I started the weekend with art and based in my first Santa.
My blogger friend, BJ, purchased a large canvas of this pink Santa a few years back and I have wanted to paint it ever since I saw hers. This is the year and I know I will love it!
I have a second Santa to base in and I was hoping to do it before I made this journal entry but that didn't happen.
Labor Day Hockey Tournament!!
Trystan, Kailey and Logan are all on the same team this year - Dallas Stars Elite.
Louis Dean and I went to the girls' game on Saturday at 4:15....
Can you spy all three Bell Girls??
I will edit and point them out later!
Then we were at the rink at 12:45 on Sunday to watch Harrsion play.
Harrison is #20 and I sat next to the grandma of Carson #5 - they play on the same line.
And Carson scored the first and only goal of the game.
We grandmas show up for our grands!!
Harrison is on the Texas Tigers team this year and is loving it.
Players become friends and sometimes they end up on opposing teams but the friendships remain and that makes the games even more fun.
It's the tradition that's happened on the players part to gather in a ring on the ice after the games and have a word of prayer.
Often both teams gather but Sunday only one of the competition joined the group.
I'm thinking he's friends with some of the Texas Tigers.
This just helps keep the games where they should be.
Healthy competition and hard work with good sportmanship.
The Tigers won the semifinal game at 8:45 this morning and went on to the finals
this afternoon at 2:00.
I got up early and made the first game and then picked Louis Dean up for the final game.
It was a great game - neck and neck.
The other team scores first in the first period and the Tigers scored in the second period.
The game was tied and went into 'overtime' of five minutes.
Alas, the other team won but it was exciting.
| Here we are! |
In between games, I did some 50% off thrift store shopping.
A little more fall debris for the finishing touches!
I'm so happy that our possums are back and the rats and mice have vacated the premises.







No comments:
Post a Comment