Sunday, June 2, 2024

Home Again! Home Again!

 We left Branson mid morning on Wednesday!
It had been a wonderful 5 days and we loved every minute!

Sunday night group pic aboard the Branson Belle.


Keith Allynn as Neil Diamond on Monday night!
So good....SO good.....SO GOOD!!!!


It was a smooth trip home and a scenic one at that!

Three hours from home I got news that our power was on!!!!
By the time we arrived at 8:00 - the house was cool and all was well!!
A huge thank you to Billy and Brenda for this amazing trip!!!


While it's good to get out and go places and see things.....it's always good to come home!


And Thursday was the perfect day to do so!


It was chilly and dark and rainy all day long!

Every time the rain let up - we would go outside and pull weeds!


We are working hard at getting and keeping the flower beds in shape this year!
Last year we got behind and never caught up!


We didn't lose any of our freezer food but the fridge was a different story!
Fortunately our loss was the possum's gain! 


It pained me to put a full slab of bacon out but I'm happy this little guy or gal ate it!


Or at least some of it!


By morning it was all gone!
I do believe we have a family of possums living beneath our kitchen deck!

Thursday we were ready to get up and out and our first stop -


Lovely Nails!
Louis Dean enjoys all the pampering!
He got his toes  AND his fingers done!!
I only had a pedicure since I am wearing either 'press on' or glue on nails now.


Next up - ALDI!
We restocked the fridge!

Summer was here while we were in Branson and she went home to Arkansas as we were driving back to Irving. She sent me a pic of Samantha showing 'Proof of Life!' but Tabitha kept a low profile and seldom showed herself.


She really and truly missed us and slept not only ON our bed the first night home but even between us! That was a first!!!

Friday was another stay at home and work in the yard and house kind of day - I love thee!

Saturday evening we gathered with all the Bells at Texas Roadhouse - Table for 10!


We celebrated Trystan, Kailey, Harrison and Logan's 12th birthday as a family.
Amber had already thrown them great birthday parties with their friends!
A scavenger hunt in a fancy mall for the girls and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory followed by a sleepover. For Hrrison and his buddies it was Paintball and 'guy' stuff!


This is my favorite pic of the entire night!!!


I love that they enjoy the extra personal notes I write in each of their cards


Harrison actually keeps cards!

Back before Amber had children, we were talking about how she would discipline them.
She said she would be one of those moms where she only has to lift one eyebrow!
I remember laughing and saying, "What if he or she can  lift theirs right back??" 


Come to find out that in real life - they ALL can lift their eyebrows!


Kailey can't lift hers if she is smiling but Logan can!

What a fun evening with all these Bells!!!

Today (Sunday) was a special day as we had Tim and Becca Haines over for lunch along with Tim's daughter, Nicole aka 'Squirrel!'


I've know Nicole all of her nearly 15 years!
Tim used to live across the street from us and he and his family have been so special to us.
Louis Dean and I have prayed for Tim for years as he has faced  family changes and challenges and trials. He now has a personal relationship with the Lord and recently married a beautiful Christian lady and it is such a joy to spend time with them.


We've been trying to get together since February!
I set the table up in March with a spring theme of roses and bunnies and Louis Dean went in and spruced up the place settings while I cooked and baked the meal.

I had put out appetizers and I'm glad I did as the main dish was still in the oven when they arrived at 2:00.


Salad.....


.........and seafood pasta dish!


Becca is as beautiful inside as she is out and I have loved Tim for many many years and am so happy for him in finding such a lovely and godly soulmate.


The first time Nicole came to visit she was in a baby carrier!
We used to have tea parties and do crafts together along with her brother Tray.
At  Halloween, Louis Dean would read Ghost Eye Tree to them and at Christmas he would read How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We still have the dog Max they gifted us one year.
Tray now has a young son for whom I will be sewing a denim quilt soon.
Perhaps someday Louis Dean will read these same books to Tray and Nicole's children!


We closed out our visit with some singing and music.
Nicole remembers him singing when she was a little girl!

What a wonderful weekend we've had - celebrations with friends and family!
It doesn't get any better than this!
\

Good advice!
Thanks, Dawn, for sharing this on Facebook!


12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. You and LD are always on the go and having fun! I love the quote at the end and I will tell you that I admire YOU for your love of life, family, friends, God and all things good! I hope that you and LD have a great week!

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I'll always "admire louder" now on your advice!
Love you! Trudy

Ginny Hartzler said...

The last quote is wonderful advice! Wow, you have been having a ball. The Bell's eyebrow pics are so funny! And the little possum is so cute. Maybe you will see the babies one day.

MadSnapper said...

I agree, if we see something positive we should always share it with that person. Bob can't kneel to pull weeds, can barely stand without falling. LD is blessed he is able to do all his things he loves to do.. Bob has never been away from home in our 40 years, more than 2 nights in a row and that was hard to get him to do.. Happy belated birthday to the quads and I just tried to lift one brow and cannot, both go up when I try. should I practice? ha ha... the new couple look precious together and oh so happy. God's blessing on them.

Deanna Rabe said...

Ah, so glad you only lost a bit of stuff in the fridge! I feel like I am celebrating right along with all the Bells! I remember all those sweet sleepovers and days with you and Louis Dean before they started school!
My Tim can raise his eyebrow and some of our kids, but not me! I loved that.

I agree with your last quote and so I will say to you hear that you are an amazing person. Loving, warm, kind. A friend to all!

photowannabe said...

Linda, I love the positiveness of your blog. You always make me feel good.
Love the Quads birthday and all the fun things you do together.
I wish i liked pedicures..I could sure use one but me and feet don't get along to well..(:0)
So glad your power is back on. sorry you lost the fridge stuff though.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Gosh, this was all so wonderful! Loved hearing about the trip, the family, and seeing all the great pictures, especially of the Bell Quads on their birthday! What a joyous blessing! That possum thought he'd died and gone to heaven, I bet! LOL. Sorry you lost food from the freezer, but your loss was his gain. Glad you are back home and back to "normal", whatever that is! Blessings abound!

Anonymous said...

P.s.Where have you been hiding that nice -looking,young man, Tim?? 🤗 😊 ( Please tell him I am not a "cougar" -- just a great grandmother!) What a nice smile he has! You certainly had some nice looking people around your lovely table on that occasion.
Love, Trudy

Anonymous said...

Oops I just read Tim's got a beautiful wife! Good for him...and her!😍😘

Donna said...

Glad you enjoyed the trip!
Birthday greetings to the Quads...
I'm also working on our backyard...messy!
Cute possum...and food loss! Never fun!
hugs
Donna

photowannabe said...

I sure don't know where my comments are going but here's another try!!
What a wonderful birthday party for those Quads. 12 years old...how can that be?? They are such wonderful kids. You certainly can be proud.
I like the last quote about never admire quietly. To see someone's face light up is thanks enough for me.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Welcome home, Linda, and you surely had a wonderful trip to Branson, but truly there is no place like home! Looks like you have had a lot of celebrations and get togethers since your return and all joyous times, especially the birthday get together and meet ups with friends. While losing the food in the fridge was unfortunate, the animals were thankful and well fed.