Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sunday!

It's been a very good Sunday!
Louis Dean didn't sleep well last night but got up and got ready to go to church anyway.


It's a tradition for Louis Dean to turn on some gospel music by way of You Tube as we have coffee and dress for church. He discovered the music of Jessy Dixon a few months ago and he is our favorite gospel singer! Along with Tennessee Ernie Ford!
Our hearts are all ready for the message by the time we get to Fellowship Church.


This morning Ed Young was preaching the second May Day message from the Florida campus.
We knew we wanted to join the church today and that's exactly what we did and we are so excited about it. I am looking forward to serving there and can't wait to get started.

We ate lunch at King Buffet......


per Louis Dean's request.
It was seriously good and I'm still full over six hours later!

We came home and got the truck to head to Murphy, Texas which is just beyond Plano.


Our friend, Dee, gave us about 150 landscape stones.
Each one weighs around 3 pounds.


My hero!!!

I think his Cherokee blood and working hard must be what keeps Louis Dean so 'young!'


Dee and I visited while LD worked!

I love Dee's home!!
I love to see where people live and all their pretty things!


These 'COW girls' are in her bathroom!


And all these birds houses are along the fence in her back yard!
I wished I had brought her my dentist themed bird house to add to her collection.


Dee scored big time on these bedside water containers.
The cup sits on top.
See the one on the right?
That pretty turquoise one?
She gave that to me!
I already have it in the fridge filled with water to put beside my bed tonight!


This beautiful original painting was a wedding gift when she married Gerald.
It's huge and I love it!


The same artist painted this large painting and it hangs in their bedroom.


Dee grew up in Oregon and this last wall art came from there.
I forgot what kind of tree it is made of but it is beautiful.

What a treat it was to get to visit with her and tour her beautiful home.
All the way home Louis Dean and I were talking about where we will be using the stones they gave us. I got up to take a picture of the back yard where he's been working so you could get an idea of what I'm talking about - but it's already dark!

See y'all tomorrow!!






13 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for sharing Dee's wonderful art pieces. Hugs

Joy

Ginny Hartzler said...

Dee sure has a lot of special and wonderful things! I love that tree the best. And the cool bedtime water containers! Congrats on joining the church!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Maybe you can send Dee the bird house as a thank you gift!

Happy holiday weekend Linda.

Vee said...

Wow! That is a boatload of pavers! I hope that Louis Dean had a special method of moving them as that sounds back breaking. Your friend’s home sounds delightful and I enjoyed seeing some of her treasures. That bedside carafe looks pretty nifty. Enjoy your church membership and serving there. Happy Memorial Day!

Carol said...

LD sure does stay busy! Your friend's home has some beautiful art work.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!

MadSnapper said...

the water jars are really pretty, I have never seen those before. wow on all that work LD did.. you are right about hard work keeping our guys going. as long as they keep on working they will be able to. inactivity is our enemy as we age. you would be so disappointed in my house. you would consider it stark, nothing sitting around or on and walls almost bare, with what is there symmetrical. plus brilliant sunshine and no twinkling lights.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I’m sure you and Louis Dean will find some way to serve at your church, you both serve others as naturally as breathing!

Louis Dean is amazing, that’s a lot of pavers!

I keep a glass of water next to my bed every night. Your container is s pretty!

The Feminine Energy said...

What a fun day.... and Dee's home looks so beautiful from the pics you shared, Linda. I love the picture of you & Dee! :-) Your "church clothes" were so pretty yesterday.

There's a part of me that wishes I could "enjoy" a modern church like it seems the one you attend is. But I was raised Roman Catholic and you know what that means: candles burning, dimmed lighting, incense, quiet. It does give a sense of reverence and all that but... well... it's pretty much all I've known... at a deep level anyway. Today I worship at home... still quiet, sometimes with candles & incense burning. Some habits are ingrained for life. :-)

Love, Andrea xoxo

Changes in the wind said...

What a sense of humor to have those cows in her bathroom! Your LD does seem amazing to be able to do the things he does and am sure he will put those pavers to good use.

photowannabe said...

Yes time does fly when you are having fun.
Your church sounds wonderful and I am glad you are joining..You both have such servants hearts.
There'll be just the right place to use that gift.
Love the water glass and that color.
All those bird houses are delightful, I'll bet you begin a collection too.
Oh my goodness, that's a whole lot of pavers and I'm sure LD will find the perfect spot for them.
You two are simply Awesome!!

Rain said...

Time is flying WAY too fast these days!! I love your friend's cows and birdhouses!!! :)

Carole said...

LD you are a legend! Linda, you too! Cheers