Thursday, June 27, 2024

Country Things....

 The summer heat has hit Texas and it is HOT!!
It's still possible to  sit on the front deck early in the morning and late at night.
Sometimes we miss that morning slot by sleeping too late!

Tarzan came to visit and he was hungry!
I could tell he has lost some weight so I filled the bowl full!
It wasn't long before he was up in my lap.
I just love him! 

Yesterday we had some entertainment!

 

Sherry called and said Steve (neighbor) was bringing over a storage building that they had bought from him some time ago, She knew I would love to watch the action!

 

Here he comes!!!



I am amazed how you can move things like this.

It was fun to watch.... 


Backing it in.....

 

And unloading it to the ground!


The building has landed!

I was able to watch all the happenings from a lawn chair sitting in the shade! 

 

WITH a Billy Goat gruff to keep me company!
 

It was hot and I guess he likes salt! 


I laughed and laughed!


I stopped to see the chickies!


These are the babies I watched when they were hatching!!


Louis Dean isn't able to handle the heat like he used to do.
Two years ago he had a heat stroke and nearly died so I am keeping en eye on him.
We went to 'town' meaning Mart today - I wanted to get the truck AC coolant checked but would have had to leave the truck there and that won't work so it looks like we will be driving home very early Saturday morning to avoid the heat.

Just going on this one errand wore him out and he's been in bed all afternoon.


We drove by the place where the house Dean and Sherry bought used to sit.
No sign it was ever there!

While LD napped, I visited some of my blog sisters and caught up with a few of you!
Sorry I haven't been around much lately.
Much of my time is spent keeping Louis Dean out of trouble!
As in feeding and watering him and making sure he takes his medicine and doesn't get too hot  and helping him search for things he can't find.
He and I both can lose something holding it in our hands!

I had gone out to  the front room just as Sherry drove up with supper for us tonight!
I went to the screen door and heard a terrible racket thinking something was wrong with her truck!
I asked, "WHAT is that noise??"


Sherry said, "RAIN!!"

What a beautiful surprise blessing!!!


Complete with a full rainbow!


The food was great!!
Dean had smoked some ribs and beans and Sherry made her delicious Gouda potatoes!

We cheered right up!
Plus, Sherry changed out the AC filter in the camper and it's cooling better now.

Louis Dean is already in bed and I am about to finish tonight's journal entry and take a shower and go to bed!

Tomorrow we will spend the day cleaning, packing and preparing for an early departure Saturday morning to go back home.

Hopefully we will get to go the Antique Rose Emporium in the fall when it;s cooler.
We won't get to have dinner and homemade mojitos here with Rosey and Dean and Sherry aas we planned to do on Saturday night!

It will be easier for Louis Dean to stay safe in the heat at home than it is down here.
He does love to 'go outside and play!'

I'll close with news from our friend and neighbor, Ilene.
She has a close neighbor, Lester, in his 90's that she visits and checks on.
She took him to the ER today and he was diagnosed with Covid and an UTI.
Praying for him and for Ilene to keep her from getting sick.




12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Stay cool, Linda. Glad you had a nice visit to the country. Have a good weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

P.S. Amen to your last picture. Prayer is an awesome power!! Sending both of you love.

Ginny Hartzler said...

what is the beautiful pink bush? It looks a bit like Crepe Myrtle. You are doing such a good job of taking care of Louis Dean! Moving the storage building looks dangerous!

Arlene G said...

Linda, I do not do well in the heat either. I prefer to sit in my sewing room where it is cool. But I know LD has always been one to get er done and I imagine keeping him in check is a full time job. And the sound of rain...we had a bit here today but could use some more. I know it is almost July and it is hot here in the South but rain was a welcome relief. Thinking of you and saying a prayer...love, Arlene

Debby said...

It’s hot here too. Supposed to be 113 on the 4th! I think I’ll be sitting in a tub of ice! No we’ll drive up to the snow and spend the day.

Love the chickens and the goat! There’s just so much to love about your post, always. You do take such tender care of Louis Dean.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the heat something? We had 100+ here 2 days ago, and it has cooled a bit since. Our air conditioner couldn't "take the heat", and we had to have it worked on. We had to wait from Thursday night til Monday for them to come fix it, and thankfully we didn't have to get another ew one. ( We just got this last year!) Since we got too hot, neither of us has really felt too well. I declare, when I was a child, we had no fan, nor AC, and I remember Mama having sandwiches some nights for supper, but I just don't remember it getting up in the 100s then!
I'm sorry it's too hot for youall to carry on with your plans. I know you would have enjoyed the get-together Sat. night with friends, but I know Louis Dean needs to take care since the heat stroke!
Glad you got to spend a few days at the ranch. Enjoyed your post, as always, and loved seeing the chickens, goats and of course, the cat. I would really love having one here, but can't chase after one nor take a chance of stumbling over one under my feet. (Ed, either. He gets off a balance very easily nowadays. Ed, Jr. said, " Mama, you just sit whenever you can, Daddy falls enough for you both right now!")
Sending our love to you both. Hope you have a good weekend.
You always manage to bring the best out in LD! You are so lucky to have found one another!❤❤ Happy Anniversary.

Love Trudy

MadSnapper said...

every time we had rain over the past two weeks, I spent the entire time hanging at the windows and even opening the front door to hear the blessed rain. I did not even mind the boomers because it war raining with them... walking outside is just like going in a sauna at a gym... moving is hard to do, when a person goes in a sauna they just sit there.. even in the AC, housework makes me so hot I have to stop.. I want a goat to lick me and Tarzan in my lap... all the things you do at the farm are not easy to do in the heat.. takes the joy out. I know you are totally exhausted keeping up with LD and your own self.. feeling your pain/exhaustion... Bob doesn't sleep well at night, so far it doesn't effect me but it makes him even grumpier.. love you Linda and prayers going up for both of us and hubbies

Changes in the wind said...

I so admire your patience with Ld and wish you safe travels home.

Deanna Rabe said...

I love how you care for LD. Thinking of what is best for him. Knowing the things that bring him joy, his music, puttering, working outside. You set a very good example for those of use who aren't walking through this situation yet. You're an excellent wife.

I loved hearing the peacocks in the background of the video!

Many blessings friend!

photowannabe said...

I just love how you take such gentle care of your precious husband. It truly is a lot of work to care for ourselves, love ones and everything that makes our world go round.
I hope you can stay cool and LD won't have any ill effects from the heat. Do what you can and the rest will still be there for later.
Hugs and a safe trip home.
Love your updates.
Sue

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I don't handle the heat well at all either.
The pictures of the goat licking your leg gave me a chuckle.
Just said a little prayer for Lester.
Stay cool.

Donna said...

Sounds like LD is getting some good rest...And Wow! Rain?? Wonderful.
Safe trip!
hugs
Donna