Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finding Comfort....

I have spent this day mostly resting or puttering around the house....not really sick enough to STAY in bed but not well enough to tackle much either! I raised two sets of children 19 years apart and as long as I live I will NEVER take for granted being able to just go to bed when I am not feeling well. This afternoon I darkened my bedroom, got out the Vick's Vapor Rub and Ben Gay, lit a fragrant candle and sipped a cup of hot Cold Season tea. All of THAT should definitely clear my head! I then snuggled down under the sheets and comforter for a good read. Sheer bliss! As a mom you learn to push through illness and keep on keeping on regardless of how badly you feel. I occasionally wish I had my child raising years back...I did so enjoy being a mother....but today I was grateful for an empty nest and being able to just sink back against the pillows and BE! Hopefully I will be better tomorrow......Louis Dean misses me when I am ill! I think I have spoiled him! At least he can fend for himself......for a little while anyway!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Just the picture looks comforting. Hoped it help you feel better!

Unknown said...

Amber is right - that picture makes me feel good just looking at it! Hope you're feeling better.

Linda said...

This reminds me of the time YOU were ill in Aberdeen, Amber. I recall you doing much the same. I AM feeling better...just not GOOD...yet!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Linda,
Thanks for keeping us posted on how you are feeling. Seems you are doing alittle better :) Hopefully, tomorrow will be better than today!

Unknown said...

Linda, I hope you are feeling better.
I was fixing little errors in my blog, like my email address and noticed your comment.
You mentioned borders around my pictures ? Well, you have that too on your blog. Go up into Advanced setting under the New Designer and there you can scroll down and find it. It is good, also for putting it around your header.
If I have confused you, your daughter should be able to explain it to you easily.
Now the fancy frames, etc, I use Picnik -- love that site !
Get well, Connie

If you go down to your Facebook,or post and Comments, you can see a faint border. Well, you can size them, also. ttys...........

Linda said...

This is so true. Between children and work, being able to go to bed when you need to is the greatest bliss I can imagine.

Nice to meet another Linda!