great picture of your mom...we saw a movie recently that was so sweet, forever my girl, if you need another in the near future!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Green is one of my favorite colors...and you look dazzling Linda!!

You"ve been as busy as a one armed paper hanger girlfriend!! It wore me out just reading what you've been doing!

My favorite picture is when grandad arrived!

Carole said...

I need to find a way to store plates so each one is accessible without lifting the others... I have a whole lot of assorted plates - ideas?

Carla said...

loL I was reading along and I saw the picture of read but didn't really see what it was. I thought you had snapped a picture of santa bending over... LOL and it was only your feet in house shoes propped up. Oh brother I think I need my eyes tested. Those cheekin tenders looked mighty tasty.