Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Tuesday Things

It was 21 degrees when Summer woke up this morning at 6:30!
She slept toasty warm in her van under the heated throw.


I got up at 8:00 and she was in the front room where the temperature stayed right at 40 degrees overnight. It was 60 inside the camper. Not bad!
I made a big pan of oatmeal, cooked up some bacon and popped a tube of biscuits in the little toaster oven and she and I had breakfast together. We did our Bible reading and then came in to work on the puzzle before she had to leave in time to get back to Dallas for her doctor appointment.


I am so happy to say that she left feeling so much better than she did when she arrived on Saturday evening!



I know I sound like a hillbilly......



Summer sent me this video she took right after leaving while she was on the County Line Road.
My GOODNESS! Just look at all those birds! Reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock's film......


Looks spooky!!!


I pretty much took today off.
I made breakfast and then a Taco salad for lunch.
I didn't make up the bed or do anything more than wash up the dishes.
Then after lunch I went back to bed until time to get ready to go to our monthly bee meeting.


I saw Sherry walking up up and she looked so cute all dressed up like an Eskimo!
Sherry is like Louis Dean - she does NOT like cold!!

We went off to our bee meeting and it was a good one.
We learn more every month plus she put in her order for a new hive of bees to be delivered in April.
I was so excited!!! We are 'expecting' again!
I'll be ordering Louis Dean a bee suit before they arrive as he and Dean are going to need to get involved now.....at least for the heavy lifting.


We usually grab a bite to eat after the meeting and tonight it was Taco Bell - and it was so good!
Spending time with Sherry was even better!
Sometimes you just need to talk.


Louis Dean surprised me with a really warm bathroom!!!
Dean came down and helped him install this heater that uses propane gas.
It immediately raised the temp in the front room by 10+ degrees!
I sat out there and painted for about 45 minutes while he went around stuffing 'pneumonia' holes....
he used insulation to fill in the cracks where he hasn't finished out the wall.
In spite of the intense cold - we have stayed comfortable!

We have decided to take one more day so we'll go home Thursday instead of tomorrow.
AND I have good news from home.....
Summer went over to our house after getting her hair cut......


AND she fixed the TV!!!!
She bought a universal remote and now that's the one and ONLY remote and it controls everything!
Louis Dean is one happy man!
The Geek Squad said it was a Direct TV thing but Summer proved them wrong.

Goodnight, Folks.....or maybe I should say good morning!
Signing off at 12:19


16 comments:

Vee said...

Summer is a genius! I am glad that she was able to straighten the tv around. Say, did she visit your hairdresser? That gal looks familiar.

Goodness, it has been cold in Texas...about as cold as it has been here and I consider that chilly indeed. The only difference is that we have some snow on the ground.

Enjoy your extra day at the ranch!

Carol said...

I am super excited that you are expecting as I know that you enjoy the bees. I am also glad that Summer is feeling better.
Thankful that you have rested some and that LD has it warmer for you. He is so good with taking care of things. I am sure that he is excited about the tv fixed.
It is as cold there as it is here ALMOST! I think our low was 9. We are breaking record colds!!

jackie said...

Your Summer is just the "Best"!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad Summer got it figured out! KUDOS to Summer! Hope you have a wonderful week and don't freeze! It's breezy and cool here in FL this morning! Hugs!

Rain said...

Oooh the Birds! Honestly, that would kind of creep me out if I drove up to a scene like that! I'm like Sherry and Louis Dean too...I guess I'm in the wrong area for someone who doesn't like snow!!! Good for Summer!! She always looks so happy. :) I love the "hillbilly" in you Linda! :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your Summer seems to bring a lot of happiness wherever she goes. So glad she was feeling better and could enjoy her stay with you. What a blessing she is. Sounds like you had a great Taco Tuesday with lunch and dinner. They are always good and hit the spot. Oh my, congrats on getting more bees. Yes, you'll be needing more help. Hope Louis Dean is willing. Not everyone is a good bee keeper.

MadSnapper said...

I shivered for you when reading your temps, both in and outside.. bob hates cold to. he is complaining today and we are at 57 going to 67. that is record cold for Nov here. that bird video could be used to do a remake of The Birds. I have seen them in the sky and trees like that but not on a road... wow.
so happy Summer could fix your TV. I was pretty sure it could be fixed and was not Direct TV related. glad you now have one remote. we have several, but I know how to use them. bob does not. he can work the TV remote but not anything else

Susie said...

Linda, It is cold here also. We have had a fire for a few days in the fireplace. It helps. So smart of Summer to fix the TV. So much for those Geeks. I am really wondering about them. I have not been happy with this last time we have dealt with them. So glad you had some fun times with Summer, Sherry, LD, and Dean. Blessings to all, xoxo, love you, Susie

photowannabe said...

Yay for Summer!!!
What an awesome "gift". Now everyone is happy and now you are toasty warm besides.
Boy, the weather sure changed for you 21F. is too cold for me.
Congratulations on "expecting" in April. (:0)

Ginny Hartzler said...

A day off for you still involves cooking meals, washing dishes, and going to a meeting! What a lovely and special time you and Summer had, just the two of you!!! Those birds must have found some kind of food on the road. In my opinion, The Gook Squad were unable to fix it, so needed to place the blame elsewhere! Summer could work there, as she is more knowledgeable than they are!! I hope her doctor appointment goes well.

Tina said...

Yay Summer! She's the best! So glad you all had a good day and that Summer is feeling better! That Taco Bell looks good, might have to get some this weekend! Have a great Wednesday!

jujupage1 said...

Well done to Summer! It's freezing I'm England too. I have to do my exams in the freezing cold sports hall! 😭

Carole said...

Yay for the younger generation - they know their tech... Cheers

Stacy said...

Ha! The blood must thin out when you live somewhere relatively warm. My aunt's significant other HATES cold weather even though he grew up in Montana. He loves the Arizona summers. The rest of the year he wears longjohns and many layers over that. And when he came to visit in Pennsylvania he wore his longjohn's the entire time even though it was in the 80's!

Bluebird49 said...

Summer is so great to do that, and her haircut is perfect and carefree!
Yay for heaters and more bees!

Eva B. Norvell said...

Isn't it great to have your child around to fix your electronics? Praying that she'll have relief from her chronic pain. I'd love to get your Christmas card although I'm reluctant to put my address on here. Maybe I'll find another way--e-mail or message.

Eva