Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Tuesday's Treasures!


Ruth Ann and I set out on our Tuesday Routine this afternoon.
I picked her up at 12:30 and we went straight to the thrift stores on Beltline.....Texas Thrift and Goodwill.....where both feature Senior Discounts of 30% off on Tuesdays!


I hit the jackpot with these vintage Franciscan Desert Rose plates!
8 dinner plates for $0.75 each!
7 salad plates and 4 small plates at $0.45 each!
Not one chip on any of them!
I already have a creamer, a large platter plus one dinner plate but never dreamt I would have the good fortune to find so many pieces all at one time!


I simply couldn't pass up this jolly jack 'o lantern!!


Another big score was this complete set of Queen size flannel sheets for right under $5!
They are in perfect condition!


Ruth Ann spotted this very stylish top the minute she walked in and graciously allowed ME to buy it!


Another cool top - brand new - with the tags still on it!


A set of 10 nice fall colored napkins went for $2.25.


4 tea towels - there's two of the orange ones - for $1.75!


Long table runner - which is already on the living room coffee table!
$1.75.....


Another long table runner for $1.75.


This sheet is a pure white - not sure why it photographed blue!


Sheets and pillowcases for Mother.
She isn't happy with the ones at the nursing home.

I dropped Ruth Ann off at her house and unloaded my treasures as soon as I got home.
The first thing I do is to take photos of everything - usually on the front porch bench.
Then I put the bedding in the washing machine and the dishes in the dishwasher to run, before
 I tucked myself into bed for a nap. I didn't even make the bed up this morning as I fully intended to return later! I slept for a little over and hour and got up at 6:00 ready to do art!


I put Christmas music on the stereo and Ruth Ann and I started our Santa paintings for this year.


We changed the palette a bit - wasn't sure that yellow sky would look good on my Santa Wall.


Our goal was to base in the canvas and we did just that!
I'm painting two of them and didn't get the Santa and sled in on the second one.
I can catch that up next week.

All in all, it's been a better day. Still feel slightly sick for some reason.....
probably still tired. That's what it feels like, anyway!
Getting out was good for me and I appreciate having Ruth Ann to go Goodwilling with me!
Otherwise I might have stayed home and still be down in the mully grubs!

It's HOT in Texas! While I meant to make hot cocoa to go with our Christmas music - we stuck with iced tea - blueberry tea!

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to resume my cleaning and decorating.
The front of the house is all done. I just need to maintain it as I start cleaning the bedrooms and bathrooms. I wonder what Louis Dean will have to say about all the fall debris I intend to use in the main bath? Perhaps he won't even notice!!

*source*

I think I'm going to make a Fall Bucket List this year.
So many times I forget the very things I had been looking forward to doing.
Only 9 more days until September FIRST!!!
I may host a ladies luncheon that day to celebrate!
It could be from 11:00 - 2:00 to accommodate my friends who work and can come on their lunch hour as well as mothers - as in Amber - who will need to leave early to do the afternoon school pickup.
I am planning on a chicken salad, cheese and crackers, a fruit tray and, of course, pumpkin spice muffins and fruitcake cookies baked fresh that morning. We will visit and listen to Neil Diamond singing September Morn - over and over again!

I sure wish I could have all of YOU here to celebrate with me!
We would have so much FUN!!

17 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Wonderful finds today - and the Franciscan Dishes - MAJOR score. Hugs.
Joy

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, you are going ALL OUT for Fall! I just brought our fall stuff up from the basement today. I will start on my kitchen sunflower arrangement tomorrow! And think of you while I do it! I love the new winter sheets! Hot here, too. 98 today.

Kathy said...

I never find such nice things in my thrift stores. I have to come to Texas with an empty suitcase and shop there! I must admit to envying your purchases just a tad. Especially the fall things. Can you imagine fall is already half off at my Rite Aid?

It is almost time for September Morn. Where did August go? You have taught me to love September 1st and I will be celebrating right along with you.

Arlene G said...

Linda I have a set of Desert Rose that I use for everyday and you did hit the jackpot with your find. I had always admired that pattern and for our 15th wedding anniversary, Marvin surprised me with this set. Love your Santa paintings!!

bj said...

While I am not in any kind of partying kind of mood right now, your luncheon sounds sooo nice. I am having fleeting thoughts of having some of my sweet girlfriends over before it gets to cold to eat outside...maybe a chicken salad, fruit tray, cheese balls...just like yours. You are always so happy and "up" and it rubs off on me. Thank you for that.

MadSnapper said...

that is a super duper deal on those dishes. wow. and a fall list is great for you since you have so much to do... glad you found sheets for your mom...

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your joy of fall is contagious! I love the fall, but so many people don't like to lose summer and can be negative about it. Your joy lets me enjoy myself too!

Great thrift store finds! That black table runner with the leaves and pumpkins is gorgeous!

LV said...

You got a real bargain on those dishes. Hard to believe you found them at a Goodwill.

Jan said...

Great finds! I love going through a thrift store, but I always want to buy everything, so I don't go often!

Hootin Anni said...

You KNOW how much I love the "Big Guy"...santas are so cool. And your paintings are always top notch fine work!!!!
I love the black table runner with the pumpkins and fall colors best. And the blue top...fantastic. I must say, if I were up there near you two, I'd be tagging along on those thrift days.

Love the plates that will match your creamer too.

PS, thanks for ordering my book Linda. Much appreciated.

Carole said...

I'm getting the spring cleaning but just as you are looking forward to fall! Cheers

Debbie said...

was a great haul and an awesome day!! i make a bucket list for every season. i print the blank one's from pinterest and fill them in myself!!

Nonnie said...

Those dishes!!!! I'm so jealous. I can't believe someone would give those up. I always wanted a set like that and for some reason I bought a different set of Franciscan stoneware. Great buys for you today.

jamarson1 said...

I can't wait to ready your fall bucket list. I'm flying into Dallas tomorrow just in time for the rain:)

Carol said...

I love the fall décor items. I want to join in our your Sept. First luncheon. What fun it would be! I love the fall bucket list idea and may have to think of one of my own.

Gypsy Heart said...

My favorite aunt had those dishes and that's just one of the many things I treasure about the memories I have. You were so fortunate to find them, no chips, etc. I am not decorating for fall here...will do some after I move. I just can't wait for cooler temps!

I so wish that you would just stop...and rest!!

xo
Pat

UplayOnline said...

I always wanted a set like that and for some reason I bought a different set of Franciscan stoneware. Great buys for you today.


หีฟิต