Friday, April 7, 2023

It's Good to be in the COUNTRY!!!

Wednesday was our day to go to the country!
Son Jesse came over in the late morning and updated our laptops for us.
I made us all a good breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and bagels.

I wonder if our children know how much we appreciate all they do for us?
It's no small thing for them to leave what they are doing and come to our aid - and yet they do with no complaints or grumbling.
My intention is to be independent and not rely on others - and yet sometimes we DO need help.
I'm grateful for all four of my children and how they are always there when we need them.
Not just FOUR - I can't tell you how many times Dean and Sherry have stepped into the gap and rescued us! Not only that but the very fact that we are HERE tonight on their ranch is such a blessing!
Their gracious hospitality has blessed our lives beyond measure.


It was barely after noon when we put the final things in the truck and headed south.
One stop for fuel and another at HEB!

Spring was showing off with all her vibrant greens and pretty flowers!


Buttercups!


And we are HERE!!!

We have our routine of unloading and putting things up and this time was the easiest ever!
I try to keep duplicates of everything so we don't have to  take so much back and forth.


The cats are such good travelers and seem to know where we are  going.
Not one peep as we traveled down.
I did have to scoot them over so I could get in the girl bunk.
Samantha usually sleeps with me when we are here.
No clue where Tabitha goes.


Thursday was a good time to whack denim, work on my memoir -  I am up to chapter 28 now and am wondering about posting the book on my blog as a series. I'm such a newbie about publishing a book but I do want to share my story as soon as possible -  just not to the whole world quite yet.
Perhaps I can start a new blog and invite readers?
Just a thought and any input or advice would be so welcome.

Bedtime at 8:30!!
I guess we are really and truly on Country Time!!!

Friday morning with coffee in our bathroom!
Since we went to bed so early - we were up early - so that's how it works???


Louis Dean thought taking a picture of me would be cute!
He took SO many and this was least 'awful' one.
I am NOT a morning person.

He requested pancakes and bacon as soon as we unloaded the truck on Wednesday.


I filled his request today!
However, it takes a LONG time to cook pancakes on a hot plate!
Just so you know....
We will be buying an electric griddle before our return visit here in May.


I made enough to fill Louis Dean up along with his thick cut bacon.
I put pats of real butter between the cakes and poured heated syrup on top!
REALLY good!!

Good Friday was another chilly rainy day here.
Louis Dean worked on his projects and repairs in his shop and I did my thing with some Modge Podge and old calendars.


This cabinet has lived so many different lives since 1983.
I think this is its very best one!
Behind the doors are our plates, bowls and serving dishes.


I have so many calendar pages yet to cut up so I will be adding and embellishing this cupboard in time to come.

This afternoon I whacked more denim, watched movies on Amazon and cleaned the front deck and all the lawn furniture plus I cleaned the windows while Louis Dean did repairs in the bathroom and his shop. We do tend to stay busy doing one thing or another.


Dinner tonight was chili dogs with all the fixings!!

So I've been in the camper at the table writing tonight's journal entry and Louis Dean has been in his shop room doing whatever he does in there.

Life is good here in the country on this Good Friday Night.





25 comments:

Arlene G said...

I think having a private, invitation only blog to share your story would be a great way to test the waters, Linda. Enjoy your time at the ranch!!

Anonymous said...

I so love seeing a new post from you. It always makes my day,(or night), better
If you want to post privately, I surely hope I get an invitation. You are one of my closest friends -- truly!
I wish you and Louis Dean a blessed Easter!❤❤😇
Trudy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. Happy Easter to you and Louis Dean.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, the cabinet is AWESOME!!! And I love the pic of you, you are so cute! I did not know there are pink buttercups. This flower looks a lot like an Evening Primrose. I hope you have a great Easter weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Please invite me to read it. I have been waiting for it.

Unknown said...

Glad you and Louis Dean are enjoying your time at the ranch and so glad you both had a good Good Friday. Pancakes and chile dogs are two of my most favorite foods ever. Wishing you both a blessed Easter.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm with Ginny...those wildflowers are primrose!!

LOVE the cabinet!!!!!!

MadSnapper said...

you are indeed blessed with your children and their children and spouses ready and willing to give a helping hand. Having a country home is the best of all gifts to me... I would love it. and especailly the fact it comes with dogs and horse and goats and chickens. you do look cute, LD did a good job on this one. ha ha on all the others. that is why i post only the ones I have control of the camera... it takes a lot to find a postable photo of myself. Happy Easter, enjoy your time in the country.. what ever the flowers are, I love seeing the roadside full of blooms

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Enjoy that time in che country, it is so beautiful there. Nice that you both manage to keep busy and all your days with getting things done. Between the two of you and Dean and Sherry you have managed t live life there joyfully. Happy Easter weekend to you !

Joyce F said...

I feel so fortunate to live in the country all the time. We are just a mile from the city limits of a town of less than 5000 people. Our only animals are cats (4) and the cattle that live across the road and also in a pasture next to us.
There are lots of things I like about Spring (and a few I don't - Code Red (severe weather warnings) in the middle of the night, mud, etc.
So glad you get to enjoy your country time. Joyce in Kansas

Rita said...

However you want to share it I would love to read it.
Lovely cabinet! :)

Changes in the wind said...

No need to create a new blog to share your book. Just add it on your side bar. God to my blog and click on the side bar that says knitting for charity and you can see what I mean.

Donna said...

Tell LD to take more photos of you...he does a sweet job of it!
Those pancakes look delicious! And what a cute deco job on the cabinet...
Have Fun!
hugs
Donna

Jan said...

So glad you have a special place in the country! Living in the country is such a blessing! I'm sitting here listening to the birds-there are so many and I love hearing their different songs. Our country home is a refuge for us!

Brenda said...

Love your blog. One of my two favorites. I don't comment often, but I do read it. As to your book, I would post on this blog or another one weekly. Not by invitation only...that might hurt someone because let's face it girlfriend, you have a million friends. Since you are going to publish it one day, and it will be made public, that seems to be a good idea. If you plan NOT to publish it for the public, maybe keep for your family. Up to you...thank you for a delightful cheery blog that avoids politics. I have stopped reading many, and I know as election comes closer, I will stop more. It seems that some bloggers think their word is gold...thank you for living the life you do and giving us a glimpse into that life.

photowannabe said...

Ah...country living...
You certainly have the best of both worlds.
I love the way you and Louis Dean putter your way through each day.
Living at its best.
I do hope I get an invite to your book. I think your life is such a perfect example of God's Love and work in one's life.
Blessed Easter
Sue

Beth J. said...

Your hair is looking nice, Linda! Great job growing it thicker and longer.
I cook pancakes in an electric skillet. It is fast and works great. That's what my mom always used, and what I too have always used.
Would love to read your story. You have had an incredible life. Beth from Iowa

BeachGypsy said...

So glad you're back out in the country!-- it's peaceful and beautiful isn't it? Love that cabinet!-- you did a great job. Oh my goodness I LOVE BACON too. Have yall tried the maple bacon??? It's soooo delicious. The kitties seem to love the ranch too-- they are so sweet. Hope yall have a beautiful and meaningful Easter. It's our first Easter on the farm. Love ya!!

Vee said...

That breakfast looks marvelous! I am intrigued by the advice you are receiving from your readers. The next step after doing all the work of writing is to hire a good proofreader/editor. Don't you have one of those in your family? 😊

The help from our families is invaluable. I know just what you mean. Have a blessed Easter. Enjoy your time in the country.

Brenda said...

I just edited a book for Nancy Thames’ husband. She wrote it, and we worked together before she died last summer. She was from Texas. They had just moved to South Carolina. Sudden…a wonderful woman and a great author. Editing important.

Carole said...

I can see empty space in that truck... are you guys going all minimal? Happy Eastr

Granny Marigold said...

It sounds like you're having a lovely, busy, time. I just wanted to wish you and your family a very Blessed Easter.

Deanna Rabe said...

Families that help each other out is so great! I love what you’ve done with that cabinet!

Enjoy your time at the ranch, and Happy Easter!

Susan~aredheadonthego said...

Linda , you know I will be first in line to read your life story. The portions you have shared have been quite moving. You so generously share your life. I’m sure Amber can give you the best idea as to how to share. However you decide to do it, please know you will have a reading, willing and supportive audience!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful job on the cabinet.
I would love to read your story.