Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Our First Fireplace of the Season, Tuesday Treasures and Mr. and Mrs. Claus!

 I have been longing for chilly fall weather and it finally arrived!!!
Sunday night we slept with the back door open and the attic fan on - pulling all that delicious cold air right into our bedroom where we were snuggled under warm blankets!


We celebrated the cool weather with our first fireplace of the season!


I was so happy I nearly cried!!!
I LOVE the sound of the logs crackling and snapping!
It was everything I had been hoping for in that very first fire!!

And we are sleeping like babies with the attic fan on!

My car is still in the shop so I drove the big white truck to meet up with Brenda for a visit and late lunch at Chick Fil-A.

We only shopped Texas Thrift!


Brenda found this gorgeous Chico's top and it will make a perfect Christmas outfit paired with a nice black pants and the Chico jacket I got last week - and Brenda found that one, too!
I found the necklace all my myself!


A new makeup case and slippers....




A big bunch of fall flowers that I plunked down in a basket out in the gazebo!
I also bought a white lace trimmed twin sheet to use as a backing for a quilt for a baby girl.

I picked up a few groceries at Aldi's before going home and Louis Dean was so happy to see his truck that he came out to greet me!

We have been having TV problems lately - as in accessing our Spectrum features.
When the Cowboys played Monday night - we were able to watch it but couldn't pause the game or fast forward.


Billy and Brenda came over later Tuesday afternoon to check it out for us!
Billy is so good at technology and he found the problem.
Apparently the Spectrum remote had been deprogramed - most likely by pushing too many buttons.
Billy was able to figure it out and show me how to fix this if it happens again!

Thank you, Billy!!

I've been cooking more lately and meant to make these BBQ wings for Sunday night while we  watched the Dallas Cowboys play....but I didn't get the chicken out of the freezer in time.


It needed 8 hours to marinate so we had them last night!


It was an orange meal - the wings, baked beans and acorn squash - all orange in color!


The Cowboys game was so good, Louis Dean wanted to watch it again - complete with commercials!

I close tonight's journal entry with my Santa painting for 2023.


I was so close to overworking it that I just had to stop before I messed it up.

I read somewhere that a good artist stops one stroke before you think you're finished!
I have truly enjoyed painting this!

I meant to go to bed much earlier this evening but that isn't happening.
My alarm is set for 5:00 in the morning as Louis Dean has to be at the cardiologist appointment for 7:45! That is EARLY!
















14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your new red top! Your slippers look like they have never been worn. Sounds like you are in heaven with the chilly weather and the fire!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. Your painting is beautiful and radiates LOVE.

Granny Marigold said...

It's lovely having a knowledgeable techy friend to help when things need fixing.
Your new red top will be perfect for Christmas and any other time too. Looks great with that necklace.
I hope the appt with the cardiologist goes well.
Granny M

MadSnapper said...

all of or appts are as early as they can make them, only one doctor, bob's primary has 7 am appts. all others don't start until 8 or some 8:30. so glad you got the remote re programmed. pushing the wrong button with these new SMART tv's can cause havoc for sure. hope all goes well with the early appt

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love that Mr. and Mrs. Santa painting so much! It is perfect!!! And that first crackling fire is so wonderful, isn't it? We don't have a real fireplace, so I have to be content with our little electric one, but I still get a thrill from it as well. Love the pictures of everything, and all the neat goodies you found out thrifting. You sure have a good eye for that!! I hope you have a lovely, cool, enjoyable fall day!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes to the crackling fire! Your thankfulness for the simple things in life is contagious. I seriously adore the Santa and Mrs. Claus, I don't know much about art, my measure is this: if I want to keep looking at it, it's good, and this magnetizes. Excellent. I am going to try those wings, too...thank you for your blog, love seeing your thrifting finds too...have a really good day!

Jan said...

The Mr. and Mrs. Santa painting is beautiful! It is wonderful to have these cool nights-if our fireplace was more than just for show, we would use it more often. We'd really like a wood burning stove like we had in New Mexico, but it would mean tearing out our fireplace and chimney and rebuilding it. Nope-we're too old for that!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I try to only have afternoon doctor appointments because I'm so slow in the morning. It takes a while for me to get moving. Love the painting you did. It's very good. You succeed in giving it just the right amount of paint. Hope your appointment goes well and there are no problems. Take care and enjoy the fall weather.

photowannabe said...

Oh Linda, your painting is fabulous. It's a story in one picture. I love it and it really is finished!!
Hope the Dr. apt. went well today and your sweet Louis Dean gets a good report.
Love your Christmas blouse too. You look great in red.
Sue

Rita said...

Love your Santa painting!
You always seem to have the best luck with thrifting!
Hope the checkup went well. :)

Susie said...

Linda, Sending hugs to you and LD. Seeing your fire made me think back to when Ted would make a fire and get the house warm and toasty. It's been a chilly wet day here and I would love a nice fireplace to take the chill off. Your painting is so nice. Blessings to all of you. xoxo, love , Susie

Donna said...

Love your finds at the thrift store! And I wish sometimes that we hadn't put in a gas stove in our fireplace, but we got so tired of the mess the ash makes. Your's is so pretty.
I need to get a new motor for our attic fan... it's getting slower and slower.
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

Love the painting prayers Brenda

Wanda said...

The crackle of a fireplace is such a wonderful sound! Thanks for the video.
The Santa painting is so beautiful and itimate! You captures such gentle but deeply strong feelings. The only thing it needs is a place on your wall!!

Early Doctors appointment are hard. Since ours are on taking LA freeways, we try to get them at 10:30 or 11 to miss the commuter trafic. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Then we just leave earlier!

Your "orange" dinner looked delicious.

Love all your thrift shop finds. What a great idear to back a baby quilt with a lace white sheet.

But then only you are that creative!!

Love and Hugs