Thursday, December 13, 2018

Amber Time,Tuesday's Treasures, Rest and Recover, and a Fresh New Christmas Tree!

Tuesday was a Mother/Daughter Day!
Amber and I treasure our time together and take it every chance we get.


I was up and out of the house shortly after 11:00 dropping off my Christmas packages and cards at the post office on my way to Dallas.


Amber's house always smells so good!
She has candles lit and plug ins and it smells just like 'Amber's house!'
(Her car smells the same way.)

This is the mantle in the play room which will be a den before too many more years pass.


The kids have their own tree in the corner.......


and the tree is decorated with the ornaments they have made or collected.


In the living room I noticed a pretty Christmas painting by Logan.
She was so proud when her mama framed and displayed it.
Back when Amber was little, she just assumed her every piece of art would be hung on the wall.




Amber and Mike have a huge tree in the living room!
While I have more ornaments than I can count and they are a mish mash of Goodwill, memory ones I have had for long years and some made by my children and cherished and hung every year.


Every ornament on Amber's tree is meaningful.
Everyone in the family chooses one special ornament each year.
Amber chose the one on the bottom left corner.
Logan chose the camper.
Mike's is the marshmallow camouflage guy.
Harrison chose the red lantern.
I forgot what Kailey chose......oops.

There are special decorations for when they moved into the new house - their 'forever home.'
A huge engagement ring for the year Mike proposed.


Losing Shiner is still a fresh wound and hearts are hurting.
It was both painful and sweet to see his ornament hanging on the tree.



Jersey is grieving along with the family but has been doing pretty well.
Amber has made sure she has more time in the house and that keeps her from looking for Shiner.
She's used to Shiner being gone from time to time - either for a vet visit or hunting trip.
It will be an adjustment for her.
Jersey and Bandit the cat have had some bonding time together lately and I think they are going to be good company for each other.


This was our movie of choice and Jersey sat at our feet while we munched on a great salad as we watched.

I went with her to pick up the kids after school and then I hung around helping the kids polish off the rest of their lunches. They usually save their leftovers for me.

I left to come back to Irving before the heavy traffic and decided to go ahead and hit up my two favorite thrift stores.


We are fast approaching the winter solstice and I notice on Ma's Looking on the Bright Side that the sun is setting a minute before 5:00.  It wasn't dark when I went into Goodwill but it was dark when I came out! And the birds! There were so many of them everywhere! It was creepy!

I started the day out feeling fine but by the time I walked back in the front door, I was so tired - tired to the bone. I dumped my bags in the living room, talked to Louis Dean for a few minutes in the den and then walked straight to the bedroom, took my make up off and put on my flannel nightgown.


It was 7:30 when I went to bed and I stayed there all night and all the next day and the next night.
Usually I can keep pushing and going but here lately, I think my pusher is broken.
I was starting to get worried about myself. However, I woke up this morning feeling better. Not 100% but better. I didn't feel like staying in bed and that was a good sign!
I was up before Louis Dean and made coffee, puttered around the house and took pictures of my Tuesday Treasures.


I bought this cute little fence hook thingy to use at the ranch.
We can hang our flyswatters, flashlights and mosquito covers on it.


Chicken plates!! 
How could I resist??


I loved this Christmas cup and will be sipping my coffee from it in the morning!


A super cute snowman.....


and a sweet black and white sign for our bedroom.


I found a luxurious bath towel and can't wait to get it laundered.
It will hang in my bathroom.
I may use it all winter!


I scored on this comfy pair of UGGS.


And I will love this cool shirt for fall!
Or maybe before.
Brand new with tags still on it!


A small Christmas glass cutting board.....


and a larger one!


You can never have too many Merry Christmases.


I can never have too many plaid Christmas tablecloths!

SO! Since I was feeling better and we were out of both milk and cheese - and a few other things - we got ready right after our coffee and reading time and headed out for an afternoon of errands.
First stop was Goodwill!
Not to shop, mind you, but to unload an entire trunk load of stuff!!
As we were taking it all out, I noticed a big cargo cart they use to put the donations in so I started putting my stuff in there. A worker came out and said, "No, that is going back on the truck."
There was a huge canvas in it and I asked if they were going to throw it away.


Bottom line - she gave it to me!!!
Now I have TWO big canvases to paint on!
One I found a few years ago on the curb when I was walking the neighborhood.
That one was free, too! It said so - written on the back of the canvas.
Ooooooh......I forgot to take a picture of the canvas screen I bought Tuesday!
It is three sections and well made with a tropical setting painted on it.
I thought I would Kiltz it, coat it with Gesso and paint the ranch on it - from gate to horses to roads to our camper place to the new duck coop and the little tank and on back to the main house and barn to the meadow. Maybe like a Grandma Moses kind of painting but not really. ??
Any way, I am going to look at ideas for truly LARGE paintings!

Then we made a Sam's run!!


We always spend lots and lots of $$$ when we go there so I am not spending another penny if I can help it - at least not on groceries! I bought all the ingreients for Texas Trash and that is not an inexpensive thing to make - especially when you make as much of it as I do!


AND they had their Christmas Trees reduced as well as green garland!
Win! WIN!!


I love the smell of pine!


Of all the charities around, our favorite is The Salvation Army.
I never pass a kettle that I don't drop in some money.
I want to be a ringer sometime. Maybe next year!


I took this picture to show you how Louis Dean got the Christmas tree in the back seat of our car!
See it sticking its top out of the window?
But look at what else I see!
If I'm not mistaken, that box of Juicy Couture fragrance is my Christmas gift.
Louis Dean snuck that in. But I SPY it!
I hope he remembers to give it to me.
One year he bought some perfume for me but couldn't remember where he had put it. 
It was in his truck but he didn't find it until April!


As soon as we got home, I started putting things up and he went to find the Christmas tree stand.
He had the tree up in no time and hooked a wire up to hold it if the wind tried to blow it over.
I put 550 LED colored lights on it and some burlap ribbon.


I think it's beautiful just like that!
We love to look at the colored circles the lights make on the gazebo walls.


We sat there all nice and cozy for awhile with a glass of wine and savored the moment.

For dinner tonight I made chicken and dumplings from a chicken Louis Dean stewed the other day when I was in bed. We ate it while watching a really good movie....


It had a High Noon feel to it and I loved the twangy music.
A good plot for me and some good fight scenes for Louis Dean.
It was made this year and I would love to see more movies like this.
Finally one Louis Dean and I BOTH liked!

I'm not going to push the envelope by staying up too late tonight.
I hope to wake up in the morning feeling 100%!
But if it's as good as today was - I'll take it!!




.

24 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

Hey girlfriend, I was just sitting here thinking of you, AND YOU POSTED!! haha LOL---now I'm going to go read your post!! Hugs!

BeachGypsy said...

Well, I sure did enjoy reading this post! Great deal on the canvas, well BOTH OF THEM, can't beat FREE!! HA HA LOL so glad you got those. I love the kids' tree, oh, some of those ornaments are so beautiful, my favorites are the little princesses and i LOVE that little pink kitchen!! so cute! Sometimes after big events or several days of busyness or maybe just a long day of running here and there, I tucker out as you described too. And all you can do really is JUST REST, to recover. My energy levels surely aren't what they used to be. (sigh)--part of getting old, and the wrinkles, loss of vision, memory losses, etc.--all the good stuff. ha ha LOL. I can't believe you made chicken and dumplings too, that's what I made yesterday, LOL. I hadn't made that in ages. I love the dumplings. Glad y'all spotted the good deal on the live tree, it looks great right where y'all put it and I bet is smells so good!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Keep feeling better Linda - good that you did the big rest time - it helps get you back up and running. Good scores as always. Lovely family time. Thanks for your wonderful sharing.
Hugs.
Joy

Vee said...

Glad that you bounced back. Some days are just like that and I can tell that you roll with it and rest. Good idea. I loved seeing the special ornaments at the Bell house. Do they have some bells? And I couldn’t help but grin to see that you had taken in a load of debris and found something good to bring home. Score! Pretty tree...enjoy the scent.

Bluebird49 said...

That gazebo smells wonderful, I know!
Both of Amber's trees look great, too.
I know one thing---when you're ready to go --- you can say, "I didn't do everything, but I did more than I ever thought I would!"
xoxo!

Brenda said...

Ok I need to rest after reading all you did!!!
Great blog as usual!

MimiG said...

I've been checking in for you and you finally appeared! I do understand about the push and push though. Sometimes you just hit a brick wall and have to rest.. Good on you for recognizing it..
Will you share your Texas Trash recipe or point me to one similar? There must be 20 recipes on Pinterest! I won't be making the huge amount you make, but would cut it down for my family. I already have the Chex cereals, some pretzels and peanuts. Not sure of the rest..
Have a great weekend!

MadSnapper said...

I would like to see Legal Action, I saw the first equalizer and I do love Denzel, but was not crazy about it. so sorry about Shiner, I some how missed that. I know the family is so sad... glad Jersey and the cat are getting along. also happy that LD got to meet and greet Santa. ha ha

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your days are so full and busy that it's no wonder you get tired. Knowing when to take it easy and get some rest is something not everyone can do, but you are wise to rest up like you did. I always find that when I have a busy day, It takes the day after to recoup. I'll be 75 this coming year, and cannot constantly be on the go like I used too. I call life in the slow lane. Your daughters house is decorated beautifully as is yours. Your Tuesday treasures are always a joy to see. Nice too that you got a real tree. Nothing can beat the smell. Hope your Friday is just as fantastic!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

With all your activity, you need a day or two to really rest! Hope today is 100%!

I love your connection with your kids and grands, and the time you get to spend with them. With our out of state kids visiting this week, we've spent a lot of money on food stuff too, but its been worth it. I'm so thankful we've had this time with them.

Your gazebo is a fun place! Maybe the next time I'm in Texas, I'll get to visit your home, and enjoy the gazebo in person!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We don't any of us know how you go so much and DO so much! I'm tired just thinking about it! And you stay so thin...you need to write a book of how to take care of yourself for all of us to read! Love all your thrift finds...those Uggs are the BEST! Enjoy your day!

Tina said...

Some others have already said it here but your days would wear out someone half your age! When I say that you and LD are an inspiration, I mean it! I'm finding myself tiring more easily at 50! How do you find such fantastic treasures at Goodwill?!? I need to come thrifting in Texas! The Uggs are such a great find! I love the circles of light that the Christmas tree makes on the gazebo, I could sit and look at that for hours! And your idea for the mural of the farm is going to be awesome! You are such a talented painter, someday I would like to know more about how you learned to paint so well! Or have you told it here already? Hope you have a great weekend!!

P.S. Your mother/daughter time with your girls is inspiring me to find more time to spend with my own mom! Thank you so much!

Rain said...

Hi Linda :)) Amber's home is so pretty! I love when you walk into a home and it smells of cozy fragrances. I have candles going all the time too, though I stopped using the plug ins...not sure why they have some nice scents!! I'm so sorry for their loss of Shiner. I've been through that a lot and it's heart-wrenching, sending prayers to Amber and her family and to poor Jersey. :(

Your black and white snowman sign is FABULOUS! And your tree is so festive!! Hope you're both doing well and relaxing. By the way, I sent you an email to the address on your blogger profile, hope you got it! :)

Changes in the wind said...

I wish you would have lived closer to me, my Mom had a lot of blank canvases and paints that I got rid of and would have loved to have given them to you. You really should pace yourself more as pushing and then being exhausted isn't the best way to go. At least you rest when you know you are tired. Amber's decorations are just beautiful and she takes after you with all the traditions and etc. I loved all the goodies you found but especially the pretty coffee cup and the cutting boards.

Arlene G said...

So glad you got rested up!! I am hoping to do some cleaning today as I am having some church ladies over tomorrow morning for coffee and treats. Great find on the free canvases. I look forward to seeing what you do with them!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Just love reading your blog and once thru is never enuf as I
don't want to miss anything. Such good finds at the Goodwill and think I
better get to the one in Tillamook before Christmas gets here. Your tree
looks beautiful and I'm sure it smells so good. Hope you are feeling fine
and will have rest time each day in this busy holiday season. Do take care.
Phyllis

Carole said...

I think that's whats been wrong with me for a while now - my pushers broken. Need to mend it! Glad you got some rest. Rushing around even if its Christmas does take its toll. Cheers

terre said...

well thanks to you, i now know what texas trash is! do get your rest, friend, this stuff is rough! my hubby got sick last week and i am in the throes of it this week.

Cheapchick said...

Great finds at goodwill - that towel is awesome and uggs! And then a real tree on sale - well done, it looks very pretty

Carol said...

So glad that you are feeling better and I pray that you continue to get well. Enjoy your treasures!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love you in your red snowman sweatshirt and red shoes! Logan's drawing is very good! I would not be able to draw this good! This towel is gorgeous, with such an intense color! And I love the snowman cutting board, tablecloth, and slippers. The lights on your gazebo walls are gorgeous!! Like your very own light show.

Small Kucing said...

Love the decoration. Awww... I never had a real christmas tree before. Kinda hard to get one over here

Have a great weekend

jujupage1 said...

Love how your daughter decorated her tree with all the meaningful ornaments on it!

bj said...

Daughter Mother time is at the top of my list. We, too, do it as often as possible. I can look back and my mom and my time together and I am so thankful for every single minute.
Thank you sooooooo much for the card. I was hoping to get the 2018 and was so tickled when it came. Thank you for thinking of me...that makes 2 now and I love 'em both.