Thursday, August 31, 2017

September First Eve!

I don't think I have ever had more fun preparing for September First!
I think I am all ready!


Neil Diamond is sitting there just waiting for me to pop him in the DVD player in the morning.
I had a card arrive the mail yesterday and just as I turned it over to open it up -
I saw the 'Open Sept. 1!' 
I am waiting!!!
Thank you in advance, Marie!

I spent most of the day away from home.


However, I did wear my favorite Fall Shirt that my sister, Nita, gave me last year.
I wore it a LOT  and intend to wear it even MORE this year!


I smiled at the sunflowers by the front door when I left this morning!

Ruth Ann and I visited Reaoma before we had lunch - this time at the Olive Garden - where Ruth Ann ate her soup and salad like a little lady and I wolfed my down like a hired hand!


We drove to Fort Worth to see Mother.
Mother and I have hands that look just about the same age.

On our way to the nursing home, Ruth Ann and I noticed a gas station that had a line out to the street.
I thought there must be a price war on or something.

Facebook
But no, there was a panic to get gas!
On our way home we saw so many stations with lines of cars waiting to fill up and then empty stations where they had run out of gas.
Totally unnecessary.

Ruth Ann stayed with me this evening as I prepared for my first ever September First Party!
We prepped a LOT of food from fresh veggies to roll up appetizers to chicken salad to hatch chili's filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon to ....


Boozy Grapes!!!


We had so much fun!!
The vodka that was in the recipe was caramel vodka but I only had marshmallow vodka.
Trust me - it is inconsequential to the recipe really! Still - it was fun!


Well, the house is ready. The food is prepped. I have the pumpkin spice muffin fixings ready to mix and bake in the morning and the fruitcake cookie dough is out to thaw.


I'm going to run get in bed!
Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year and I want to get up early to enjoy every last minute of it!!!!


15 comments:

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Sweet dreams Mom! Can't wait to see you tomorrow on September 1st and glad to be at your first 9/1 party!

Kathy said...

The party sounds like so much fun! Happy September 1st. Your video had me laughing. Wish I could be there with you to celebrate. Maybe one year I'll show up.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You look so pretty today! It looks like your hair is shorter! The two of you were having so much fun preparing, that I cannot imagine how much more fun you will have on the first! Hmmm, now were you both tasting those Boozy Grapes? Well, someone has to test them!!

BeachGypsy said...

hELLO THERE My friend--stopped by to wish you a happy SEPTEMBER MORNING!!-- I know it's a happy and special day for you....and here I see that you are all ready! I don't know ANYBODY who loves September first like you do, so I enjoy seeing your pictures and all of how it's special and how you make it special! Everytime I hear the Neil Diamond song I now think of you, LOL did you get a fresh new haircut--it sure looks great and if you did--what perfect timing.....for a new season and everything. HAPPY SEPTEMBER MORNING MY FRIEND---it's finally here!

Linda said...

I'm wondering if you're going to be able to sleep tonight. I doubt you're this excited on Christmas Eve. One of He best things my mother gave me was her hanks. All my life people have said I have beautiful hands. I always reply they are a gift from my mother. Unfortunately I also have her hair and it's awful. Speaking of hair, yours looks so good short and today it looks especially good. Your orange tee-shirt is wonderful.

Estelle's said...

Wishing you a lovely September 1st....celebrate and enjoy your party!

Susie said...

Linda, Stay for just a while...So happy you are celebrating your favor time. I wish I could be there too. I like what Linda said in her comment about hands. My once beautiful hands are becoming aged and rough...but then I think of the beautiful babies these hands have held and then the hard work they did , and some times still do..I guess it's like getting gray hair..we earn these things. :):) Your new do is lovely. I hope you get to dance until the night becomes a brand new day. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Love you, Susie

Arlene G said...

Happy September Linda! Or as one of my friends says, Happy Pumkin Spice Day! I will not be home until next week so my decorating must wait but I did bring a few things to Grimmwood!

Nonnie said...

Linda, it seems your Neil Diamond September song seems to come closer and closer each year. Love that last pic of you. That is so cool. Happy September!

Changes in the wind said...

Love that last picture of you....Have a great Sept. 1 day.

MadSnapper said...

your day is here!!! enjoy to the max, I can see you are prepared for it... seems like you just had your day about 4 months ago, time is on fast forward. I will not show you my hands for sure. unless I photoshop the wrinkles out. I filled my tank yesterday and it cost me 30 dollars for half a tank. I fussed all day. 2.50 up from 2.19 for no reason at all.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Hurray for September 1st!

Enjoy your day!

Cheapchick said...

Enjoy your September 1. I think the day I put my Christmas tree up, usually around November 25th is my favorite day

Vee said...

Happy Very Favorite Dayof the year to you! You have me inspired to change my calendar. That's right, here it is evening and it still sits on August. You had me tricked into thinking that a lot of those grapes had gone down the hatch and I was laughing right along with you and Ruth Ann. Have fun at the party!

Carole said...

Boozy grapes! I'm looking into that! Cheers