Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter Goodness!

 Easter services at Fellowship Church in Grapevine are always special.....


After the service there was a photo opportunity and we waited our turn.
Granddad stayed home but I was so happy to be back in church again!


Emmet Cahill did the special music and it was so beautiful after which Ed Young preached on Authority. I'm so grateful to be a part of  Fellowship.
Amber was the one who first attended here many years ago while I was still married to Jesse.
She was a young teenager and and started attending along with a few of her friends.
I followed her lead and later joined Fellowship myself.
Louis Dean and I are both members now and our best friends, Brenda and Billy, are as well.


Amber and Mike and all their children are involved with the ministry here and the kids attend camp and The Mix and other activities.

I used to serve on the hospitality team but now that Louis Dean and I are older, I'm not volunteering at this time - but I will again. It's great to attend worship but it's even more meaningful when you can serve as well.

After church I swung by the house to pick up Granddad and we went over to the Bells to spend Easter afternoon with them and Mike's parents and my youngest son Ben.


Little Miss Kailey was our beverage server and had prepared a drink menu and a Welcome greeting!


Amber had the Peeps out!


All the Bell girls have such elegant hands - just like their mother!
This one is Trystan's.


What a beautiful family!


Just look at this exotic hermit crab set up!


This big ole guy is two years old and Amber brought him home from the beach.
She's holding the tiny shell he started out and has increased his living space several times!


Candles lit and spring decor all in place.


I love their long dining room table which comfortably seated all 11 of us at dinner that day.


Everywhere you looked - there was something pretty!


Kailey played her trombone for me and then all three girls played a piece together they are working on for a spring concert in May.


Mike's mom, Lynn, is an excellent cook and baker and brought these delicious muffins!


I made the desserts and dilly bits!


Amber and Mike work so well together in the kitchen and it was all so GOOD!


Lynn took this pic of us at the table!

Later there was visiting and dessert before we finally cleared the table and prepared for the Easter egg hunt!


Harrison is just about the coolest young man ever!


Amber and Ben hid 15 Easter each of pink, orange, green and blue plus 4 special Golden eggs!


Each Bell had their own color!


Uncle Ben really knows how to hide them!


It was such a GOOD day!


My children of my old age.

We stayed a little while longer and then called it a day.
Such a wonderful time with such beautiful people!
I am abundantly blessed.

This Monday morning Louis Dean was up and already working in the back yard on setting some stones in place for a walkway by the time I got up.


I think he looked especially handsome today!


It's a good day when he can get out and play in the dirt!

Rain came in this evening and it will help settle the dirt around the stones.

My first job of business today was to do our taxes!
I use Turbo Tax and did it all start to finish in just over and hour's time!
I don't know where the rest of the day went!
Oh, yeah! Laundry, housework, and pulling weeds and hauling out trash!
I'm still excited to not be sick so it's all GOOD!









10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad you are feeling better and raring to go again
Easter looked like a fantastic day for everybody
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

Trystan's hands are gorgeous! She could be a hand model. And most of the Quads are taller than you now! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day!!

Kathy said...

What a wonderful Easter. Couldn't get better.

MadSnapper said...

Every one looks wonderful. so glad you are feeling back to normal and yes, LD does look really handsome today. I love Ambers home and her decor is beautiful. I agree about the elegant hands.. that is a really big table, and of course it is needed daily with the size of the family.. seems like yesterday the quads were sitting in the round table.

Estelle's said...

Looks like a beautiful Easter day with a family gathering....just wonderful...thank you for sharing Linda!

Donna said...

SO happy you are doing so much better! LD looks like he's better, as well.
Beautiful family!!
hugs
Donna

Changes in the wind said...

The grandkids have grown so much and glad you could spend time with those you love.

Rita said...

Looks like such a wonderful Easter with family, friends, and good food. :)
So glad you are feeling better!

photowannabe said...

There is nothing better than family being together!!
I'm so glad you two have gotten over your ickies... that's a lot of weight to loose in such a short amount of time..
You look very becoming in your Easter outfit.
hugs
Sue

Carla said...

I just can't get over how grown up the Quads are. They're so handsome and beautiful. What a celebration. Loved all the decorations and the pictures. The kids went to Kaleb's parents for Easter. It's all good.
And the food looked really yummy. Take care. Hugs