Sunday, June 11, 2023

Celebrating Faith's Graduation!!

Friday morning we all woke up about the same time!
It's a tradition to have special coffee at MeeMaw's and now that the girls are older - I make the coffee and they choose their cups and take it from there!
 

Really GOOD coffee!
Honey Lavender with cream and extra cream and cinnamon.


Strawberry Pop Tarts and hashed brown patties made up our breakfast!

Brenda said Billy was going to get to go with us to Costco - and since we had the girls - We would follow them in our car. Billy could put the TV we were hoping to buy in his truck!
We were to be ready at noon, alas, Tabitha got out and all three girls and I chased her between the houses on either side of us until she finally gave up and ran up on the porch and turned over on her back!

I was also talking to Walgreens about Louis Dean's Eliquis...seems the prescription I picked up in Waco on the 25th was left at the ranch!

Put it all together, I was feeling pretty shaky!

Brenda and Billy ran an errand while I finally got my act together and dressed and then we were all off to Costco with Logan and Kailey riding with Billy and Brenda.
I think they talked hockey all the way!


I was so grateful for help in choosing a TV and went for one with better color.
Since we are not members of Costco, it was a little tricky checking out.
At Sam's you can bring a friend but apparently not here.
No worries! Brenda figured it out and we all gathered in the snack bar for a quick bite of lunch.


Friends and Family make all the difference and I am so thankful for mine.


Louis Dean was a happy man with his upgraded TV!


Billy helped him get it all installed and Brenda is super smart just about everything.
The base backets were spaced farther apart than the shelf was wide and they were talking about getting a board to put on top when Brenda looked up at a shelf hung over the den window facing the street and said, "What about that shelf?? I bet that is exactly what you need!" And so it was!!
It was really kind of them to stay and help me program the TV!
I think I have since deleted all our cable channels except Spectrum One News but I am learning...a little.

Once the TV was up and running - so were we!


WE high tailed it over to the Bells for Faith's graduation party.


The Bells have a home that is just perfect for entertaining!


Amber had a busy week - it being her birthday week and all - but she knows how to throw a party!!
Street Tacos and all the fixings and so much more!


Listening to everyone talking and laughing together is my favorite part!


Entertainment was this roller thing....
even I took a turn at it!


I think nearly everyone tried it!


Jesse was pretty good for his first time.



Faith wore a pretty yellow dress with cowboy boots and a great big SMILE!


Our last activity was NUTS!!!



Ben won one game and I forgot who won the first one -
but I won the third and final game and let out a piercing scream.....
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTS!!

I used to be the Queen of Nuts but not so much any more so I was EXCITED to win!!

The girls had such a good time writing the blog yesterday and wanted me to thank you all for being so kind in your comments. 
Since they read my blog and all the comments from my journal entries, they were excited to read comments directed to them!!
They are growing up!!!



9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So what is the size of the T.V.? Are you going to post a pic of it on the shelf? Did you get a Samsung? We would never in a million years be able to hook up a new T.V., along with all our satellite and streaming! So I dread whenever we need to get a new one. It seems that cats always escape at the very worst times possible, doesn't it? Of course, is there ever any good time for a cat to escape?

Donna said...

Congratulations to Faith! She's a beauty and I know you two are so very proud of her!
That coffee looks yummy!
When Larry & I shop at Costco, we go with our friends...we see something? They buy it then we just write them a check for it with the tax...easy.
Glad LD had help getting the TV installed. TVs are getting so big!
The party looked fun! You have a beautiful family.
We've never heard of "Nuts"...sounds fun.
Have a sweet and peaceful week!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

Faith is a beautiful young woman and her yellow dress is so pretty and as bright and sunny as she is. your party sounds and looks like a blast, but then we know when your family gets together is is a PARTY... LOVE Ambers house and decor. yay for the new TV that is up and running. ditto all the questions Ginny asked,

Carol said...

Faith looks beautiful and I am so proud of her for graduating. Amber's house is beautiful and I truly do not know how people can keep their homes so clean and spotless.

photowannabe said...

Wow, grass never grows under your feet!! You are one busy family but I love every bit of it. What a party and what good friends to help you with the TV. Now Louis Dean should be in TV heaven.
Happy Sunday
Sue

Rita said...

Looks like quite the fun graduation party! Beautiful young woman. :)
You'll have to show the new TV on its shelf. Looks like it was a big one.
Have a great week. :)

Wanda said...

What a fun family you have. How wonderful when you would rather be with family than anyone else. We feel that way about our family too.
Faith is lovely. I like dresses and cowboy boots. I'm a boot person,

Fun to see everyone loving to play games..Nutts.......looks like a blast.

You will enjoy your new TV, but these modern ones are hard to program. Our kids and grandkids had to do ours!! I'm good at off and on,,, up and down. HaHa.

Hope we here more from the young bloggers!

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a hectic but fun day. Congratulations to your beautiful granddaughter Faith.

Arlene G said...

Bless your heart with that tv!! Those smart tvs are smarter than I am! Glad you had some expert help. And how pretty Faith is! I enjoy seeing your older grands. My teenage grands are on vacation in Colorado right now. It is good to see them growing and learning but I miss those sweet babies.