I've been counting down the days to my favorite one of the entire year!
Finally!! I'll wake up tomorrow to my very first September morn of 2026!
I checked the pecans yesterday to make sure there were no surprises in them - like pieces of shells!
I've made this more than once!
It's a September tradition!
The coookie dough is in the fridge and it looks nearly as it should.
Making this not only expensive but labor intensive....and my arthritic hands and wrists were tired.
The bowl holding it weighed a LOT and I decided to ask my Knight in Shining Overalls to transfer the dough to a gallon sized zip lock bag.
He was so proud and when he brought it to me - I noticed the bag was SOFT!
It should be FIRM!
He added a half cup of WATER to the dough to help get it out of the bowl!
I was so upset!
I dumped the dough back in the bowl and added a half cup of flour and gave it back to Louis Dean with explicit instructions as to NOT do ANYTHING but mix the flour into the dough.
Praying God will bless the dough and the cookies will bake up just fine in the morning.
I've been cleaning and decorating since early July.
The den was my first room to do.
It took well over a week as I did a little at a time.
That skeleton playing the banjo is several years old and still playing on the same battery that came with him.
This is the finished den and the rest of the house is dressed for fall as well.
There is only the gazebo and our deck areas left to decorate and they will wait until the triple digits are gone!!
My pumpkin coffee is ready to turn on and my favorite coffee cup is next to the pot.
The Neil Diamond Cds are by the player for when I first get up.
I'll bake up some cookies and a batch of spiced pumpkin muffins to have with my coffee!
And since it will be Tuesday - I'll celebrate with a little treasure hunting with Brenda!
In three hours and five minutes - it will be September!
But I won't celebrate until September MORN!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
15 comments:
Oh how frustrating to find LD had added water to your cookie dough. I hope they come out ok.
Your decorations look lovely. I do love the look of fall
Ahhh September, you made it and with hopefully cooler temperatures! Linda, your fall decorations are gorgeous. Fingers crossed your cookies turn out well and are delicious. RHill, TX
Happy September!!
Happy September Morn, my dear friend! It's September, 2026?!
so glad your traditions were not delayed. It feels good to know some things don't change. Hope the cooler weather comes soon for all of us. The house looks beautiful.
Oh my .. I do hope your cookies turn out and are perfection !!!
You my dear friend have out-done yourself in the decorating department. Everything is so warm and cozy feeling.
HAPPY SEPTEMBER MORN !!!
(((hugs)))
Sue
Oops, I forgot to say that I love the photo of your beloved recipe.
It sure has been in use for ages. It really is a Treasure.
Sue
I love how you love this day! Happy September 1st!
So glad you continued with your September 1st tradition. My husband passed nearly a year ago from dementia.
I can understand your frustration🤦🏽♀️
ooooh man, i LOVE your recipes, hand written notes, they are the best. all the rooms look so pretty, i especially love the den!! autumn is my favorite time of year and the decorations are definitely my favorites. we love september, both of my boys were born in september, less than a year apart. i too was born in september, we are all virgos. your nest looks amazing!!
Oh happy September....finally! I look forward to this post as much as you do creating it! Your home is looking cozy and festive. I am in the same frame of mind...a little at a time and waiting until these hot days cool off a bit....be proud of yourself for creating the feeling of the season!
Oh Linda, everything looks so cozy and inviting! And I also love the recipe with all the writing on it! You need to scan that into your computer and make a copy of it for safe keeping in case something happens to the original. It's a true relic worth saving! And I do hope the cookies turned out good. I think I saw a post on Facebook saying they were delicious...so I believe they were! Bless LD's sweet heart! (((HUGS))) I have only done one thing so far to decorate, and that was a gift from the kids. I usually wait until after Labor Day, which seems really late this year, but we are busy with Dr. appts. ,etc. this week, so it's just as well. It's too hot in the shed to go get the decorations, so next week will be fine. But seeing all of your stuff out and so pretty makes me want to get started!! Yes, September is a beautiful month!! I believe it's your birth month and mine too. I'm so glad I was born in September! Have a wonderful rest of your week. Sending you more (((HUGS))).
Linda, I love your home when it's dressed for Fall. Absolutely beautiful. It takes time to look at each picture as they are so full of wonderful memories and new ideas. My Fall Decor is still in the Storage unit..boo hoo. I don't have the strength to unload the bins, and life has been too full of more important things for the kids to pull my bins. But my new motto is "Too Blessed to Complain". So it will be done when it will be done. I still have lots of ber months ahead. Loving you and all you do for everyone.
Your home is adorable and so exciting to see. The decorations make it such a happy place. I bet the cookies will turn our perfect. I will say, I love the recipe and how marked up it is.. this means it's a great recipe...
I so love the pictures of your home. Your fall "debris " is absolutely cozy and inviting as a home should be.
Post a Comment