Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Rolls, Pies and Blowing Leaves!! Monday to Wednesday!

These days leading up to Thanksgiving have been busy ones.


Rayne and Summer spent Monday morning with us before they went back to Rowlett in the afternoon. Summer fluffed this wreath up after I thought I'd put in the trash. She can make anything look good! Can you spy Rayne in the wreath?

Since I got up early, I went to bed for a good long nap after they left.
Then I got a second wind.....


and spent the rest of Monday dressing the living room up.
Louis Dean is my knight in shining armor getting all the lights on the tree.
He loves colored lights and I love white ones so we used both!


The living room is looking so cozy!


While it wasn't decorated at this point - we were happy to have the tree UP and LIT!


I've been playing Christmas music for awhile now.
Louis Dean bought this stereo with a 5 CD player......as well as 2 cassette players....for my birthday the first year we were married.....2005. I may be old school but I love it and just hope I can buy another one when this one bites the dust!


I pronounced the room clean and lit the candles.


This is my favorite place to relax these days because I can put my feet up and look at the tree.
We turned all the lights out except for the tree and had a glass of wine to end our Monday.

Tuesday morning I woke up early - again.
As tired as I get these days, I am still excited about decorating and can't wait to get back to it.
I had planned on getting the entire house decorated and then go back and do the trees.
However, since I'm not doing as many trees as I usually do - I decided to go ahead and decorate the big tree mixing in all my memory ornaments.


Summer has gifted me a collection of cardinals and I included them in the big tree along with the oldest ornaments I have......can you see that small bell with just a few spots of blue glitter on it?
That came from my childhood Christmas tree. Mother gave that one and a gold one when I left home.
The blue sequined ball tied with gold ribbon was the first craft I made after I got married.
It's just a Styrofoam ball with sequins and straight pins. I made it in 1964 and have hung it on my tree every year since then. I also hung all my hand painted ones that I have done through the years - including a honey bee for this year!


It's a hodge podge but I love it.

So what was Louis Dean doing while I was hanging ornaments?


He was baking!
He bakes best when no one bothers him so, once again, I took a good long nap.
Oh, MY! It smelled so good when I woke up!


He also made cinnamon rolls! 
He bakes them and I frost them!


It was warm on Tuesday and I had the kitchen French doors open when a little visitor came in.
He went right back out but I set a dish with a chicken carcass in it on the deck....and he found it.
It makes me feel good to feed critters and I am missing my possums!

Today was cooler and cloudy with rain in the forecast.
My hero helped me get all the tubs I had scattered around the back patio packed away in the fall storage area and bring in a few of the Christmas tubs.


Then he went out and started his work.
I admit to being nervous when he got up on the roof and blew out the gutters.
I prayed the entire time he was up there and hovered around the door until he was ready to come down and then I held the ladder for him.


He wanted to get this job done before the rain arrived.


I hope we can keep on doing what we do for a long time.
We do have a yard guy but he comes from time to time and not really scheduled.
We have his phone number but - bottom line - he comes on his own schedule.
We may have to change that or hire someone else when we get 'old.'


I used this opportunity to put my feet up and admire Louis Dean.
Then I went behind him and picked up another basket of pecans!

While he had control of the kitchen on Tuesday - I had the kitchen today!


Three Fireball Pumpkin Pies!
DONE! And followed by a nap.
My knee seems to get worse every day and I am so grateful that my surgery date is already set.
I am able to get up and go again after I rest awhile and that's a good thing.

Next up?
Bourbon Bacon Pecan Pie!


I have to wear two pair of glasses sometimes to read and the recipe calls for half a cup of melted butter - which I had in a bowl in the microwave - and forgot.
I mixed it all up and put it in the oven......
and then I remembered the butter!!!
I jerked it out of the oven, dumped the filling back in the bowl, added the butter and mixed it up again.....and poured it back into the shell and pie tarts ....as I made more filling than I needed so I filled up six little tart pans.


It turned out great!


I taste tested a tiny bite of one of these.
Win! WIN!!!
I did not taste test the pumpkin pies, though, so I will get back to you on these!

It's Thanksgiving Eve and I am counting my blessings.
I've already loaded the car with stuff to take over to Fort Worth in the morning.

Louis Dean and I are watching a Closer and then it's a shower and bed - and I put fresh sheets on this morning! Bliss!!!


20 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Thanksgiving.
Hey when you decorate for Christmas - you DECORATE for Christmas. The tree was beautiful.
Those cinnamon rolls looked pretty good too!
sandie

Saimi said...

You are one busy beaver and you still manage to get a nap in, I'm in awe of you! Your house looks so lovely, cozy and festive and your Louis Dean is one handy guy, wow those rolls and Cinnamon rolls are making my mouth drool. It seems everyone is having some kind of weird weather. For us we have had major winds all day today and it's predicted to last through early tomorrow morning.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Bluebird49 said...

You've been busy as a bee and so has Louis Dean! I hope your knee treats you well 'til you can have the surgery, and that youall have a great Thanksgiving!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day Linda and LD.
Hugs.
Joy

Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You have done a lot more than I. Your tree is beautiful. I don't put my tree up until the first of December. When I put it up, that is. Your pies look good. Hope you have a wonderful day.

MadSnapper said...

Happy Thanksgiving! enjoy your day. I see the sweetie hiding in the wreathe, that is a really cute photo of her. Bob has never touched a Christmas tree, not in the 35 years I have known him. and also never baked anything except a turkey in his life. he and LD are so much alike, but those two things opposite...

peggy said...

Linda, you two will never need that lawn service because you don't have time to get old. My advice don't ever stop going strong and you will always be young. Happy Thanksgiving.

Changes in the wind said...

You both have been very busy getting everything done and doesn't it all look so nice. I guess I am old school and refuse to do anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving but my decorations are very low key so no need to start so early. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Vee said...

Have a fabulous Thanksgiving! You two are powerhouses. No kidding. Everything looks like a Christmas movie...better! I liked the blessing you left with me at my place. Amen to that and I wish you the very same!

Arlene G said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lind and Louis Dean!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

your pies look wonderful and I'm sure they will be enjoyed. My DIL was to do pies this year so I didn't make any and U nss miss having one on hand, I should have mae one of my own. I'm a huge pumpkin pie fan. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm decorating here today while I watch the Parade on TV. Course it won't be done yet, but at least I'm started.

photowannabe said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and LD.
You are truly Blessed.
LD is a Prince!
Gorgeous decorations through out your home. You make it so cozy and inviting.
Your wall of your paintings is amazing and beautiful.
I'm so glad you are having surgery on that knee of yours...Rest when you can..
I don't think you and LD will ever get old!!
Blessings on this special day.
Sue

Deanna Rabe said...

Happy Thanksgiving friends! Many blessings on you both!

Carol said...

I pray that you had a blessed Thanksgiving. I am amazed that you get a nap even with everything that you get done. I am resting today as I done a little more yesterday than I wanted to.

Carole said...

Happy Thanksgiving - I'm grateful to have a window into your life. Cheers

Peter parker said...

Binance google authentication not working or failed

Is your Binance google authentication not working? After trying every method you still not able to remove the error in Binance exchange. Contacting the adroit and skilled experts is the best thing you can do in such time as they have unlimited ways and methods to remove the issues from roots in few minutes. You have to dial 24/7 active Binance customer support number and get your issues fixed instantly. They are always available to guide you. Binance helpdesk is the provider of 24x7 Customer Service Phone Number so that coping with various technical issues become so easier.
Website: https://bit.ly/35CLJ2A

Judy said...

It looks so festive over there! How nice to have your own on-site baker!

Crypto Support said...

To login to the Blockchain account, users require email ID and password, if you have forgotten either of them then, you might face an issue in login to the Blockchain account. If you are facing error and need solution to fix this error as soon as possible, you can always take help from the skilled professionals who are always there to fix your queries. All you can do is to call on Blockchain support number +1-424-264-0326 which is functional all the time. The team is ready to guide you and helps you in dealing with issues in hassle-free manner. Therefore, get in touch with them to get solutions and eliminate problems in no time.
Visit: https://www.cryptocurrencyphonesupport.com/wallet-blockchain/

Crypto Support said...

Can you withdraw fromBitcoin?|Bitcoin +1-424-264-0326 number

Are you facing trouble in receiving bitcoin from other wallets and need steps to get the proper process to receive bitcoin? Bitcoin is the popular coin and despite its up and rise this year, it has still maintained that craze among users. If you’re looking for remedies and solutions related to bitcoin, you can always call on Bitcoin customer service number
+1-424-264-0326 which is functional always and the best place where users are provided with every solution related to query. You can talk to them for better results and process.
For more info: Bitcoin support phone number
Bitcoin customer care number

Crypto Support said...

Binance 2fa not working properly| Binance +1-424-264-0326 number


Binance two-factor authentication is second protection feature after the password that helps in protecting your data and information stored in the system. If you are facing trouble in opening an account and need solution related to queries, you can always ask for help from the team via calling on Binance customer support number +1-424-264-0326 which is always active and provides a route to the professionals who are always ready to assist you at every step. Talk to them regarding troubles and avail quality solutions from them.
Website: Binance support phone number