Our kitties missed us while we were at the beach and were confined inside the house!
They were so excited to get outside!
This is Tabitha...
...and Samantha!
She is more of a predator and loves to try to sneak up on geckos, bugs, birds and squirrels.
Loads of birds find shelter in the trumpet vines and I walked under the arbor so the birds would fly away and escape. She also catches mice and plays with them like they are toys!
We start every morning with coffee and devotions on the kitchen deck and we watch the birds, clouds, sky and surroundings. We love our property and have several 'sitting' places all around the front and back yard as well as the driveway.
Louis Dean was so excited when we received Return to the Shack the other day.
The Shack is and was his favorite book!
After I do my prayer time and Bible reading, my devotional books and writing in my diary - I then read a chapter out loud to Louis Dean.
Tuesdays are my favorite and I met up with Brenda at Texas Thrift after which we ate lunch at Chick Fil-A....
This trip Louis Dean ended up with more things than I did!
He loves metal cups and I love the ones with lids as it helps to curb spills of both coffee and wine.
I am upgrading his wardrobe and bought seven Western snap shirts for him.
He and I went through his closet and he is loving his new clothes.
I also bought him new socks - as a dozen or so - when we were in Galveston.
After we got home, I ordered him a dozen white V-necked t-shirts.
I told him he is getting a make-over....
Brand new fall spatulas.
Brenda got to Texas Thrift before I did and she met me at the door with things she knew I would love.
Chico's super elegant black top that is a classic!
Brand new white T - perfect for fall.
Brenda knew the Bell grandgirls hockey team colors are green and white and I will be wearing this one to one of their games soon!
I am a sucker for 'doilies' and I LOVE this one!!
I am so blessed to have Brenda as my best friend AND she's a gifted personal shopper!
Sherry normally works from home but she is here this week because they are doing some training here in the Irving office.
Last night we ate dinner together along with Ileen outside on the driveway.
Why is it that food always taste better when you dine alfresco?
This morning Louis Dean ate his huge bowl of cereal out on the kitchen deck!
There's a bit of yellow around here now.
That's a cottonwood in the yard behind ours and what we call a yellow trumpet vine that is stretching up over the house!
Our neighbor, Stephanie, cooked last night and then they left town for the weekend and she had a lot of leftovers, which she offered to us!
Win! WIN!!!
I've been determined to maintain my relaxed and peaceful mindset.
Working with issues about taking care of myself and not overextending myself.
My primary goal is taking care of Louis Dean AND myself.
At 78, I am amazed that I'm still learning how to do Life!
Perhaps because it keeps changing just when we seem to be getting our bearings!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment