Sunday, October 22, 2017

Our Country Weekend!

Saturday was a wonderful and relaxing day. I unplugged from social media for the most part and just enjoyed being here at the ranch.


We were on Critter Duty while Dean and Sherry were away and we take our chores seriously.
I do NOT want to lose a critter on our watch!


We ended Saturday night with a nice campfire and spent the evening in our 'new room.'
It was 9:00 and felt like it was much later!
The country is so good for us.
We knew rain was in the forecast so we brought things in and covered other things up and went to bed early. The storms arrived around 1:00 this morning and Louis Dean never moved a muscle.
When he woke up at 9:00 this morning - he had no idea that the lightning and thunder and rains had raged for hours throughout the night! He had slept the best sleep he's had for a long time.  

Sunday.....

We woke up to a ranch all freshly washed from the early morning rains.


Louis Dean slept so hard that he was practically in a stupor until his second cup of coffee.
Critter Chores were waiting and we pulled on our mud boots and headed down.


What was dusty and dull yesterday was all fresh and pretty this morning.


The big tank was especially beautiful when I walked up the slope.


There was a lot of standing water early in the day......but the north and northwest winds dried them up pretty fast.


I love the days here on the ranch and in our camper.
I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps because I do not have a plan for every day. Just a vague idea of waht I want to do. What I want to accomplish. As in doing critter chores. Reading. Writing. Being.
Not a lot of running around. Time to think....and pray.

We came back to the camper and Louis Dean hosed off our mud boots while I cooked a country breakfast. 


We ate while watching Fellowship Church Live on the Internet.

Louis Dean had his projects today and I had mine.
He did some electrical work.....I now have outlets on both sides of the 'new room.'


This is the Girl Bunk.....my favorite place to sleep.
I stapled some denim up for curtains - replacing the light colored pillow shams I was using.
In the summer I have a plywood piece that blocks the sun and heat.
That has been removed and stored until next year.


This was the first full day we have had without AC.
The windows and door are open and it has felt so good to have fresh air coming in all day long.

I've been working on my art today.


For the first time EVER - I have organized my tubes of paint!!
I used two tackle boxes - one bigger than the other but both full.
Sabrina, if you are reading this - you would be so proud!
I was surprised to discover I have more than enough of all things yellow and not nearly enough of Burnt Umber and Burnt Sienna.

And then I painted....


It's been a wonderful weekend in the camper and on the ranch.

Last night we looked in wonder at the clock and saw it was only 9:00!
It's 8:50 as I write tonight and we are ready to go to bed.

*source*

I think we have really turned into 'that couple' in the country!




18 comments:

Wanda said...

I truly think God has blessed and honored your life with the ranch. You place of solitude and reflection, fun and chores, God's creation everywhere, and you so appreciate it...it's his gift back to you. Thanks for letting me share it with you. I love when WE go to the ranch...HaHa

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! You can be lazy and make your own schedule! While we are completely exhausted from our weekend. So much that we actually were not able to go to church this morning. We have run, baby sat, did favors for friends, gone to doctors all weekend long. Being where you are sounds awesome! Your room looks so great there. And it looks BIG too! The pond is beautiful!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

The best of days and days and wonderful rests and fresh air. Hugs.
Love Joy

Bluebird49 said...

I love hearing about your days and restful sleep. The "unplugging" from everything. Actual change from busy city to "lazy" (not for you two!) country!

I loved seeing your tubes of paint all in rows, and the snowy barn looking nearly done, good healthy breakfasts, and I see you're loving Louis's electrical work on the new room. (We use so many extension cords in this old house.)

I just am so happy to hear you can lay down your burdens and enjoy your country living. I guess you'll go back before Halloween to hand out some goodies to some special little folks. Y'all be careful in your comings and goings! <3

Kathy said...

A wonderful post. I can just feel the happiness and relaxation you are experiencing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Arlene G said...

There is just something about the country that makes you sleep better! That is my theory anyway! Love seeing all the pictures.

Susie said...

Linda, I think LD slept so well, because you both are more relax plus maybe somewhat tired from chores. It's nothing planned that can be the best relaxation. The fresh air helps too. The big tank looks beautiful after the rains. We are having rain today..probably one of those all day rains. Time to go to Ollie's discount store and look a round. It's like Big Lots. Blessings to you and Ld. Be safe, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend. I love it when you can open the windows and let fresh air in. Today we are cooler and by night I'll have to turn on the heat. No open windows at all here today. You are blessed to have the best of both wolds with your camper in the country.

MadSnapper said...

I am still smiling after I spied the even the stool has a skirt. so cute. and plaid boots, why not? critter patrol would be my most favorite thing. I have never slept through a thunder storm, they wake me up and I don't go back to sleep until they are gone.

Changes in the wind said...

The picture of the big tank is really pretty and that was a great looking breakfast:)

Vee said...

Definitely! I am glad that you are sleeping well and resting your heads. We all need time at the ranch. Ha!

Hootin Anni said...

I so enjoyed this adventure at the camper! From a late [late for me] breakfast first thing, to organizing at your leisure and then painting. And sleeping so soundly in the country air...a perfect weekend.

Debbie said...

awww, you are that couple in the country!! your pictures are beautiful and the breakfast looks yummy!!!

The Reader's Tales said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! I am totally in love with your ranch. Beautiful blog post.
Thank you for your lovely comment :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds that you had a wonderful weekend. That would be a wonderful place where you have gone.Yummy dishes!

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a wonderful weekend. It's been a while since I've had any "critter" chores, but I used to enjoy them.

Blessings~

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The pond does look beautiful after the rain! And I love how comfortable your home is...cozy and comfy! And how nice to have your paints organized. You are SO talented! I love your barns! Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful week-end of fresh air, time, and God's creation all around you.