Tuesday, November 21, 2017

My 'Vacant' House, Tuesday Treasures and Louis Dean Playing on the Roof - Again!

I've been busy cleaning the house in preparation of the Christmas Decorating which may begin as early as tomorrow! I took pictures of several rooms without ANY seasonal decorations especially for Carole at Carole's Chatter!


I started in the den and worked my way through the house!


Maybe this year I will actually finish the Christmas puzzle I've been working on since last Christmas!


The scene is set for adding the decorations!


The foyer feels empty.


No wreaths or extra debris.


Tomorrow I will rearrange that cream rocker and Louis Dean will be putting up the big tree on Thanksgiving afternoon.


I am already playing Christmas music!
This much was all done on Friday.


This morning I cleaned up the kitchen and took out any extra debris.


It will soon be transformed into a Christmas Kitchen!


To add to the ambiance, I baked up three sheets of fruitcake cookies.
They look like jewels!


The dining room is all ready for embellishing!


I had to stop working inside and went out to check on Louis Dean.
He was playing up on the roof! Again!
Our turbo vent had been wailing and he went up to replace it and then decided to blow off all the true debris from the roof and gutters!
Once he was safely down, I went off to do my Tuesday Treasures!


I made a pretty nice haul!


My best buy was the napkin rings......Lenox - brand new and in the box! Less than $5 and each box had the original tag of $30 on it! The Santa candle holders were also new in the box as was the angel tree topper. My favorite, though, was the American Atelier salad plates.... 7 for less than $5!
Plus I bought a stack of great tins for this year's batch of Texas Trash!

I stopped by and visited Reaoma before coming home.
What with my dental work and recovery and going to the ranch - it had been a few weeks since I had seen her. I would appreciate any prayers on her behalf. She still has a great attitude but her life is hard now. I have to remind myself of what a great and grand life she has lived. Reaoma is probably one of the most interesting friends I have ever had. She has lived a really BIG life and it hurts me to see her suffer so now. 


Louis Dean cooked a ham today while I was gone.
We are to take one for Thanksgiving in Fort Worth. However, he thinks this one was a bit overcooked so he is thawing a second ham and will cook it tomorrow while he bakes the dinner rolls.
Overcooked or not - it tastes delicious and that's what we are going to eat for a rather late dinner tonight!


But first - it's Wine Time on the driveway!!!
Like old times!!!



18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your Tuesday haul! My favorite is the T-towels. I also love seeing your home without any decorations...for maybe the first time! I can see more of what it is like now! We started decorating today, too! Just taking the fall things to the basement and packing them up made my back hurt! Now all the Christmas things are up here and all piled on the table. This should take a day or two more! I need aspirin to decorate!

ellen b. said...

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Linda!

Aloha Acres said...

I always tell my hubby, "I want to have Wine Time like Linda and LD!" Maybe one day he'll slow down enough to enjoy a glass with me on a week night. ;)

Kathy said...

I love fall so much that I keep it up as long as possible. Mine will be up until the end of the month. It was really interesting to see your home without decorations. You can really see the bones of the house that way. I am looking forward to your Christmas Kitchen though. Tell LD to stay off of that roof! But if he's anything like Joe, he won't listen anyway.

Bluebird49 said...

You'll be rolling in Christmas tomorrow! I've made the chicken salad and deviled eggs to take to our son and his family for Thanksgiving. We'll leave tomorrow---stay til Monday. Hope my knees and back will hold up!
I can smell those cookies from there to here!
Happy, blessed Thanksgiving to you all!

jujupage1 said...

Your place looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

You took lot of effort to do this. Decorations looks good. Fruit cookies are yummy!

Susie said...

Linda, You and LD just keep on working. LOL I love that you really stick with things till you are done. Some times I have to have a fire under my butt...I did not used to be that way...but any more it seems so. I did get most of the fall things done and put away yesterday. You tell LD to start wearing a harness if he is going to be climbing...yikes. You did get some cute things from the thrift store. Blessings to all of you. I know it will be a fun thanksgiving..wish I were there. Love you guys, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What great finds you got on your Tuesday treasure hunt. I love the lights all around your house and am determined to get some up around here. They make every thing look magical even with out your decorations. We are having Turkey on Thanksgiving, but I've been thinking about getting a ham too as there will be a big crowd this year as some extended family will be joining in our family celebration. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with yours.

Arlene G said...

You have been busy Linda!! I got all my Christmas up here at Nanaland but Grimmwood needs some sprucing up. I will do that this weekend. I am not doing much there so it should be easy peasy. Happy Thanksgiving.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Well, the wine time with that smokey smell still in the air...oh my! I would have loved that. I showed my hubby how you had your art arranged on the wall. We want to do a wall of art in our home and we would love for it to look like yours! Happy Thanksgiving to you both my friend. I'll keep your friend in my prayers. Hugs, Diane

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my Linda, your idea of empty and my idea of empty are very different but love that decorations make you happy. A smoked ham sound wonderful...

MadSnapper said...

our 81 year old hubbies could be matching book ends.. what is up with them and roof tops... I am still smiling over your blank canvas... have fun and waiting to see all the decorating you do.... everything looks festive and cozy to me without another thing done..

Pondside said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda! I look forward to seeing what your house looks like this Christmas. You write posts that are so full of joy. They are a tonic!

Cranberry Morning said...

Glad that Louis Dean made it down safely from the roof! I always hate it when Mr.C is on the roof. Scary place. I love those fruit cake cookies!! Have a wonderful time decorating. I think we'll put up our front porch tree on Thanksgiving morning. Hey that's tomorrow!! Happy Thanksgiving.

Debbie said...

Wine time on the driveway, that's the best!! Happy turkey day to you and Louis Dean!!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda and Louis Dean! Many blessings on your day!

Vee said...

Ahhhh...the house is clean, the roof, too, everything smells great and you made another fine shopping trip for “debris.”

I will pray for your friend. May she live every one of her intended days in peace and comfort without pain. Hopefully, her pain will be managed far better going forward. I recently visited a friend recovering from a stroke...quite difficult to see her that way.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving in Houston!