Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fun and Games and LAUGHTER!!


Saturday was a WONDERFUL day for me! Having a party is a great motivation to get my act together! I slept in.......I LOVE to sleep IN!! We tend to stay up late and no matter WHAT time I go to bed I STILL have to read a chapter or two before turning out the light! Thus, sleeping IN is perfect! I am so blessed at this time of my life when I do not have to get up and take care of a family or go to a job. My only responsibilities are taking care of Louis Dean and Lucy and myself! I digress.......BACK to the party!
I cleaned up the house, did the laundry, got dressed and popped some chili (canned) into the crock pot before leaving with Louis Dean and Summer for services at Fellowship Church in Grapevine. Great service on 'Bringing HONOR Back.' Fellowship is a really BIG church but we know when to arrive, where to park, the best place to sit and are in and out with no hassles! I have a bit of claustrophobia so we like to sit near the front on an end close to the exit. We arrived home to a warm welcome from Baby Abigail Rayne Parks, Sabrina and Alyssa, Sabrina's niece. Alyssa....and I may not be spelling her name right....is a delightful young lady! She kept us in stitches all evening long!


You know LAUGHTER is contagious, don't you???


She cracked herself up! Summer and Sabrina had given her an iPad (I THINK that's what it's called!) for Christmas. She was having so much fun with the app on it that records and distorts your voice. I was laughing along with her and then realized it had recorded MY laugh!! It was really FUNNY!!
(You had to be there......)

We had a yummy winter meal of Chili Dogs Extraordinaire! Summer had bought all these fancy hot dogs and sausages which I grilled outside on my little ceramic grill. Shredded cheese, chopped onion, dill pickle relish, Fritos, Cokes, Dr Pepper, 7 Up, TWO pots of flavored gourmet coffee, a snack mix, caramel popcorn, chocolate chip as well as shortbread cookies and of course CHILI filled us all up to the brim!

Now we were ready for the games to begin!


First one played was Chinese Checkers as requested by Alyssa. She had to get this out of the gazebo. It has been TOO cold to go out THERE lately!

I beat her by THREE moves! She is a worthy opponent.


Next game up.....SORRY!
Sabrina won that one! I did not manage to get a single pic of her!


After Sorry! we had a time out for more coffee and a little play time with the baby.....


I love how she rubs her head while she takes her bottle! Sweet thing!


Next game.....my all time favorite.....NUTS!


Summer won THAT!! Can you tell she is excited??


You can't go wrong with the old tried and true games like 'Go Fish'......

We all had a great time. Some of our friends didn't get to come and they were missed....


like my friend Candie! She fell on the ice last week and broke her ankle in several places!
Prayers for a speedy and full recovery for her!


Earlier on Saturday afternoon Louis Dean and I put up this new wall art.
This was a gift from my friend, Heather, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

The Chapman Home was INDEED filled with Love and Laughter on Saturday night!
May it always be so.
Amen!





2 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I LOVE your sign, Linda. You make everything sooooo much fun for your family. So happy for you!
xoxo
p.s. I wish I knew the rules for Nuts. How many can play? That might be a good game for the tennis girls?

Amber said...

what a fun day!!! sounds perfect!