Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Now What Day is This??? I Have Lost Track of Time!!

The days just seem to fold into each other when you are sick. I feel as if I've been ill a long time but it only really started last Thursday. I pushed through on Friday and was feeling optimistic by that evening! I thought I could push on through my Saturday plans only to discover I was REALLY sick!

The den sofa and our bed is where I have been hanging out since 11:00 Saturday morning.

I was bound and determined to go to Grandson Levi's football game!
I DID get to the field area but never found Levi!
I parked about as far away from the bathroom as was possible, much to my dismay!
The ONE bathroom for ALL these football fields is WAY over yonder!!!!
I called my son but he was on his way out of town and didn't know WHICH field Levi was on.
I finally made it to the bathroom only to stand in line behind a squad of 8 year old cheerleaders - putting on their outfits!!!
I called my DIL after I finally got my eyes uncrossed and her cell phone was on silent.
I cried all the LONG way back to the car and when I FINALLY got to the parking lot - and I was parked at the FAR end of it - I turned around and took this photo so Levi would know that I truly WAS there! I just never laid eyes on him!
I managed to get home only stopping twice to find a bathroom.
I vowed NOT to leave the house again until it was time to go to the doctor - or the ER!

I was truly as sick as I have been since February 2013 when I had a severe kidney infection - which started out as a bladder infection gone really bad!
Poor Louis Dean. He waited on me hand and foot because by this time I could not walk or stand up by myself and I was running a mild fever and experiencing chills so bad I couldn't speak or hold a cup, phone or anything. It didn't help that this happened the same week as the 15th anniversary of Louis Dean's beloved first wife, Ellen, passed away. This is always a tough time of year for him but it was even worse because I was so very sick. 
I would have gone to the ER but I truly didn't feel well enough to even get dressed. An ambulance would have had to take me complete with the medics hauling me out of bed on a stretcher and I just didn't want to do that. Sunday was the worse day......just as I thought it couldn't GET any worse!
I had been calling the doctor trying to get in touch with his answering service only to discover I had been calling the wrong office number! Once I dialed the correct one, the on call doctor was paged, called me, remembered my last visit to Dr. Bloom (because I had taken Fruitcake Cookies!) and called in an antibiotic with only 8 minutes until the pharmacy closed! Louis Dean tore out of here like his hair was on fire and made it in time!

By the time I called the office Monday morning, I could sit, stand, walk and talk like a normal person!  I made an appointment for early afternoon and even managed to bake some spiced pumpkin muffins before I left. As I entered the medical building lobby by one door, Dr. Bloom was coming in the other one and we met in the middle. I handed him the bag of muffins and we talked all the way to the elevator, all the way up to the office and even stood out in the hall for several minutes before we went in. I am scheduled for a CT/IVP appointment next Tuesday and will meet with Dr. Bloom again next Friday. I will continue to take the antibiotics and next week we will discuss a preventative plan. I so appreciate all the good advice and counsel on alternative courses that do NOT involve a daily dose of antibiotics! Once I am all the way well, I intend to go to our local health food store, Years to Your Health, and stock up!! I truly believe we have to take responsibility for our own health and I am praying for God to lead me to a good solution.

I decided to cancel all my normal activities this week and concentrate on resting and getting completely over this!
That's fairly easy to do since I still don't feel well enough to do much more than just take care of myself - which is a HUGE improvement!
As I was gathering up my book, water and phone to go back to bed around noon today, Louis Dean told me, "Linda, someone is at the door and there's a car in the driveway!"
We seldom answer the door unless we know who is there.
Stephanie, our sweet next door neighbor, brought dinner in to us last night and she knew to knock and announce herself!! Anyway, I peeked out the guest room window and could only tell it was a lady with a purse, so I told LD I would go find out who it was. I opened the door to find Amber standing on the porch holding fresh cups of coffee for us - Pumpkin Spice Latte for me and coffee 'from the toughest looking pot' in the 7- Eleven for him! The first thing she said was, "I could HEAR you!!!" It was good to see her and she spent a little time with us while the kids were at school making sure we were doing okay. She said Logan announced very matter of fact, "We can't go to MeeMaw's house on Wednesday because MeeMaw is SICK!" Kailey was confused for it is usually Granddad who is sick - NOT MeeMaw!!!

True to my intentions, I spent the entire afternoon in bed.

Ruth Ann and Sherry came over this evening for a visit and Sherry came bearing food for our dinner tonight! We have been eating well these last few days!!
It was so nice outside, we sat out on the deck in the new glider and chair.

We had the nicest time just chatting and catching up on family news and happenings.
I had a fresh pitcher of mint tea and Sherry brought some scrumptious cookies - so we had an impromptu tea party!!! Ruth Ann left us with a HUGE blessing!!! She took Lucy home with her!!! Louis Dean and I have both been jumping out of our skins when she starts that crazy barking and I simply can't handle it right now. 

So here it is, late at night just like old times and I think I am caught up on my journal now!
I AM feeling better and I WILL get well. I'm just not quite there yet.

I will close with our fall dining room.
It has stayed clean from last week since we have been occupied with other things and haven't messed it up!

September is nearly over and I am treasuring every hour I have left with her.

My favorite book of all time is 'September' by Rosamund Pilcher.
I don't think I have a copy at present but next year I am adding a new tradition and will read it once again each year.....starting September first.

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns and thoughts!!!
I know my family thinks I am the Queen of Facebook and not often do I miss my daily journal writing. Once this is behind me I should be be good to go for a long time!!


Kathy said...

Glad you are feeling better. Doctors, medicine, and good family and friends will definitely help you. Don't overdo it and stay in bed. You need to let your body heal and recover. Praying for you.

Jutta said...

Gotta take my hat off - all my respect becaue that you were there for your grandson. Linda, love you!

Jutta said...

I do.

Deb said...

Hugs sweet friend! Hope you continue to recover quickly !

Linda said...

WHY are you up so late??? I am looking forward to seeing you in the morning! Or LATER this morning! WE are both night owls!!!

mxtodis123 said...

Sending healing thoughts and prayers. Love your pics.

Deanna Rabe said...

Linda, I'm so glad you are on an antibiotic and feeling better. It would be good to start a good probiotic too, since the antibiotic will kill not only the bad stuff in your gut, but the good stuff too. That is not fun. I've read too, that the majority of our immune health comes from healthy gut flora.

Rest well this week.


Susie said...

Linda, I have to admit, you and LD have been on my mind ...so I have been praying. I knew when you had not posted late Monday evening, that one of you was not well. Don't scare us like that girl. I am praying for your continued improvement and that LD stays healthy and strong too. Blessings to all, I love you guys, xoxo, Susie

Arlene said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better Linda. Hope you get a plan in place for prevention. It always seems infections start on a weekend!

Sandra said...

I have never had an infection that bad, i had a couple of them but went to doc right away and only lasted a couple of days. glad you got the meds and hope you are better today. and that you can find a way to keep these things at bay. sounds HORRIBLE.. praying you better each moment of today.
how old is Lucy, Baby is 14 and 1/2 years and about 6 months ago started the crazy barking and is driving us nuts. the vet said she is losing her hearing and is almost blind and she is upset because she can not hear, the barking she can hear but not us...

Estelle's said...

I am ever so happy you are feeling better. I hope you receive a positive diagnosis and treatment so that you do not have to go through such a difficult time. Take it easy....hugs!

Cheryl said...

Good news from your corner this morning, Linda!! I am glad to learn that you are on the mend. Don't overdo it, friend. Allow yourself plenty of time for rest and recovery. Praying for you...

Cheryl said...

And how sweet is a daughter who will deliver a PSL to your door? :)

Changes in the wind said...

I was afraid that you were sick as you have not been posting per normal. It sounds like you have a reoccurring problem and I hope you can beat if for good this time.

Vee said...

Thank you for bobbing to the surface and posting. You poor dear. I so empathize with what you've been going through. I have fretted a bit over you since you haven't posted, but have prayed for health to be restored. You need to have a back stash of antibiotics for when this rears its ugly head or something.

What sweet family to tend out so lovingly. My heart goes out to Louis Dean, too. So hard for the men in our lives to deal with the things they most fear. God is good and He is still in charge.

Take it easy, Linda. Thinking of and praying for you guys. Feel better and rest a lot.

Cheapchick said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick - that is just bloody awful. You do have good friends and family though :) Please, next time if you feel too sick to get an ambulance to the hospital - perhaps that is the best time to be going to the hospital as it could have been something even worse!

Village Antiiques Mall said...

Dear Linda, keep getting better and listening to your body. What a really tough time you have been having. Hugs, and Hugs for LD too and for your lovely visitors.

Eva said...

So, sorry you've been sick, Linda--I know your pain! I know I've told you this before (I'm the one who told you about Azo), and I don't want to be a nag, but coffee and tea are NOT your friends! It's not the caffeine, it's the brown coloring. When you're struggling with bladder and kidney infections, and really anytime for someone who's as chronic as you, they cause pain, pain, pain! Believe me, I've experienced it so many times. I know it's hard for someone who loves it as much as you! The same is true for colas, which was also a problem for me until I finally got it. Also, doctors won't tell you this--I was taught this by a nurse friend, and learned the hard way that she was right!
I hope you're better soon, and off the antibiotics for good!

Nonnie said...

My heart goes out to you, especially in the football field fiasco!!! I'm glad you are getting better and have LD and your friends to come visit. Get well. Rest, rest, rest.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

hoping you are getting better by the day. I think it's very thoughtful of you to bake goods for the doctor. It's a nice and special way to say how much you appreciate them.

Jan said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sweet Tea said...

So glad you're doing better, Linda. It's tough to slow you down so I KNOW you're really sick when you're no linger on the go...Do go slowly as you resume your activities...I must admit that I'm envious when you talk about neighbors and friends stopping by. Since we've moved I don't know my neighbors or have a single friend here. So thankful to feel good but must admit that I'm lonely.

PATI CLARK said...

Feel better !!! I always keep Oil of Oregano & Olive leaf supplements on hand ...great healthy alternative to antibiotics....always take extra doses of vitamin C and zinc too this time of season !!!! Gotta stay on top of your immune system !!! Your dining room fall tablescape looks so festive and comforting ...Happy Fall Entertaining !!!

Dee said...

Oh dear, that was pretty scary. I had no idea that you weren't feeling well. I'm just glad to hear that you are recovering nicely. Thank God you have some wonderful people around to help you recuperate. Your dining room also looks beautiful. I love all the lovely autumn touches. Hugs... :)

Penny said...

Oh Linda! You poor girl! You have been having such a rotten time. I am terribly sorry for you. I know what it is like to be demented with a UTI, it is really an awful experience. I am behind in all my blog reading so hence the late comment, but I do hope by the time you read this you are starting to feel better x

Carla said...

Linda Linda what are we to do with you. You can't get sick. Sorry to read about you feeling bad.
Catching up on the reading again as always. My mom is in a state. She apparently is developing alzheimers. It came on suddenly. And 2 weeks after that her brother lost it. Crazy and frustrating.