Sunday, July 14, 2024

It's Been a Good Week......

Louis Dean is happiest when he has a project - be that great or small!
He had the idea of enlarging a vacant flower bed beside the Christmas (storage) house and I was all for it!!


He got all the weeds out and lined the new plot with stone.


Then he spread out three bales of peat moss.


This is a happy man right here!
The weather earlier this week was milder and he worked in the shade - mostly!
Plus he drank his water+ and wore a hat.
He is cooperating with me and I am so grateful!!


After the peat moss he added some organic raised bed gardening soil.


He is living a good life full of the projects he loves doing!


I don't want to brag - but he does have admirers!!


Our beloved Dawn from Florida is one of my longest 'blog friends' but she is so much more than that!
She sings to LD - who reminds her of her dad - and he often sings back.
They do have a love affair going and I am thrilled!
As does LD and Susie Q!
Then there's our friend Jutta from Finland who has visited us here and she and LD connected with a precious song......


Jutta is a sister believer in our Lord Jesus Christ and we love her like family!

I've been cooking good meals, purging and cleaning, doing art and working in the yard.


Ribs, corn, potato salad and air fried okra was Thursday's dinner.


Our sunflowers are still going strong and are so tall that I can't even reach most of them to make bouquets.


While I haven't started playing Christmas music, I have been painting!
This will be my granddaughter, Faith's, birthday gift.

When Amber and Benjamin were growing up we started a family tradition of Friday night movie, popcprn and Cokes! She was only 3 at the time and we watched animated movies like The Brave Little Toaster!
Amber has continued the tradition with her children and I decided I would go back to doing this myself and invited our friend Ilene to join us.


I made hot wings, salad, potato soup and peach cobbler and chose a movie from Prime which I rented!






The movie was good but not nearly as good as the book!
I'm going to order it and read it to Louis Dean.
He was tired and missed the movie by going to bed super early!
I'm thinking if it's not a western - and preferably one with John Wayne - then he's not all that much interested. Although he does enjoy watching Port Protection - he can predict how they solve problems.
Win! WIN!!


It's been a good week overall.

We hadn't been to church in awhile so I was excited to be there this morning!
I've gone to church on a regular basis ever since I was a little girl and I miss being in church even though I watch it onlline.

Since we had such a string of good days, Louis Dean felt up to going!
It's important to stay active in every way - physical,mental, social, as well as spiritual.


Amber and Mike had saved seats for us so we arrived after the singing.
After church we stayed and visited for a few minutes with the family.
Granddad was happy!!


Such smiling faces!!

What a great way to start this new week!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The perfect way to start the week
Love Santa too

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am Sue of photowannabe

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this last photo of y'all!! What will you be planting in the new enlarged garden?

Anonymous said...

You look so good. Dee

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a happy smiling group at the end...Love those photos of you and also LD with the kids...you all look so happy! I didn't realize what a sweet little petite lady you are...your grandkids will soon be towering over you, but they will take good care of you I am sure all the days of your life! What a blessing to have them so near. Love that photo of the kitty cat in the flowers...that would make a beautiful painting!! And I love the Green Suited Santa with the guitar! What a happy painting for a birthday girl. And I am happy to see LD enjoying building that garden spot. Can't wait to see what will grow there! You are both so blessed to have each other. Oh, and your food always makes me drool. Yum. Thank you for sharing your beautiful life with us. Made me smile early this Monday morning!

MadSnapper said...

It makes he happy to see LD so happy and smiling and having fun with his gardening.. I am waiting to see if it will be flowers or plants or food he grows.. I am thinking FOOD
like everyone else, that last photo of you and your family is fantastic. is the one in the dress your mini me? you cook the same foods my mother did and my aunts did too

Anonymous said...

That’s Kailey who’s grown so tall, right? What beautiful girls they are! Your photo together, with Amber too, is a keeper!

Great to hear that LD has had good days. I like the idea of a movie night!

Deanna R

Changes in the wind said...

Always enjoy your posts and glad there are good days for you all.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping your blog warm and fuzzy
Brenda

Chatty Crone said...

I am going to look for that movie - it looks adorable!
Glad you had a wonderful time at church.

Susie said...

Linda, Your grands are as or taller than you !!. Great photos. I like the idea of you letting LD garden to his heart's content. Yes, I love that guy...he's a working man. Girl, you know how to feed him too. LOL. So glad you had some cooler days. We have had rain and heavy heat. I won't be mowing till Thursday. The grass is getting tall too. Picked up a pile of twigs and branches this afternoon. Take care of LD and yourself . Always ask for help when you need it. I know that's a hard thing to do for us. Love you, Blessings, xoxo, Susie