Our week at the beach was absolutely wonderful!
The house had such a great view and accommodated us very well.
We all spent some quality time out on the balcony deck.
We had beach days as well as gourmet meals.
We played games - including NUTS!
Ileen entertained two of her dear friends, Jamie and Ruth, who live in the Houston area.
We all played Marvel and talked and laughed together!
Louis Dean had a good time despite saying he is not a fan of the beach.
He also said, "But I love the lady with me who DOES!"
We all left for home by 11:00 Saturday morning.
Louis Dean and I decided to shop the local Goodwill - it's a tradition!
I don't think I've ever been to Galveston without doing some thrifting.
Back in 2015, my friend, Jutta, from Finland flew into Houston and stayed in Galveston for a few days before I drove down to meet her at Casa Del Mar....
We had been friends through my blog for years but this was the first time we had actually met.
She and I shopped Goodwill that trip as well as enjoyed a trip to Murdocks...
Of course, I took her to Benno's on the Beach!
Nita and Mike hosted Thanksgiving that year and I introduced Jutta to my family!
Jutta visited Galveston again in 2018...
I drove down and stayed a few days and we walked the beach together.
Once again, we drove back to Irving and nearly ran out of gas on the way!
I hosted a Christmas Tea and she met more of my friends and family.
Everyone loved her and she loved them back!
She and I are kindred spirits and spiritual sisters, as well.
She and Louis Dean have a favorite song -
And they sang it together all the way to the DFW International Airport!
We haven't seen each other since but we visit daily on Messenger and talk on the phone often and we look forward to my visit to Finland in the future. And maybe we will meet in Puerto Rico someday.
Well, that was my walk down Memory Lane.....
I have been going to Galveston since the early '70's....
So back to my journal entry.....
Before we left the island I decided to visit Murdocks!
Louis Dean opted to stay in the car while I walked around the store - without buying one single thing!
I just sat in one of the rocking chairs and watched and listened to the waves and seagulls....
Bliss!
Then I started the drive home.
I stopped to get a Spiced Pumpkin Cappuccino and bought this Pumpkin Brulee Coffee.
I put on Amazon Music playlists of classical country songs and Louis Dean stayed entertained as we listened and sometimes sang our way home.
We arrived in our driveway just as it was turning dark!
Win! WIN!!!
We both slept SO well!
I think it's always good to get home and sleep in our own beds.
Having fun takes a good amount of energy so it will be Rest and Recover for us this week.
We watched the Cowboys game at noon and it was a great game from start to finish!
I may have yelled so loudly that I started coughing again!
It was an edge of your seat game right until the last few seconds!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment