Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday Morning Movie!





If we don't PLAN it - we'll seldom DO it!!
I'm all about planning things and 9 times out of 10 - I actually DO them!
Candie and I had planned a Movie Date weeks ago. 
She had been out of town and when she was back, I was at the ranch.
I returned and SHE left town again!
August 28th was the date we would BOTH be here so we planned a day.
The movie of our choice was The Glass Castle.
Alas, the 10:25 AM showing was no longer available.
The ONLY show time was 10:25 PM and that just would not work.
SO - when Amber suggested taking in a movie together - we were all in!
Just to make it more like a party - Ruth Ann joined us.


Amber took this photo of us with Daniel Craig and others on the poster!
She needed a diversion today since this was the very first day of  Kindergarten for the quads.

The movie showed at 10:30 and I was practically on time in picking Ruth Ann up at 9:30!
The only reason I wasn't was that - on my way to her house and just 4 blocks up my street - I spied two white wicker chairs sitting out on the curb! Now, I don't know about your neighborhood, but around here - when we want to get rid of something and think someone else might possibly be able to use it - we set it to the curb and it usually disappears really fast!! I turned my car around and went right straight back to the house where a very sleepy Louis Dean was still in his pajama pants and sipping a first cup of coffee! I told him what I had spied and could he PLEEEEEEEEZE go right down there in his big white truck and pick them up???? Like really quick before someone else took them!!!!

He said he would and I was back on my way to get Ruth Ann. Fortunately I didn't find any other worthwhile debris sitting curbside. Since I had to drive back to my neighborhood to get to the highway, I drove down the street and - oh, my! The chairs were gone! Then I went back home to tell Louis Dean not to bother going after them. To my surprise - he had already picked them up!!!
I had no idea he could move that fast!

Back to the movie - It was really clever and funny and enjoyable!
Picture Daniel Craig as a Hillbilly Redneck!!
I loved it!!

Candie, Ruth Ann and I went to lunch together after wards and a new to Ruth Ann and me place - Newk's! Great sandwiches and salads. We were so busy talking and catching up that the time flew by!
Ruth Ann and I hit up Hobby Lobby before going to the Yogurt Place to meet up with Amber and Mike and the kids.


Last year I treated them to yogurts on their first day of preschool, so, in keeping with our tradition, we had yogurt today!


They each pick out their flavors and toppings.
Only Trystan opted for a cone instead of a cup.
She said, "I do better with this!"
I put the toppings she liked on my yogurt and gave them to her after I paid so she didn't get less than the others.

The kids had a good first day of school but they were all definitely tired.

As soon as I opened the front door when I got home, I knew Louis Dean had been cooking!
He had also been shopping.


It smelled heavenly!!
AND it tasted so good!!


These are the two chairs Louis Dean rescued!
They are plenty sturdy and just need a fresh coat of white spray paint.
We are going to take them to the ranch with us next week and use them on our deck down there.
I have two big pumpkin colored cushions that will fit them perfectly!
We left them on the front porch for tonight and then Louis Dean will put them back in the truck tomorrow. I think they will be safe there -


Spiderman will keep an eye on them!!

I went to bed early last night and woke up around 4:30 this morning. 
I had been thinking and praying about all the people down in the Houston area before I went to sleep and continued in prayer every time I woke.

One particular photo stayed in my heart and mind.....

**Facebook**

At first glance I did not realize these ladies were in water up to their waists.

It was with a happy heart that I saw a follow up photo on Facebook this evening!


I'm so thankful they were air lifted to safety and are now warm and dry.

With all the bad news we hear so much of - it's comforting to know that when things get really bad - we see people helping each other.

It's still raining in Houston and will continue through tomorrow before it starts to let up.
Continuing in prayer along with so many of you.....


8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The chairs will be awesome, and you even have the right cushions!! Perfect for your "new" place at the ranch! I have not heard of this movie. How did the Quads like kindergarten? Were any of their friends in their classes? Are they all in the same class? What an exciting day! Louis Dean's meal looks delicious! It's a wonder that Spider Man didn't eat it all before you got home...

Linda said...

What a concept, early to bed, early to rise. The chairs are great and fall orange cushions will be perfect. You need to get on Instagram, Amber posts pictures of the quads there. Their picture this morning was very cute. Harrison made me laugh. Glad you're going to be getting in some more country time.

Carol said...

Those are nice chairs and I am thankful that you rescued them. That photo broke my heart too as I am sure many of them knew that they needed to leave and were unable to on their own. It's heartbreaking to see the lives of so many changed in an instant!

Arlene G said...

i saw that picture as well Linda and my heart went out to those folks. Great find on those chairs!! They will be perfect on the porch.

MadSnapper said...

yet another wonderful day with friends. the chairs look really good shape and will be like new when painted. the chair I am sitting in, in 2005 I drove to work and 4 doors down was the perfect office chair, I did the same thing, circled back and ran in the house and said go now.. I want that chair, he was rolling it down the street home as I left again for work... now I need another one, it is about worn out. I though of you this am when I went to Walmart and stood taking photos a wagon full of fall decorations in the store. you will love it

Susie said...

Oh yes Linda, I am praying for everyone there needing help. I saw that phone of the nursing home people...so scary. Thankful God sent help. I would curbside junk more if Ted would allow. LOL. I used to see a nasty recliner on the curb for about a week and I asked Ted, "Would you and Emma like that chair?" Because Emma used to make papaw scoot over for her to sit with him in his recliner. :) Sweet memories. Speaking of those....how can our baby quads be in kindergarten already. The years have flown by. If only we could slow down time. Blessings to all your way. Love you so much . xoxo, Susie

Cheapchick said...

Hubby and I went to see Lucky Logan the other night and loved it too. Great FORF find (found on road free :)) I found a storage jar and two extension cords on a dog walk this week in a free box - gotta love that. That picture of the seniors in the water was terrible, but it sounds like once they got word out help was there rather quickly.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We are praying for Houston! We have sweet friends in that area and thankfully they are fine! That photo of those ladies is just unbelievable! So thankful they were rescued from that situation!

Glad the quads had a good first day! They'll miss having naps, but will likely go to sleep quickly at night!