Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Fort Worth Stock Yards With Linda and Kermit!

Brenda picked us up at 10:00 Wednesday morning for out adventure to the Stock Yards in Fort Worth.


Linda is all up to do and see all things 'Texas!' while she's here!!!
(This is her first time to visit the state!)

We found a good place to park and browsed a few shops!
I found one that sells Magnolia Pearl and I was excited to see what they had.
I have a Facebook friend and that is her  favorite brand....she calls her look 'Homeless Victorian' although the clothing is pretty pricey! $200 for a scarf and $550 for a dress.
I won't be buying anything anytime soon but I love the way they look!


*Source*

*Source*

Linda took Kermit shopping and he was in his element!
 


He's loving TEXAS!!

We arrived early enough to watch the 11:30 cattle drive.


We found a place to sit in the shade while we waited for them to start.


I got to hold Kermit!!!


Here they come!


Kermit was so excited!


Look at those LOOOOOONG Horns!

That was fun and we were hot and thirsty so we found a place to get something cold to drink.
It felt good to be inside with the AC blasting!
It's heating up in Texas!

Our next stop - Billy Bob's!


On our way there Linda met one of the Longhorns from the cattle drive and decided to let Kermit climb on with her!
This gal is full of fun and spirit!


My WAZE said Billy Bob's was 2 minutes away but the sun was hot and we would have to leave the shade - so we walked back to the car! Good thing we did, too!


It took maybe 5 minutes to drive there and the AC was so welcome!!
Billy Bob's is the world's largest Honky Tonk and there was lots to see and do even if there were no concerts going on.
Nita and Mike took Louis Dean and me here to see Willie Nelson some years ago to celebrate LD's birthday. Let me tell you - It was PACKED then!!!


We were so glad we came!


Linda had a ball!!!

Last thing on our to do list for Wednesday was to eat at Joe T. Garcia's...


Brenda had never been there before and she'd only been to the Stock Yards years and YEARS ago!
We arrived at 2:07 and they close at 2:30!
Established in 1935 - Joe T. Garcia's is a Texas Tradition!

A perfect way to end our trip to Fort Worth!



13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You sure know how to treat your guests!!!

Donna said...

What a fun daytrip!
hugs
Donna

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Texas and lived there for many years. It's fun to really experience the best spots! Have fun!

Susie said...

Linda, What a fun day. The only thing to make it better to me would me having been there with all of you. Love the Kermit shots. Stay safe. Blessings to all. xoxo, love you, Susie

Deanna Rabe said...

Y'all are having too much fun! Ha! No such thing as too much fun!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Looks like you are having such a wonderful time!! So much to see and do! Is Kermit the other Linda's friend? So cute!! I've never been to Texas, but you are making me wish I could visit too. Probably won't happen in this lifetime, but it's fun to live it through your eyes. Thank you for this fun and happy post!!! Two lovely Linda's having a ball!! God is good.

MadSnapper said...

I love long horns and would have been happy to do/see everything you did and I would have loved to get on that longhorn since they had the steps. I want to pet him. I can't imagine a store that sells 500 dollar dresses and would have skipped that. your clothes are all prettier that this dress. I shop walmart for mine... i feel happy seeing the two of you being so happy. I love all things western so this is what i would have loved to do with you

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great day you had~ you managed to do so much in the heat. I'd like a/c too! Glad you got to go and enjoy the day!

Debbie said...

you 2 sure are adventurous, what a fun day!! i watched the video...i wondered what keeps those animals from attacking the onlookers? see, i am not as much fun!!

i have only ever visited austin texas when my oldest son lived there!!

photowannabe said...

You two Lindas are 2 peas in a pod.
What a fun friend. I love her sense of adventure and go with the flow attitude.
Kermit is the perfect traveling companion.
$200.00 for a scarf..hmmm...no thanks I'll pass.
Sue

Anonymous said...

You surely are a great hostess!!
The other Linda will have lots to post about on her blog.
BTW, I have to say that you are looking cuter every day. I love the way you are fixing your hair. Seems like you are just overflowing with the joy of life. You are a real overcomer.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That a fun visit to have been reading about, Linda. It is great that you and the "other" Linda Chapman were able to meet and such a great coincidence that you have the same names too! You have curely been having a great time shopping and dining.

Anonymous said...

You gals look like you’re having a ball! God is good!