Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Tuesday's Treasures on Wednesday!

My 'Treasures' actually started on Monday when we went to visit a friend. 


She is an avid reader and has been purging her book shelves and before donating all these Francine River books - she thought of me. What a blessing!!!
She also gave me a tub of denim - some of it already cut up into squares!
She was the first person to give me a stack of blue jeans when I first started making denim quilts.
Thank you, Marie!


I met Brenda on Tuesday up at Texas Thrift and she gave me this cute honeybee T-shirt and a set of Bath and Body Works Shower Gel and Lotion.
I was already off to a good start!


My heart squeezed when I spied this cute pumpkin!
It's living in my foyer right now - a harbinger of things to come!

Speaking of pumpkins - I am excited about our pumpkin patch down at the ranch and hope to get to leave one day next week for the country,


I just love this cute little rug!
We have a black glass top cooking stove and I don't like the way it looks so I keep a rug on it when it's not in use. I've looked at the covers you can buy but they are pretty pricey!
This was just $3!


A wastebasket for Louis Dean's bathroom - and the one he was using is now out in the gazebo.


I was looking for a floor lamp to use in the living room.
After Brenda and I parted - I decided to go to the Goodwill and I found one!


Brand new bottle of Skin So Soft - for $4.


Louie Dean brought me coffee in bed this morning and used this pretty cup....


NICE!


A cute cover for Tabitha to sit on as she keeps watch by the kitchen French doors.


I bought a super nice tablecloth and washed it and put it right on the table.
It will be perfect to use with my sunflowers later.


Whoever donated this 600 piece puzzle was thoughtful!
The straight edges are already separated in a small plastic bag.


I think this book will be a good one to either read aloud with Louis Dean or he can read it on his own.
I love that he enjoys reading!


There's a story to these pillowcases.
They were put together three to a hanger - but they did not put the matching ones on the same group!
So I had to buy THREE bundles to get these three sets and three odd ones. I tossed the purple one but the others were nice.


For $3 I bought this wall vase.....


and came home and used Windsor Newton Olive Green oil paint to stain it.
Next time I'm at Hobby Lobby I will buy some nice green picks to finish it off!

I will close tonight's journal entry with this thrift store find - a metal sign that I am going to hang on one of my kitchen cabinet doors......$3!


I think the half cup of Goodwill means a thrift shop outing!

16 comments:

Terra said...

Your friend was so generous to give you the books and denim squares, and you sure found many bargains on your bargain hunts. Well done.

Unknown said...

I really love that floor lamp, that's something I would definitely buy for my home. And that wall pocket vase looks so much better after you painted it. Congratulations to you and Louis Dean on 18 years. I can tell you both still love each other very much and still have fun. I loved all the photos! Here's to many, many more happy and healthy years.

Donna said...

I really wish we had a better ;ineup of thrift stores here besides Salvation Army and Goodwill...
Nice finds!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

More treasures found, the bee shirt is cute and looks perfect for you. about the rug on the stove top, fire hazard was my first thought, what if LD turns the stove on and doesn't move the rug. love from the queen of what ifs

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. It's always fun to see your thrifty treasures. You sure found some good ones this week. I used a quote from you on my latest "Reading Roundup" blog post because I agreed with it so much. Stop by and take a look. I hope you have a good Thursday! See you again soon!

Anonymous said...

Really good treasures! ❤ Love, Trudy

photowannabe said...

You are definitely the Thrifting Queen!!
I have Francine Rivers Envy for all of those books. Treasures all of them.
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, I love the recipe. LOL How sweet of your loving man to bring you coffee. It's so good to be loved. Looks like you have enough books for some summer reading. Blessings , love you, XOXO, Susie

Sandi said...

I have heard Skin So Soft keeps mosquitos away.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So many fun items you found! I would love to go thrifting with you! You make it fun! I'm not sure why you threw the purple pillowcases away...I thought they looked pretty! LOL. I do love vintage pillowcases if they are in good shape. I have some very old ones that belonged to my hubby's grandmother, and I think she did the embroidery on them, but the fabric on the cases in the middle where the head goes are kind of stained from oils over the years. I wish I could figure out something to do with them because I don't want to throw them away. I love that coffee mug, and especially because LD brought you coffee in bed in it. How sweet!! This was a fun post. Thank you for making us smile.

Deanna Rabe said...

Very successful thrifting!

Seeing those cute fall things made me long for the autumn!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ditto above comments. Last yr friend gave me her mother's China in that Lennox pattern she and her late mom had same China I have always liked it so very pleased to be the recipient --- D--

Wanda said...

Oh Linda, so many more treasures. Where do you find places for them? Do you replace, or just find a corner and spot where it works. I really like the idea of the little rug to cover your stove top. I think thats a good idea.

I did have a successful trip to our Thrift Store the other day. Two nice tops, a "Cathy" and a "Old Navy" and Don found a stand up toilet paper holder since it hard for him to reach the stationary one next to the toilet.

So we had win win too on a much smaller scale HaHa.

Sening love and hugs.

Judy said...

You are the champion thrifter! Good haul! Nice of your friend to pass along her Francine Rivers library. That will keep you busy for awhile. Wait, you are always busy. When do you have time to read?

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your bee t-shirt!! And the pumpkin!! It is so country looking! Our Goodwills have a new policy. If the clothes you bought do not fit, you can return them with the receipt and get store credit!! As you like to say, "WIN WIN!"

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Every time you go thrifting, Linda, and show us your great finds,I have the same question as another blogger who commented...where do you put everything? That said, you always find the best deals and it seems you have a great many places to thrift, so good for you. It was nice of your friend to gift you with the books and the denim already cut into squares.