Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Tuesday's Treasures and Don't Let the Old Man In..... and he DOESN'T!

 Louis Dean and I are still so in  love with one another - even during this present journey into dementia,  Alzheimer's and care taking.

I had my 'Well Woman' Medicare annual medical appointment on Monday with Dr. Suma Abraham.
I love that she and I have 'history' together. 
I started seeing her when she first went into practice and that's been 28 years ago.
I gave her an update on my life and told her I am still so very blessed to married to Louis Dean.
God has saved the best years of my life for the last years of my life - and as it turns out - He has done the same for her and I rejoice in that!


Louis Dean and I continue to have a wonderful life together.
Yes, there are challenges and adjustments but I am so very grateful that, for the most part, we are still living a good quality of life together!

I had a good visit and have lost 20 pounds since this time last year!
My next appointment will be easy to remember - June 3rd, 2025 at 8:45 -  exactly one year later!

I drove over to Brenda's on Tuesday afternoon to take her some seafood casserole and crack cake and we went thrifting from there.


Taco Casa for lunch between Thrift Giants - one on Irving Blvd and one on Beltline.
Neither one of us was feeling up to par but we still found a few treasures!


This was my haul!


I hung this in my sewing room - along with so many other 'bee' things!
No clue as to a honey harvest this year.
We do have bees active at the hives and harvest or not - we can feel good that we are taking care of them. As much as I want the honey - it's still important to have the bees!


I'm going to hang this sign in our foyer.....


A brand new with tags dress in a vintage style.
I will put this together with some of my other things for a cute outfit!


A pretty yellow wreath now hanging in the gazebo!

I was a little under the weather on Tuesday and ended up going to bed very early.
Thankfully I woke up feeling like my normal self today!


I took down the 'spring' table setting after the Haines were here on Sunday.
It's now dressed up for June dining!


I have had 'QUILT' on my planner day after day and finally got a good bit done on it this afternoon!
I'm so far behind on my baby quilts!
This one is for my beloved neighbor Stephanie's newest granddaughter.
She is no longer a baby but a toddler by now - that's how late I am!

Next up is a baby quilt for our great granddaughter Kaitlyn in the soon to be great great grandson!
WOW!
Then a quilt for Tray Haines son - who is also a toddler and I think I have one to sew for my niece's new baby in Kansas City!

I need to get busy!!


Louis Dean and I have been redoing our front flower bed.
Here he is planting a yellow trumpet vine where  he had dug up the honeysuckle bush - that he was meant to 'cut back.' 
***Note to self - SUPERVISE more closely!***


I need to get this shirt for Louis Dean......He is doing his very best to not let the old man in!

I have loved Toby Keith for a long time and still pray for his family.
He was a good man and it hit me hard when he died.
But God always has a plan just as he did for Nita.....
while we don't understand - we still celebrate their lives and what they mean to us.



Don't let the old man in
I wanna leave this alone
Can't leave it up to him
He's knocking on my door
And I knew all of my life
That someday it would end
Get up and go outside
Don't let the old man in
Many moons I have lived
My body's weathered and worn
Ask yourself how would you be
If you didn't know the day you were born
Try to love on your wife
And stay close to your friends
Toast each sundown with wine
Don't let the old man in
Many moons I have lived
My body's weathered and worn
Ask yourself how would you be
If you didn't know the day you were born
When he rides up on his horse
And you feel that cold bitter wind
Look out your window and smile
Don't let the old man in
Look out your window and smile
Don't let the old man in
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Toby Keith


I have never dedicated a journal entry before - but I am dedicating this one to my sweet friend Trudy!

God has knitted our souls together in love.

I love you, Trudy!

14 comments:

Rita said...

What a beautiful song.
You two are truly blessed in love. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! Love your precious heart, Linda!

Deanna Rabe

Ginny Hartzler said...

This song is beautiful! Both the tune and the words! It is also heartbreaking. I don't know anything that Toby Keith sang, I am going to look him up. I did not even know he died! I love your lovely butter yellow dress! And it is really so YOU! You are making the most of everything you have now, and living life to the fullest! Uh oh, sorry about the Honeysuckle, I love the scent. Even have some honeysuckle scented lotion.

Anonymous said...

I just read in AARP Bulletin about the drug Leqembi, which shows promise for patients with early-stage Alzheimer’s. It is administered intravenously in a doctor’s office or other outpatient setting. ( from DeeDee Clark)

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet friend, I thank you for the dedication! What a surprise that was. Through the years, we've shared so much and I know God blessed me by making sure I found this little corner of the blog world where you write.
I realized the other day that I know you just as well or better than I do my local friends! You have kept me going so many times and I so appreciate you. God knew you were the friend I needed in my life, and He always knows best! I'm so thankful for you.
I am so glad you have Louis Dean! I believe he'd do anything to please you and that is the kind of mate we want for our friends.
Have a great week!
Love, Trudy
Ps So glad your appointment went so well. Before AZO, I was so miserable, too! Thankfully my UTIs are at bay!😚

Donna said...

Our sweet doctor retired in January...we will now be seeing a young newbie. They all seem to be twelve years of age, don't they?! lol
Glad you're doing well and congratulations on the 20-pound loss! I've got 10 more to go. (or more?) lol
Love your new treasures, especially the yellow wreath. Too cute.
Tell LD hello for us! Glad he's staying busy...
hugs
Donna


Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Linda, the♥️ love that you and Louis Dean share for one another is beautiful. Congrats to you on that weight loss, which is something we are both working to accomplish before our next trip abroad. I’m sure that even though your quilts may be a little later, they will still be treasured and appreciated by the recipients as there’s nothing better than homemade.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a fun and happy post, and I never heard that song before, but I like it. You always amaze me with the things you find when you go thrifting. You must have some really good thrift stores around you! Congratulations on the good Dr. report and weight loss! That is wonderful news! Thank you for your positive spirit even in the face of sorrows and difficulties in life. You are a blessing to us.

Arlene G said...

So glad you are doing well Linda. I love the post and I love you and Louis Dean.

MadSnapper said...

I did not know Toby died, and have not heard this song. its beautiful and he was a really good singer. cute dress, be sure to take a pic when you dress it up.. glad you have your doctor for years, I wish I still had mine. yay for the 20 pounds. good job.. oops on the bush..

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda! I love that Toby Keith song - and yes, his early death was very sad. So glad that you and L.D. still enjoy each other. You sound so kind and patient with him. You Tuesday treasures are always fun. If I am every in your area, I would LOVE to go thrifting with you some day. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

Debbie said...

you said you better get busy...referring to the quilts - i have never seen a busier woman!! i liked toby keith and that was a favorite song of his!! congrats on the weight loss, i know you have worked hard and 20 pounds is quite an accomplishment!!

i still love chuck after almost 46 years...i even like him if you know what i mean!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I really loved Toby Keith too and have so much of his music to enjoy. Love catching up with you. I know you are blessed my friend! Hugs to you both, Diane

photowannabe said...

You are so very blessed my Friend. God has been good to you and LD. You are quite the pair. I do know its difficult at times but Love Wins.
Love your treasures and the quilts and those to be. They will be loved when ever they are finished. Homemade is always a treasure.
I was so sad when Toby Keith passed away, especially so young. The words to his song are touching. Get that shirt for Louis Dean...
Sue