Monday, September 18, 2023

Weekend Things and Monday Pre Op!

Saturday was a stay-at-home day and I cleaned the guest room and our bedroom.

I lost my wedding band back in August and I finally  found it!


It had stuck under a rug and when I pulled EVERYTHING up looking for it -it must have been stuck fast! I lifted the rug up on Saturday and there it was!!!
Made my day!!!
I was so HAPPY!


I did a good bit of art on Saturday - jazzing up the painted canvas I bought at the thrift store a few weeks ago.


And I freshened up this painting on a slab of slate.

I admit I am a little on the stressful side and the way I can tell is that I am determined to get something DONE! Cleaned, finished, read. whatever - just get something DONE!

It's still too hot to work in the yard so I did housework and art instead.

Sunday the Bell Girls had their first hockey game of the season and so I watched Jimmy Evans preach online from Fellowship Church at 9:30 so we could make it to their game by 11:15.

Amber had been up long before daylight taking Harrison to his lesson and game while Mike took the girls. They make a good team and divide and conquer when necessary!


We got there EARLY! I KNOW! So not me but I wanted to let them know we were there to watch them!


Kailey is #91, Trystan #13 and Logan #12.
I was so impressed by how well they played - really giving their ALL!


We sat high up in the stands where we could see them!

 - 
The teams were pretty well matched but we won 5-2.

Over the summer, we had Harrison, Trystan and Logan over one at a time for a one on one visit.
The heat of the summer and Life delayed Kailey getting her visit with us so Sunday we did a mini version and will do an overnight as soon as it's possible.

She is just adorable and did not ask to come over until she asked if we had plans.
I said, "YES! We are going to Trader Joe's! I haven't been there in ages!"
It worked out perfectly for her to come with us and she and I shopped while Granddad sat in the car.
He has the patience of Job and can entertain himself no matter where he is.
I told Kailey as we walked in that she should ASK anytime she wants to because I can nearly always change my plans!


Kailey took my phone and snapped lots of pictures!
Trader Joe's is a ZOO on Sunday and we loved it!!!!
I went up and down every single isle.
At one point Kailey videoed me and when I watched it late last night - guess what I saw?
My MOTHER!!
I will be 75 on Sunday and I know now that I officially have the 'old lady walk.'


Mind you, I am NOT complaining!
SO I am celebrating it and I bought a few bottles of wine to fill up my empty wine holder.


Louis Dean had his heart set on Hot Wings and I was super glad to see they had some! I bought two packages! Kailey wanted these burritos - we bought three!
I chose the Garlic and Asiago Cheese dip along with a bag of autumn shaped tortilla chips!
Did you know Trader Joe's has dried crispy Jalapeño pieces much like French's crispy fried onions? 
SO good and will be great on taco salads and taco soup and so much more!

We got home and between Kailey and myself - we got the appetizers out and the food ready.
The Cowboys played at 3:25 so we were a hair late joining the game and as we settled down and started to watch it while we ate - alas, I either hit or sat on the TV control - and turned the sound off!
Kailey and I worked and worked trying to get it back on and I am quick to admit Kailey is more capable of dealing with electronics than I am!

Can you imagine what Louis Dean was going through?
Ten times WORSE than that!

Kailey came to the rescue for when we couldn't get the sound back - she did FaceTime with her mom!
Amber to the rescue and we STILL don't know exactly HOW we got the sound back but it did involve unplugging some things! I would never have thought of calling Amber or using Facetime where she could see what's going on!
Kailey is a really good problem solver and I am so proud of her!

We have THREE controls - one is the Smart TV control that turns things off and on. 
The second is the Spectrum control that we use to watch 'regular' TV and another control to the sound bar. Watching TV is not easy anymore!

We left Granddad to finish the Cowboy game once we saw they were ahead!

What to do?


I found a big bag of loops and some frames for making potholders - or coasters!
I came so close to sending all this to Goodwill recently and am so glad I didn't!
Kailey was nearly finished with the one in the upper left pic - and on the last side of looping it off - the final side slipped off the frame!
I tried to fix it and she did, too, but it was a lost cause.
She was determined, though, and pulled it all apart and started over!
A perfect coaster! I made one, too, but mine was not perfect like hers - but I gave it to her anyway.

What was special is that the 'sample' potholders in the bag were ones Amber and Benjamin had made back in the 90's. I'm keeping them!

We played Pick Up Sticks in the gazebo - and she won!
Next? Jacks! And I won!!

We took her home early Sunday night and what a blessing it was to have spent this time with her.
God knows what we need and I needed some Kailey Time!

The alarm went off at 7:00 this morning and we were on time at the hospital for Pre Op.
While there, they also checked us in for tomorrow so that makes things even easier!


Blood work came back good as did the other tests!


We celebrated with breakfast at Joe's Coffee Shop!


It was good to get that done!
From Joe's we did several errands - had the car washed - which is a once in a blue moon thing to do!
Louis Dean filled the car with gas and we mailed a couple of cards at the post office before stopping at Braums for milk and cottage cheese.
By this time it was early afternoon and we had been up early so that meant good long naps.

When anything is going on - I want my house to be clean so I vacuumed, did laundry and changed the sheets on our bed. 

I do believe I have all our ducks in a row tonight!


Tomorrow will come early - as in 6:00!


Thank you all for your love and prayers for Louis Dean!









16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have been praying for this procedure. He is so strong, so I know it will all go well. Congrats on your ring!! The sunflower paintings are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hope all goes well for Louis Dean. He is in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Donna said...

I know he'll do great! I've been praying for his procedure, as well.
SO happy you found your wedding band! I know you're thrilled...
Good luck tomorrow! Will be thinking of you both.
hugs
Donna

Kathy said...

Praying for Louis Dean and for you. God has you both in His hands and I know everything will be fine. It's just us going through the process and the waiting!

I'm so glad you had Kailey with you this weekend. I'm sure it helped and took your mind off of things for awhile.

Congratulations on finding your ring! Want to come over here and find my spare pair of glasses?

Brenda said...

Prayers…… brenda

MadSnapper said...

Praying for the procedure now and the results will be perfect. I laughed all the way through the Kailey and Facetime story. what a great idea. we have the same tv and 3 remotes but I have a 4th remote. both of us have trouble hearing movies, so I bought a bose tv speaker. it has its own remote and comes on when the tv comes on but not always. I can always figure out how to fix whatever it is but while I am trying to think how to fix it bob is yelling and carrying on and trying to tell me what to do and then i get mad and yell back. we long for the days of one remote and nothing to fiddle with. I am not fond of smart tvs even though I love computers. i enjoyed your journal post today,e very word of it

Estelle's said...

I hope all goes smoothly with the pacemaker procedure...it's always amazing seeing your full schedule...it's always a treat to read your posts as you take us along on your life's journey...you make it such a wonderful experience!

Susie said...

Linda, I pray all goes well with LD's surgery and recovery. I often wonder if you meet yourself coming and going. LOL I loved you had time with your grandgirl. I had a nice visit from our Emma about 3 weeks ago, loved it. Blessings to all of you, Love all of you also, xoxo,Susie
p.s. I absolutely hate tv anymore. I wish we still had knobs for controlling, I fear one day it will all be telepathically controlled...I do have have that much mind left. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love that you found your ring. I love all your paintings. Sunflowers and trucks especially red trucks are my thing. Lol. Glad you got some Kailey time and she helped save the day. Prayers for LD. He'll do great and he'll feel even better.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

You found your ring! Must be a good sign! Now to get this surgery over for Louis Dean, your house is clean for fall already, and plenty of things to do! Love you! Trudy

Deanna Rabe said...

What a great weekend! You found your ring, you watched church, you saw the girls game, got the afternoon with Kailey!

I'm excited for the pacemaker for LD. It's going to make a huge difference in his life!

Granny Marigold said...

I hope all goes well today. You sound very organized and ready for any eventuality.
I'm so happy that you found your wedding ring.
Granny M

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Been praying for Louis Dean today. Hoping everything is going well and that you are relaxed and peaceful. How lovely to have Kailey with you overnight...so much fun to have young people around to do fun things together! You are blessed. Oh, so happy you found your wedding ring! I can imagine how upsetting it was to lose it...and there it was safely waiting to be found! That's a real blessing! Hope to hear from you soon regarding the results of today's procedure. God is with you.

Debbie said...

i am so happy you found your ring, the circle of the ring and such deep meaning!! i don't love trader joe's, i don't know why. chuck always runs in to stores for me and i have the patience of a saint. he usually calls or texts me 10 times with questions!!

best wishes to that wonderful man of yours...i will be thinking of him and sending warm thoughts!!

Rita said...

So happy you found your ring!
Always good to see family at the games--and you got time with Kailey, too.
Will be thinking of your sweetie and praying all goes smoothly. I know you will let us know.
*love and hugs*

Anonymous said...

Praying for Louis Dean. Jan