Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What Was I THINKING??


Louis Dean and I were talking earlier today about my bathroom remodel job....


and the fact that it is still  FAR from 'Done.'



We thought back to October 2010 when I first packed up all my STUFF into plastic storage tubs..
which continue to sit on our back bedroom patio! My extra makeup, shampoos, toiletries....



Then we got the bright idea to treat this remodel.......which has drug on for going on SIX months....
as a JOB!! I think Louis Dean is game!
(He wants me OUT of HIS bathroom!)

We have a good ways to go!


And LOTS to do!!!


The good news is I will be going from ONE measly electric outlet...
to EIGHT!!! A bit overkill, I admit, but he got carried away!
He said, "Well, I HAD all these blue boxes!!"


Hopefully there will be some big improvements made over the weekend!


This is my one bright spot!
Still need to seal it but will do that when I do the rest of the 'sealing' work.


Perhaps I will have actual WALLS up soon!


Three switches (for one small bathroom) to control overhead lights, make up lights and
the outlets way up at the top of the room (where I cannot reach!).



All that work to do....and I do not have the ability to do any of it!
EXCEPT to refinish this mirror frame.



So THAT is how I am spending MY afternoon!
We have a house guest coming tonight so LD has decided to NOT take the toilet out until tomorrow afternoon. With that on the curb I am certain we will be more motivated to........


Get 'R DONE!!!

As you can tell.....I have just been a sucker for a pretty face!
Wonder how long our bedroom redo is going to take?



9 comments:

LV said...

I am sure it will be worth it when finished. I need to do a lot of remodeling and painting, but just hate to go through with it. You need to stop making pictures of the fellow so he can work faster.

Deb said...

remodels never go as planned...but when they are done..it is wonderful

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Linda,
Do I need to send my carpenter over??? lol

Amber said...

so funny. maybe he'll spend time on it while you're away!

Carla said...

LOL. Linda we still have blue type on the paneling furr down just above the TV where David ripped out the original shelving and cabinet. It's been there since 2005 so 6 months don't sound all that long. It's become a joke between us. He plans on finishing the furr (is that the way its spelled) down soon. I'll let you know.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Sounds like he took on a biggggggggggg job!

You are lucky to have a handy husband! Me too!

Good move! Leave toilet in place, while company is here. -giggggles-

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my goodness! You must have the patience of a saint.

Can't wait to see the reveal.

Panic Away Review said...

I can't hardly wait to see your remodeled bathroom!

EFT and Tapping said...

Now that's a very long time of remodeling and planning! Hope you have a wonderful outcome!