Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lighting Up My Life!

I LOVE little lights - fairy lights -  and have used them year round for the last 30 years. We bought a HUGE stash of them three years ago and - after using nearly every single strand - we were in the market to replenish our supply this week at the After Christmas Sales! We scored big at our one and only stop - BIG LOTS!! What a great store! I remember when it was called McFrugal's!

Louis Dean prefers colored lights which I use year round in the gazebo.....usually! He also likes the LED lights which I find too garish for my taste!


However! I took down the colored ones (since many were burned out anyway!) and strung up these.
See how different the COOL whites are from the SOFT white of the lamp?
Well, I can handle it outside......but NOT in!

We are out here with our wine while dinner finishes cooking in the oven.
I fixed Peach-Whiskey BBQ Chicken from a recipe of my daughter, Amber!
It smells delicious!
The last time we sat out here was Sunday, November 20th according to our perpetual calendar we keep
on the outside wall. I just changed it - amazed it has been so long!


The haul I made from Big Lots should last me through 2012!
I have enough for my wine light gifts as well as the decorative lights I use through out the house.
All at HALF price!!

I told Louis Dean I saved him a lot of $$!!!!
Do you think he was impressed?
I hope so!!!


12 comments:

Pondside said...

I'd just finished commenting on your last post, and then saw this one pop up...bonus!
We use fairy lights here too, on the gazebo out by the back pond. The Great Dane has been buying LEDs and like you, I find them a bit garish. I'm adjusting, but change is hard!

Deb said...

thats awesome....

Vee said...

I think I need to visit Big Lots. Yes, I see what you mean by the cool lights. (I really dislike them in car headlights.)

Bev said...

Now... Linda...what are you going to buy with all that money you saved?!....:)

darlin said...

What an awesome idea, I don't have my patio finished yet, when I do I'm going to have to put up these fairy lights... they're the mini lights are they not? What an awesome deal to get them half price, I just may have to go back out shopping again tomorrow!

Wishing you a very Happy and Blessed New Year!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh yes! The ding-dang LED lights. -sigh- I really can not stand the really-blue-white Faerie Lights. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I'm with you.

But have found some (newer maybe? since the LED reading bulbs, are getting a BIT better) which were not sooooooooooooooooo blue-white. -sigh-

I know. I love the ambiance lighting of our *old* Faerie Lights, and our old reading lights even... And little lamps, which are really just for ambiance. Loves-me-that-soft-yellow-ish-kind-of-light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should we start a Drive or something? Or a blog for we who don't want bright-blue-white-lighting? -gigggles-

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." ~Bill Vaughn

Kelly said...

I think you'll have plenty to hold you over for awhile! I agree with you about the LED lights. I'm not a fan. I love the little fairy lights though. I need to set some sometime.

Nita said...

I love half off!!! You use these all the time, you really did save some money! Good Job!

Unknown said...

I don't like the LEDs either. Too halogen-like. You're so twinkly!

Carla said...

I know what you'll do with that money you saved... You'll hit goodwill. LOL
I've collected 3 wine bottles now. Need to get the lights and greenery for decoration then I can try to make the lighted bottles. I hope anyway.

Elaine said...

Warm wishes for a Happy New Year. Elaine

Judy said...

I'm smiling about your big savings at the 'big lot' store!

Happy New Year to you and yours.