Monday, November 3, 2014

A Good Sunday and A Homey Kind of Monday....

The extra hour Sunday morning worked out very well for us!
We did NOT change our clocks until Sunday night so when we woke up - we had extra time to get to Sunday School! We liked the very first class we visited. As we walked down the hall, Louis Dean heard somewhere playing the violin. He said, "I want to go where that music is!!!"
We loved the class and will be back next Sunday.


From church we went over to Quadville for lunch and a visit.
I took the Fence Scare Crows and the kids loved seeing them all finished.


The quads started Mother's Day Out Monday morning so I had some help getting their lunch box things ready!


Amber was cooking this awesome chicken dish. When we arrived she said she didn't know WHAT she was going to cook. She just pulled this out of her hat!!!


It kind of felt like a holiday Sunday. A bit chilly so it FELT like fall!
Amber treated us to an after dinner mini concert.
I always loved hearing her and Ben practice the piano when they were growing up.
I was working on something on my laptop and enjoyed every note of the beautiful music!
She played Fur Elise, Somewhere in Time and other songs.
I HAD to record the last one!!!
Just like old times!!!
I always knew when she was through practicing because she would play THIS!!!
I love it!!

While the kids and the men took naps, Amber and I took in a movie and made a grocery store run.
Just like old times!!!

This morning as I was doing our out loud reading, I noticed my throat was starting to hurt.


I was thinking it may be allergies so I sucked on some cough drops and got the first wave of book markers ready to mail.


Love lighting the candles in the den and feeling a little cozy wearing a flannel shirt and sweat pants.


I sat right here much of the morning.


Even sipped on hot herbal tea.


By afternoon I was feeling a lot better so I went back to the kitchen to finish cleaning our kitchen cupboard doors. I have been working on this project a little at a time for over a week.
That Murphy Soap is really good!


The next step is the Briwax.
It comes in colors so it helps blend in the places I scrubbed so hard that it took off part of the finish!


Let's just say, we USE our kitchen and it was well past time for a good cleaning!
I also added these cute little pictures I found at Hobby Lobby last Friday.
They were 66% off so I snapped them up!!
You just peel and stick!
Win! WIN!!!


The kitchen is a done deal.
By the time I finished I could no longer fool even myself.
I am sick. Probably allergies - that's always my first thought!
However, I am running a fever and feel sore and ache all over.
I am hobbling around like a VERY  elderly woman.....one that's not in good health!
I will leave now to take my place on the couch where I will be bundled up good to ward off these chills. My teeth are starting to chatter!!! I haven't had my flu shot yet......was told to wait until I was off antibiotics. So if you don't hear from me for a few days - don't worry.
I will be in bed!!!





14 comments:

Deb said...

poor thing...you take good care of yourself! if you need anything let me know!

Vee said...

Oh no! I am just getting over a two-week bout of sore throat (marshmallows really do help) and the whole cold and achy with shivers and my lungs burned. I have several blogging buds with this...I should have warned everyone to spray disinfectant on comments.

Feel better, Linda, and don't get out of bed until you feel better. Must get to the PC since I can and listen to the videos.

Carole said...

Dr Carole recommends a good strong hot toddy made with either whiskey (or in my case brandy), lemon juice, honey and 2 soluble aspirin. take care and get well soon

Linda said...

Thank you, Carol! Good advice.....

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh NO!!! I am so sorry! BUT, If you get a bit sick now, then all your illnesses will be over by the holidays. I just love the chef pictures you put on your cabinet drawers. I love Amber's piano playing and that cute song. I can tell that she is very proficient. So who was playing in the Sunday School class? Was it recorded or live?

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Oh dear, hope you are well soon. You work so hard. I loved the sharing of Amber and the littles today, always do.
Joy

Sweet Tea said...

So glad you liked the first class you visited. It must be "meant to be". Take care of yourself, Friend, and feel better. I know you want to be up and running ESPECIALLY during your favorite season.

Penny said...

Linda please look after yourself, you are a wonderful person and Give Give Give to others, now you must take care if yourself until you are better. Sending lots of love get well wishes from Scotland XXX

MadSnapper said...

so sorry you are ill, hope it is not the flu... love the photo of the glasses and candle with the book. and also enjoyed the mini piano concert. wish i could play like that... feel better soon.

Kathy said...

So sorry you are sick. It sounds like what I had last month. Take care of yourself.

Susie said...

Linda, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You hade a few episodes...I am going to be praying for you. Those scarecrows are adorable. something Amber can keep forever. I love that LD gravitated to the music. He is a music man. :):) Hope you are well soon. xoxo,Susie

Jutta said...

Dear Linda, I hope you are getting well soon! And if not that you will at least your doctor rather sooner than later. Get well soon wishes!!!

Wanda said...

You are the only person I know who works and cleans the kitchen while sick. You are my hero. Hope by now, you are much better. I'm late catching up.

bj said...

awww, bless your heart. Sure hope you feel better soon.
xoxo