Tuesday, March 26, 2024

A String of Sick Days and Tuesday Treasures!

Louis Dean and I have been in bed for nearly a week!
It started on our way back to Texas from New Mexico - we drove through a lot of mountain cedar and our allergies grew worse day by day.


 After my colonoscopy, I felt like doing a few chores here and there.
Our  medicine closet was a mess and I threw literally half of the stuff away and then we proceeded to use the Vicks and other remedies as our allergies continued to worsen.


We stayed hydrated and swabbed with Vicks Vapor Rub, sucked on cough drops and used up a good supply of tissues. I haven't been this sick in such a long time!

Most of the last 5-6 days I have spent the better part of 24 hours in bed and so has Louis Dean.
Our symptoms - Louis Dean and mine - were the same. 
Copious clear sinus drainage, coughing, and feeling miserable.
No fever and oxygen levels good.

I admit I started to get a bit depressed. 
We just weren't getting better.


Louis Dean would rally round and spend some time in his music room - armed with his Gorilla Glue and a repair project before going back to the guest room to nap.
We spent day after day in sick mode,


 Sunday I was feeling especially needy and that morning I took a cup of coffee out to the kitchen garden  and lo, and behold, I found my very first sunflower of 2024!
I accidently tore off one of the petals - but  it is my special sunflower of the year!

I admit to being weary and was feeling seriously depressed by so many days of being sick,

Monday night I received a text from Logan saying she was praying for us and hoped we would be better soon.

During the early hours of Tuesday morning, I woke up and I could tell I was better!
I could breathe and I wasn't coughing  and knew I was on the mend!

I was excited to be  BACK!!!

Earlier  Monday night I texted Brenda that I  could not go  for our Tuesday Treasures ....
however  - 
I was thrilled to be back to a little bit more of myself.

These are my Tuesday  Treasures!


Brenda and I shopped at two Texas Thrift stores....
one on Irving Blvd and the other on Beltline Road.


It is such fun to find treasures!


Louis Dean loves thus brand new pair of shoes!!!


I am so happy to be be feeling better and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.



 

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so happy to read that you are better! What about Louis Dean? I have seen NO sunflowers here! They usually don't start blooming till much later in the summer. My favorite of your treasures is the cute little white table!

MadSnapper said...

your description sounds like long Covid, I have had two friends here that had it, and felt like you did and it lasted 2 weeks, one went 3 weeks. did you test for Covid? I am so glad its better and your are back to normal.. I hope I am not getting it.
I got up this morning feeling like I am dragging a 100 pounds weight behind me. I have allergies year round, and they have been horrible the past 2 weeks, headaches and sneezing and clear drainage. today is different, this feels like I don't want to move and I tried to watch a movie while bob was at the Y pool and could not focus on it so turned it off. I am able to read your blog and answer so I must not be dying!!! ha ha

Changes in the wind said...

So sorry you both have been sick but happy to know you are better.

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad you are feeling better. That’s a long time. That pretty sunflower was a treat. ❤️

salemslot9 said...

🌻🌻🌻hiya!🌻🌻🌻

Luann said...

I know that was rough on you. Glad you got some good rest though as that is always needed. Great finds on your Tues Treasure day. Lots of beautiful blue. makes me want to go to the beach! It will be time to do so before we know it. Praying for both of you a full recovery.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Here's hoping the worst is over and you continue feeling well! So glad you finally started feeling bette and could get out for your treasures ! MY sinus have been going crazy with the roller coaster weather we've been having. One day hot warmer the next cold, then rain and cooder again. Take good care!

photowannabe said...

So glad you are feeling better...just take it easy.
Love your treasures and how you always find the best things.
Snazzy shoes for Louis Dean too.
I do love sunflowers they make me feel happy.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, I was afraid you or LD might be sick when you had not posted for a while. So glad you are getting better. I never had allergies till I moved back to town. I hate them. I take a tablet everyday and yet still get drainage that makes my throat dry and I cough. My Dr told me last year it was allergies. I asked him," how do you know?" He said, "hey I did not sleep thru all my classes." Wise guy. He said , "if you cough, sneeze, or blow out mucus and it is clear, it's allergies." Bummer, I have allergies. Take care , get well. Blessings, xoxo,love you guys, Susie

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh no, sorry you were both sick, but glad you are feeling better now. Hope Louis Dean is as well.
I think the Lord sent you that beautiful sunflower to encourage you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I am so glad that you are feeling better. See you again soon!

Rita said...

That sounds like this weird cold thing going around--not covid and not the flu, etc. Just a cold/cough. But it might not go away as fast as you think, just saying. I really, really hope you don't have the lingering one people are getting. I hope you are both all better quickly.

Donna said...

I am so glad you both are feeling better! It's not fun!
Love the treasures...and those shoes look perfect for LD...
Keep getting better!
Happy Easter!
hugs
Donna