Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Quad Monday, Art Tuesday and Our Wednesday......

While I intend to journal at the end of every day.....sometimes I am simply too tired to sit down and try to make sense and order of it. It helps that I take lots of photos for this helps me document better the order and sequence of it all. I keep two journals. One online here and the other in my Country Diary. When I fall behind in my handwritten one, I can reference back to my journal.Tonight I am catching up on both!

Quad Monday arrived late and that was okay because we had Grandson Robert here and were enjoying our visit with him. He had already helped his Granddad on Sunday and they were both in the den talking about the news and events when I woke up. I had time to get organized for the day and prepare lunch just in time for the quads arrival.

Harrison was excited to see his Aunt Ruth Ann!!
When you add Robert and the quads all together - it was fun like a party!!!

I had lunch all ready and the kids bowed their heads as Harrison led in the prayer.
We had rice topped with a meat and vegetable dish, fluffy salad, watermelon wedges and other things that I can't even remember as I write this on a Wednesday night. We all ate well!!

The girls were excited over their recent trip to Target to redeem the points they had earned!
They were soaking small colored capsules in hot water and finding the little critters they turned into.
Ruth Ann held down the fort.......

while Granddad worked the garden soil and Harrison and I made a run to the Dollar Store!

He is such a helper!!!

I needed to get some oyster crackers for the Dilly Bits the girls requested!
Since they arrived late - this was a no nap day so we had extra time to DO THINGS!!!

I love this picture!!
Grandson Robert working away and the kids are hovering around Granddad!
We are getting ready to transplant the watermelon and cantaloupe seedlings into the garden.

You can see the healthy tomatoes behind me! They are growing like crazy but so far they are all still green!!! I bet you will be able to hear me whoop and holler when they turn red!!

Having fun at MeeMaw and Granddad's!!

This little guy is so cute and so SWEET!!!!

There was plenty of time to play in the sandbox.

The girls always find time to gather at my sewing machine and create something.
I meant to take a picture of the bracelet Logan made using markers and paper and tape.

We played the new game together they got that very morning!

It was a great day and we enjoyed every minute with them!

While Granddad went in to cook dinner, we did Rule #7 of The Rules of the House.
These came from Bill Gothard's Institute in Basic Life Principles......from many, many years ago.

I was surprised at how MUCH the kids can eat!!!

Gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans filled out the menu!

Celebrating our day!

We ended with a Paw Patrol which is Louis Dean's favorite program!!!


And THAT was our Quad Monday!!!

We went right on in to our Tuesday - Ruth Ann and I!
I picked her up at 10:30!
We seldom have that early of a morning after a Quad Monday but we did it this week!
Ruth Ann and I shopped Goodwill in Dallas before taking Amber to her doctor appointment.
Then we had lunch and a little shopping at Central best thing to HEB!!!

We did the school pick up and treated the quads to Yogurt!!

Cutie Patooties!!!
Took them home and Ruth Ann and I headed back to Irving for one more Goodwill stop!

This was my haul!

I'm hosting our Siblings/Cousins Gathering on Saturday and will be using these stemmed glasses!!

The grands will all enjoy this croquet set this summer!!!

I scored big on these sandals!!!
The Wolky ones retail for $169 and these were just like new!
I wore the Josef Seibel ones while I finished shopping and they were so comfortable!!
Both pairs were less than $5 each!

I'm always happy when I get some new debris!!!

I had promised Ruth Ann and Sherry some leftovers from Quad Monday Dinner - but that didn't happen!! It was all gone by Tuesday evening so Louis Dean made another round!!
Win! WIN!!!

Art at the far end of the table and dinner down at this end!

Art Class!
This painting is now proclaimed DONE!!!!

Ruth Ann still needs to sign her name!

While I meant to journal last night -I was beyond tired and took myself to bed!! I bet I was asleep within 30 minutes after art class.

Grandson Robert has turned over a new leaf!
He used to stay up all night and sleep late into the day.
He and I have traded places!
This morning - at 11:00 - he knocked on my bedroom door and said he would be leaving soon!
I rallied around and came out to tell him goodbye and the I went back to bed.
I haven't heard back from the doctor so I am supposing my tiredness is deserved - as she surmised at my visit last week~!

It was a much cooler day than yesterday!
Louis Dean worked in the back yard and on his storage building and I worked in the house.
At lunch - which was LATE in the afternoon - we watched Madam Secretary while we ate and then went back to our projects.

By day's end we met up in the gazebo and filled out or vote by mail ballots for the Irving elections.
Louis Dean had stayed up most of the night working on the plans to close in the deck at the camper and make us a room to use much as we do the gazebo here at home.

My work consisted of cleaning the bedroom. I started at the back of the house and will work my way to the front. Being ready for the party on Saturday is my goal.

Of all the rooms in our house, I love our bedroom the most!

Behind these mirrors is my closet.
I changed out the wardrobe from fall/winter to spring/summer today.
It was a job!
I haven't changed sizes very much through the years so I still have things from 30+ years ago!
If you keep it long enough - it comes back in style!!


Ginny Hartzler said...

The paintings came out beautifully!! And I LOVE the dancing while Louis Dean sings! My favorite of your haul is the beautiful green patterned bag. My favorite image today is the one right after Louis Dean cooking! LOVE pure and simple, all bathed in a golden light.

Susie said...

Linda, I love hearing the children all trying to tell you things at the same time.:) They sure love their granddad. So sweet of young Robert to work with LD on the garden. You are one busy woman...that certainly would explain being tired. :) Blessings to all, xoxo,love ,Susie

Carol Slater said...

Your pictures do tell the story. I love your quads! I feel like I know them through your blog. Louis Dean is one busy man.
The painting that was in art class is absolutely beautiful and I would love to have that.

Sandra said...

Your new painting is stunning! I like the Mexican blanket and what a deal on those sandals. Another fun quad Monday they are so cute

Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vee said...

Oh dear! I am already fretting over curating my new duds. I really only need a fraction of these things and now you scare me with the 30-year thing. =D

Always fun to see the quads. Glad that you had a nice visit with Robert. He's a good helper, too.

Love the cottage could do a series of cottages...they are sooooo charming.

Have fun with the sibs and the cousins.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for sharing about the Rules of the House. I am definitely looking those up!! Love to spend time with y' is never boring at your house is it???

Carole said...

I do enjoy Madam Secretary too. Boy anyone would be tired after looking after 4 energetic kids! Cheers from Carole's chatter

Deanna Rabe said...

What fun you have on Mondays and Tuesdays!

Those paintings are wonderful, too!

Wanda said...

Linda dear, if love could oose out of a computer screen my would be covered. I just melt as I read your days, and the love between you and your quads, other grandchildren, your dearest, and everyone else. You are the friend to desire and have. So glad we are blog friends.

Amber B. said...

They always have so much fun at your house! Glad Aunt Ruth Ann has kept her current name, she was dangerously close to becoming Aunt "Fran!" hahahaha

Linda said...

I do love seeing the quads, and the pictures of LD with them are wonderful. Memories they'll have their entire lives. You mentioned Bill Gothard and the Institute of Basic Life Principles. Gracuous, I hadn't thought of that time in our lives in many years. Googled Bill Gothard and learned he is alive and kicking at 82. Also learned he is no longer associated with the organization. Apparently not a good parting. I expect to learn any day you've headed back to the country for LD to build a room. Apparently he's planning to live a long time and expects to enjoy that new room while he's adding on the years. Good for him.