Monday, December 4, 2023

Our Christmas Dining Room and Dinner With the Bell Grands......

 The dining room is all dressed up in Christmas finery....
I finished it up late last night and took these pics as soon as I got up this morning.


The table is draped with the new tablecloth Brenda and I found at our second thrift store last week along with the matching napkins.


Candles are lit - for the photo op - and my menus are in the planning stage.


In addition to Christmas Eve, I have a progressive lunch, a dinner party, and appetizers and dessert for after the 7:00 Christmas service at Fellowship Church on the 20th of December.


The Bell grands will be here for Sunday dinner this week so I have the table all ready!
They have been doing 'formal' dining since they were little.


Saturday I washed dozens of glasses that live on the shelves hidden by the Twelve Days of Christmas napkins Summer gave me last year. A good way to display them while keeping my glasses dust free!


I am looking forward to the good food and good friends and family who will be gathering around the table this month.


There are touches of Christmas everywhere!

The sewing room is nearly done....


I will be finishing this room up on Thursday.

Louis Dean and I packed up our bags and came over to stay the week with the Trystan, Kailey, Harrison and Logan while their mommy and daddy get away for the week.

Amber and Mike have split the time up between the the two sets of grandparents - focusing on our strengths.

I'm good for school runs and the other set is good for taking them where they need to go even when it's dark.

We all work so well together!


Look what my friend sent me today!
She is another Linda and is always so thoughtful!
Thank you, my dear Linda!

So we are here in what I used to refer to as 'Quadville.'
We don't call it that anymore as the kids are older and each one is so unique.

Amber and Mike are the best parents and have taught their children to be kind, respectful and responsible. They are a joy to be around.

Logan fed the dogs and Kailey tended the cats while Trystan helped me with dinner.


In addition to pan fried chicken with garlic herb seasoning, we had roasted broccoli, 90 second rice, garlic bread, and a Cabbage Casserole from Estelle's.
It was a hit with all four of the grands!!!

Harrison had hockey practice and the girls stayed after school for band practice and then did more work on their instruments after they came home!
The Christmas Concert is on Wednesday and they have worked hard on their music!

Tonight we changed out two of the four beds to the new soft fluffy comforters their mommy bought for them and flannel sheets.
I showed them how I put my top sheet pretty side down so when I turn the bed down at night - I see BOTH pretty sides of the sheets! Plus I spray them with fragrance!
Trystan and Kailey are sound asleep in their comfy beds and tomorrow Harrison and Logan will have theirs all done.


I close tonight's journal entry with Cash and Kona all snuggled up for the night in their kennel.

What a blessing to slip into a soft cozy bed at the end of the day.

I will be up early in the morning so I can be dressed and my hair and face fixed before taking Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate and International Vienna Coffee at 6:30!


I have a different treat for every morning!
Tea cakes are their favorite!

Luann and Sue - your canvas prints are IN the mail!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the quads still love having you and LD over. You have everything well in hand!
Love you! Trudy

Estelle's said...

The grandchildren are so very lucky to be blessed with loving and caring grandparents...you sure put the Merry in Christmas Linda...enjoy every minute

Donna said...

Enjoy your time there!
hugs
Donna

Rita said...

It looks lovely! Smart idea with the 12 Days of Christmas towels.
What a special time with the grands. They sound like such busy, kind kids.
Enjoy your time with them. :)

MadSnapper said...

the Linda cup is priceless. it is so YOU! it is true it takes a village to raise a child and you have enough family to make several villages.. why are the dogs in kennel, because you are there??

Brenda said...

Enjoy your days and nights...I love love love your blog. Did I say I love your blog? I love reading about you and your darling husband. I have no clue where you get your energy...Thank you for this year of blogging and THANK YOU for avoiding politics...I quit a blog the minute that begins. My new word is IMAGINE for 2024...and I am hoping people esp. those who are Christians will walk the walk and stop the snarky talk. You are an amazing woman...with an amazing family. Merry Christmas and God Bless you in the new year and your sweet sweet husband. Prayers prayers prayers

Deanna Rabe said...

Thai is fun! Tag teaming with the other grandpareNuts is perfect! Each does what they are good at.

Sweet treats, new bedding, school, a Christmas concert. So fun!

Enjoy it all!

photowannabe said...

What an awesome time you have had..lots of work for your beautiful Christmas Home....
I absolutely love how you "serve" your grandkids. Breakfast like that, wow can I be one of those kiddos too?
Sue

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I love how wonderfully festive your home looks. Your grandchildren sound like well-raised, wonderful young people. I know you will enjoy your time with them. It's always fun to see what you are up to. Have a good week!

Debby said...

Beautiful. Your home should be featured in a Christmas magazine. It looks like Mr and Mrs Claus lives there.

Anonymous said...

Love the Linda cup. Cute. Love love how you decorate every room. David got the Christmas decor down now I need to use it. Not even close to your level. Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow.
Hugs

Hina said...

Dear Linda, it's always a pleasure to stop by and visit with you via your blog. Wishing you and your family a very happy and festive Holiday season and a merry Christmas.