Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Celebrating Our 14th Wedding Anniversary!

We had our Beach Day and it was wonderful!


Cloudy skies gave way to blue as the day went on and we walked the short 5 minutes to the beach.


Notice how clever Louis Dean is with the bungee cord slung over his shoulders to help hold the beach chairs?


Ahhhhhhh.......I'm here!!
I loved the sounds of the beach! Seagulls calling and the surf rolling in.......
children's laughter and parents calling and everyone having fun.
I had my book, iced tea, sunscreen and hat. 
It was a great afternoon!
I read and napped. I prayed and thought. I stopped doing and simply sat soaking up the sun and the sounds of the beach.


I thought Louis Dean would stay in the room working on his music but he said he wanted to spend the time with me. He had his book and we sat for hours together.


Occasionally he would walk and collect shells.
Then I would walk along the beach and dip into the water to cool off.


It was a lovely day.


And not once did Louis Dean ask if I was ready to go!


But when I said it was time to leave, he said, "Really??? I could have easily stayed another four minutes or so!"


I just love beach days!

We cleaned up and went out for our last dinner in Galveston.


This was a good choice!


Louis Dean was in such a good mood!


So was I!
Amazing what a few days of rest and relaxation will do for you!





We have had the best time!

It is so much fun being married to Louis Dean!
I thank God every day for bringing him into my life!

22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are wonderful pictures of the two of you together. I am so glad you got to spend your anniversary together, just the two of you!!

Tina said...

So glad you got some sunny weather for your beach day! Such a wonderful getaway for your anniversary! Congratulations on 14 years together! You guys make the best couple! Have a safe trip home!

Jutta said...

The sun and the beach with the love on - the dream come true! Happy Anniversary Linda and LD! ☀️❤️

Arlene G said...

Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

You’ve had such a good trip and made more memories together! Happy anniversary!

Bluebird49 said...

Such a romantic, beautiful post! Be careful going back home!❤❤

Bev said...

Oh... you two❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️LD singing reminded us of LD singing at our table.. Gods richest blessings and may HE give you many more years together

Lorraine said...

A day at the beach is always good for a mind and body reset. I'm curious though. Is it not so hot there that you can be wearing overalls on the beach? We are dying of the heat and humidity here in Alabama.

Vee said...

Beautiful! And I especially love those selfies. God bless you both!

Estelle's said...

This is all so sweet Linda...Happy Anniversary. I do believe y'all were brought together for living this special and happy life!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so glad you were able to get to the beach and the rain stopped for you. I do agree, there is nothing like a day on the beach. It's one of my favorite places to be. Even though my trips to the beach are often imaginary, when I want to go to a peaceful place, I think about the beach. You are very blessed to have each other and to be celebrating yet another anniversary. One to remember for sure ! Wishing you a very happy Anniversary and much love in the days to come!

Changes in the wind said...

What a wonderful time you have had and so happy your beach day turned out perfect:)

Nonnie said...

I love the way you two live life!!! Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful way to celebrate.

photowannabe said...

You have an absolute gem in LD.
God blessed you beyond measure.
Your anniversary time away looks wonderful and restful for both of you.
Making memories is what it's all about.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

so sweet! I love beach days, especially in the Winter...not that here in Florida gets that cold at all during Winter

BeachGypsy said...

I am loving all these happy pictures, Linda! I love the one of you in front of the door, ready to go to the beach, great pic of you! I love being on the beach too, walking, hunting for shells, hearing the gulls chatter, watching the big pelicans dive for their supper, I can be napping, reading, people watching, eating a picnic, or just sitting and staring into space... doesn't matter what it is....it's best on the beach, right!? LOL So relaxing.

Kathy said...

Happy anniversary! So glad you got to go to one of my favorite places -- the beach. What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary. And I love the songs LD sang to you. How sweet. You two are perfect together.

Carole said...

All the best to you both for the next 14 years! You are both an inspiration. cheers

Wanda said...

What a wonderful anniversary at the Beach. I can't think of anything better. You both look so cute. Happy Anniversary.

Rain said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I would love to sit on the beach all day long! I LOVE your hat!!!

Carol said...

I am glad you enjoyed your beach day. Happy Anniversary!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Happy Anniversary wishes to you both and sorry I missed seeing this post earlier. It looks like you had a great day and nice that LD joined you in the beach but I wondered if he was a but warm in his overalls.