Sunday, February 19, 2017

San Antonio Siblings Trip! Day #3!


We enjoyed our last full day in San Antonio!
We spent the entire morning together just talking and laughing with our coffee and snacks.
Deanie wakes up first, followed by Lonnie and then Nita.
I wake up last. This morning it was 9:00.
We didn't leave the room until well after noon.
Nita and Lonnie went to the HEB Market for a few things while I dressed.
Deanie was tired so she stayed at the hotel resting while the three of us went back to Market Center to do a bit of shopping. 


Isn't Nita beautiful? She's one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life!
She is kind, sweet and tenderhearted. Nita always has a smile on her face and is a joy to be around.
I put her in a heart. It was fitting.


I put Lonnie in a bottle! It's kind of a tight squeeze but I managed to squeeze him in!!
Lonnie really is in a tight place in life.
We haven't said much about it but he has been in serious pain for over 10 years.
In 2015 he had both knees replaced and last year he was hospitalized with gallbladder issues that resulted not only in a serious infection but his blood pressure went so high we feared he would have a stroke or a heart attack. We were scared we might lose him. It was while he was in the hospital that Deanie made hotel reservations for this trip.
The knee surgery has enabled him to walk with the aid of a cane. His back, feet and hands are all crippled up with arthritis and the pain is limiting his mobility.
Deanie did a wonderful thing when she thought about renting a wheel chair for our visit here.
That made it so much easier for him!


I put myself in a frame! Nita took the photo with her camera and sent it to me.
I am in a quandary about my hair!!
I am tempted to go in and get Yulisa to cut it all off short again!
I forgot to bring a hat and one of the two clips I brought broke so I have not had a good hair day since we left Fort Worth!

We always see our own faults and shortcomings and flaws but being together as we have been this weekend, I've been reminded that LOVE doesn't see all these things. I don't see them in my siblings and they don't see them in me. 

We ate a bit of lunch and I posted the pics from above.
Then we saw this on Facebook:


Deanie doesn't like closed in places and requested I NOT mess around with any photo of her!
She didn't want a box, a heart OR even a frame!!



Everything was so festive and colorful!
San Antonio is like being at a big party!


Smiles and laughter everywhere!


Great people watching here!

As we were going to the parking garage, Nita and I popped in one more shop. Instead of wheeling Lonnie in, we parked him in the shade on the sidewalk.
This was the text we read:


We teased Lonnie about having to sit on the sidewalk to wait for us!


This truck was in the parking lot of our hotel!
I have not seen one like this before!

Once again, I managed to get a YouTube video done. It's not even a minute long but you can hear some beautiful flute music by Andean Fusion as he played down at the River Walk.




Other interesting architecture we saw this evening on our way back to the River Walk for dinner.







Deanie looks rested and we all had a good time on our last night here!


I'm not a very good driver for his wheelchair so Nita and Deanie took turns!


We went down to the river in this glass elevator at The Hard Rock Cafe.


See? It all looks like a big party!


That's where we ate tonight!


Another group shot at the end of our trip.
Joni - a very dear friend to all of us and who has been following our trip on Facebook - asked:
"Has anyone asked y'all if you're Mormons?"
It took me a minute to get it!!

Some last pics......





I took this photo as we made our way back to the car.
We have loved our time here in San Antonio!!!

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The last photo is beautiful, but my favorite has to be the beautiful video! The River Walk with the flat boats and beautiful flute music. Lonnie has the best sisters ever to help him out like his. The banners are so colorful and festive!!

Pondside said...

What lovely memories you four have been making!

Bluebird49 said...

You and your family and the photos are giving an itch to see , hear and taste the things of San Antonio. I'm so glad you still posted while you were there!

Kathy said...

I am LOVING your trip. The clip was just right to capture the sights and sounds of where you were. It's great to see all the pictures. I feel as if I have taken the trip with you. And being with your sisters and brother is the best. I also have arthritis in my hands, back, neck and knees so I know how Lonnie feels. So glad you got him a wheelchair so he wasn't in so much pain traveling around.

Vee said...

Love all the pics and the beautiful smiles! Your siblings should know that you are only bragging on them when you frame them (THAT doesn't sound right), bottle them or otherwise share them. Your love for them comes shining through these posts. It is wonderful that you have had this time together. Memory making at its finest! (Your friend's joke made me laugh!)

Arlene G said...

So glad you all had a good time....the smiles say it all. And yes Linda you are being too hard on yourself..you look great.

Susie said...

Linda, It looks like it was a fun time for all of you. I am sorry to read that Lonnie has pain. You girls and Lonnie now have some fun memories to talk over at the next family gathering. Blessings to all, love, xoxo, Susie

MadSnapper said...

I loved the music in the video.. and all the photos of you all together are wonderful.. so glad you had this time together and has so much fun doing it. sorry to hear about Lonnie's health issues. Chronic pain is horrible. he has good sisters to be out with even if he has to wait.

Carole said...

Hee hee re the Mormons - I have occasionally watched sister wives so got the joke. San Antonio looks lovely. I'll have to look up some stuff about it. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

BeachGypsy said...

So glad y'all had this family time together!! So glad you got to go on this fun trip. We enjoyed San Antonio and all the bright pretty colors and the boats going up and down the water. Fun place to visit! oh.....ps..........LOVE THAT PICTURE OF THE BRIGHT FLAGS WAVING IN THE BREEZE!!

Penny said...

Sorry to hear Lonnie is in such pain. Looks like he was well looked after by his adoring sisters all during the trip X