Monday, June 12, 2023

The 'Other' Linda Chapman - Welcome to TEXAS!!!

 I went to bed early Sunday morning - right around 1:00.
My alarm went off at 5:00 but I was already awake because I was so excited!


I arrived at the airport early to pick up my friend from Canada!

We have been friends for years but this was the fist time we've met in person!
We bonded from the moment we saw each other and it's like we've known each other for years - as we HAVE!!


I had left Louis Dean asleep in bed as her flight came in shortly after 7:00 that Sunday morning.
To my surprise, Louis Dean was dressed adn sitting out on the driveway to greet us when I pulled up.

We sat out there and visited awhile before coming in and getting coffee!


I made a Dutch Baby for breakfast along with some bacon and then we were off to church for the 11:15 service.


Brenda and Billy met us there and we stood around visiting for a bit.
Brenda was going home and then coming back to our house for lunch while Billy went to check on his mother.


Linda Chapman came bearing 14 pounds of gifts!
It felt like Christmas morning as we opened up everything!!!
We all received pieces of amethysts which her brother in law mined himself!!
How cool is THAT?? 


Lunch was ham, pinto beans, potato salad, pepper poppers and a Dream Sickle Salad!!

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon of visiting and eating and then we girls played NUTS!

It was an amazing first day with Linda and we had such a good time.
Kindred spirits are we!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 'other' Linda is an early riser and I found her in the den at 8:00 when we had coffee together.
We talked fast and furious for awhile before we got ready to head to Dallas!

Billy had strongly recommended Raising Cane's Chicken so that's where we had lunch AFTER we shopped Hobby Lobby in Plano!


We pronounced it GOOD!!!!

Next we were off to visit the Bells!


It was hugs at first sight!


Linda has kept up with the Bells since the beginning!
I think we became Facebook friends back in 2007 or so.
We have 'history' together.

She gifted each of the kids with a Canadian bag full of CHOCOLATES!!
And only chocolates you can get in CANADA!!
Plus fluffy socks like you see on Kailey in the photo above.
When Harrison opened his bag and found his socks, he said, "These are my DREAM sox!!!"


He is such a good sport and I love this pic of him!

We sat around and talked and had a good time and then the girls brought in the hoover board.


Linda has been in 74 different countries and stayed in huts in South Africa and tended elephants in Thailand and visited the great wall of China. She has been in the jungles of Peru and so much more!
So trying out the hoover board was no big challenge to her!


Although the kids were very protective and insisted on holding on!


But she was determined and she DID it!!!!


YAY!!!



Stay tuned for more adventures!
We are LOVING our time with the OTHER Linda Chapman!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Whitney B

Wanda said...

Oh how fun. You look like kindred spirits....and even to share the same name.
I have met a couple of blog friends, but when I met Sue (Photowantabe) we clicked like you and Linda. We have kept in touch and have had many times shareing together.

Just loved all the pictures and food and that Linda was game to ride the wheely thing.

Frindship is so special. My blog I just posted is about my forever friend, Kris. We've been friends for 77 years. Hope you'll drop by and meet her.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful visit! How long will she be staying? I could never, ever, do that hoverboard!

MadSnapper said...

I am now pondering if the world can take TWO LINDA CHAPMANS, ha ha.. great job on that hoover board. enjoy the rest of your week. you are off to a super good start

Donna said...

Oh how fun! The board video was a hoot! She is so good humored...
hugs
Donna

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are all just having TOO much FUN! How wonderful. We all wish we were there. Lots of hugs to you both...to all of you, Diane

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a wonderful time, meeting your namesake and finding out you are sisters at heart for sure! I love the photos of the Bells with her and all the fun they had with her on the hover board. She's brave to try it! Your food looks so good and I wonder when you have time to do all that cooking and visit too! You must be super organized. I love that you are having so much fun. God bless you both, Linda and Linda!!

BeachGypsy said...

Love the amethysts!! LINDAS --- have fun!!

photowannabe said...

TOO, TOO much fun!!!
Kindred spirits for sure. I'll bet the chatting goes on non stop. Does LD get a word in edge-wise? HaHa...
Enjoy every minute.
Sue

Anonymous said...

What an awesome visit! Know you are enjoying one another!

Carole said...

Watch out world - two lInda Chapman's.... Cheers

Judy said...

So fun! Two Linda Chapmans. Double the trouble & double the fun!

BeachGypsy said...

howdy there Linda, hope you and Linda ARE HAVING LOTS OF FUN! saw you commented, and yes, I had heard of Blue Birds, a long time ago. I had wondered what it was? I had heard of Camp Fire Girls too.

Debby said...

How fun is that, to have a friend with the same exact name. It looks like a nice time for you both.

Deanna Rabe said...

You’re making awesome memories together!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Looks like you are having a very fun visit.
I've enjoyed watching all the hoover board videos, but don't think I'd be brave enough to try it.