Sunday, September 24, 2017

Celebrating 69 Years! No News From Summer Yet....

I t has been a good birthday! Any birthday is a GOOD birthday!

I enjoyed every single one of the birthday wishes I received on Facebook!
Throughout the day, I would come back in and scroll through them and smile.
It really made this birthday easier.
I say easier because the last time I talked to Summer on Saturday afternoon, she said she would call me once they were ON a plane coming home.
I haven't heard from her since.
I KNOW there's no cell phone reception in nearly all of Puerto Rico outside of San Juan.
I KNOW they are doing everything they can to get off the island.
Still, my heart is aching and my stomach has a knot in it.
My mind is cloudy and I can't concentrate.


Louis Dean has spent this last day here at the ranch working on the bathroom.
He got two walls up and will be ready to finish up the plumbing on our return next month.


He is a steady worker and loves projects.
It bothers him that he is slower than he used to be but I tell him he is STEADY!
By this time next year, he will be working on a green house and other projects.


I made a big dinner of chicken, cheese potatoes and green beans with bread sticks from Pizza Pro here in Mart. We tend to eat one big meal a day and a couple of snacks.

Our movie of the day was.....


I LOVED the music!
While I have seen this film many times, I always enjoy it!


I have tried to stay busy to keep my mind from worrying.
At times I felt a bit like this t-shirt saying!


I spent this day last year with Summer.
Bless her heart!
And she does have one of the biggest, most generous hearts of anyone I know!

Louis Dean and I just came in so I could 'write my words' as we call it.

Source

I saw a shooting star!!! 
It was like God's birthday gift to me!
I told my sisters about it and Nita said, "God is especially fond of you!"



And he is especially fond of Summer!!
Hoping and praying I hear from her tomorrow that she is on her way home.....

17 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love what Nita said!

Linda said...

Here's hoping for tomorrow, just knowing she's safely out of PR will be a big comfort. I hope she will soon be back in Texas.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We are the same age! I KNOW summer is fine, it's just hard to get to a working phone. I was thinking that as soon as you are done with the room, Louis Dean will need something to do, he likes to work! A greenhouse will be perfect! Again, HAPPY HAPPY Birthday, Linda!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you so much for praying for me and thinking of me! Everyone's prayers worked! I am better, and it did not turn out to be the dreaded diverticulitis! NO E.R.!

Kathy said...

Happy birthday, Linda! I know this may not have been the best birthday you ever celebrated, but I also know Summer is safe and just can't get phone service to call you. Remember that God has her in His hands and she will soon be home with you.

LD is a wonder. Every time Joe and I look at your pictures we say, "He's building a house at his age!" and marvel at all he can do. Next thing you know he will have a whole little compound built for you.

Estelle's said...

I simply love hearing you had a good birthday..what a darling little camper wish...I feel Summer will be ok...flying home safely...happy birthday...and many more!

Susie said...

Linda, I know you won't truly relax till you know for sure that Summer is safe out of Porto Rico. I am so glad that you did have happy birthday, with plenty of good wishes. Your sister said the perfect thing. Wow a shooting star for your birthday. Blessings to two of the hardest working people I know. xoxo,love, Susie

Arlene G said...

So glad you are able to keep us informed Linda. I know it is hard to be out of touch. Glad you enjoyed your birthday. I agree with LD...it is hard slowing down. I like what you told him...you are steady. That is something I need to remember. What are we all rushing about for? Safe travels back home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday! How wonderful to have a birthday star, specially for you. What a sight that must of been. Like your Louis Dean, I like to think I'm sure and steady like the turtle that wins the race. I'm not as fast acting as I used to be but better in other ways. Hope your Summer will soon be home.

Changes in the wind said...

That dinner looks wonderful! Hope you hear something soon that that they are on their way.

ellen b. said...

Keep celebrating that birthday...it deserves a month. Hoping along with you that Summer is on a plane.

MadSnapper said...

Praying now that you will hear from her today, please Lord find a way for Summer to contact her mom... and bring them safely home. love the cotton pickin shirt.. he he he... hang in there, we are all praying and waiting with you

Jan said...

Happy Birthday! Praying that Summer and family will be able to leave Puerto Rico quickly and that you will hear from her soon!

Vee said...

Happy Belated Birthday🎈

Love that t-shirt and it sure seems to apply to lots of folks these days. I'm sure you've heard about the Hobby Lobby brouhaha. I think I need some cotton bolls to decorate with myself. Then there's my football team behaving like fools. I think I will have to switch to your team! ☺️

There's much to be said for "steady." God is taking care of everything and every little thing is going to be okay.

Judy said...

Glad to hear your birthday was 'good' despite the knot in your stomach. Hoping and praying that Summer is on that plane...soon!

Aloha Acres said...

Happy Birthday to you. Praying that Summer and family are back home safe very soon. I can't imagine your emotions as you wait.

Carol said...

I am glad you had a good birthday! Tell Louis Dean that I still believe that he works harder than most these days. He is one busy man with his projects!

I recently read The Shack and must say that I loved it!!