That's what my sister, Nita, would say......
and that's just exactly what Louis Dean and I are doing!
Monday we put up the new solar power for our camera bird feeder and that was harder than it sounds!
The next day we had to protect the wires so the squirrels wouldn't eat through them - again.
Alas, when I checked the camera the next day it had recorded only squirrels and big fat rats!
We are trying to figure how to deal with them!
The fight is real!
Tuesday was a fun day!
Summer joined us and we all three found treasures just right for each of us!
Summer loves all things patriotic!
And she loves to travel that Samsonite bag was just like brand new!
These were some more of her finds!
Now for mine!
Louis Dean loves this clock and has hung it up outside under the shade cloth.
Brenda spied this brand new sunflower purse and I scored with a few more new candles.
Love this comfy dress!
Brenda can spot a Chico's like no one else can!
Love this color!
Another Chico's!
This was $10 and brand new!
I no longer have a ewing cabinet so I will used it for my sewing supplies.
I just love pretty things!
Louis Dean had a good report from his neurologist this week.
Keep doing everything we've been doing plus the next day we joined the Senior Citizen Center and the gym.
We walked on the treadmill and will return on Monday.
Plus we will be going to Bingo afterwards and will bring a dish and two small gifts each for Bingo prizes. Ileen is planninig on going with us and maybe Summer, as well.
I'm back to preparing meals again.
Avocado toast on Cheesecake Factory famous brown bread that I bought at Aldi.
You never know what you will find there.
The other slice is spread with peanut butter and spicy jam.
Saturday was our dinner and movie night.
I cooked up a good many small potatoes that needed using and Louis Dean sliced up onions and peppers for me.
I made Cheese Blintzes with apricot sauce - topped with sour cream and fresh bacon bits.
You can't go wrong with Forest Gump!!!
Today is Sunday and it's been a hot one with more triple digit days for all next week.
I ordered a new window unit for our bedroom and it was delivered Saturday.
Tomorrorw morning - as soon we have a good cup of coffee - we will install it.
It's smaller and more efficient that the one in there now.
The good thing is there's shade over there so maybe we can get it in without too much trouble.
That's it for us!
Now on to a new week!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
13 comments:
Linda, you two are the busiest two people I know. I think you are incredible. Nice finds. Glad Dean is doing okay for now. Love your clothes. Sorry about your camera problems!
I hope you can figure out a solution for the rats.
The three of you found some great things out thrifting. I love that banner that summer found.
Your dinners look delicious.
So glad you have joined the gym, it will not only be good for you both but will give you a weekly outing that doesn't include doctors and you will have the opportunity to meet and greet with new people:)
I'm excited for you joining the senior center! That is going to be a blessing! I love how you keep on going. That's really what we all should do. Elisabeth Elliot used to talk about "When you don't know what to do, you do the next thing." That's the way. Brenda is a master at spotting Chico's clothes! You found a lot of great items while thrifting! Glad LD's doctor visit was a good one!
I know I sound like a broken record but you always find the most amazing treasures thrifting.
Hope you can get the rat issues addressed and BRAVO on joining the senior center and gym. That's going to be a perfect outing for you that's just plain fun and meeting new people will be good for both of you.
(((hugs)))
Sue
Hi Linda. It's always good to hear what you and LD are up to! It's fun to see what treasures you find when you are out thrifting. We had a rat and squirrel problem at our old house. They ate everything I planted in my garden! We never did figure out what to do to get rid of them. Glad you are joining the senior center in your area. I told my husband that we need to do that as well now that I am retired. Have a good week. See you again soon!
My favorite treasures are the yellow dress and the cute bike and cart with the flowers inside. I also really like your galvanized drawers. I'm so glad all is well. What a great idea to join the Senior Center!!
Linda, I am so glad you joined the senior events. That's our bingo too. We take gifts for the prize table or donate money so the organizers can buy stuff. Blessings to all. love you guys, xoxo, Susie
Okay am I reading this right...are you and LD putting in the bedroom window or you're having someone do it?
We have a senior center here that is going through some issues. Kinda funny in a way - the younger seniors vs the older ones. Apparently at the monthly board meetings the younger ones want different events geared toward them and that would mean eliminating many programs for the older seniors. What a mess! Lol
Glad to know LD is still doing well. I'm positive it has to do with you and your loving ways with him.
i wish i had half your energy!! you guys look so good, and you really hit the jackpot with those clothes!!
What a different tone between this post and your "Children in the Closet!" Glad you have joy and peace in your life with LD, your family and friends. Rats and squirrels - they are there because there is food for them. When you put out food for the opossums and if birdseed is available to them, they will come. We used to feed feral cats and we encountered a lot of wildlife that also liked cat food!
Yuck to the fat rats. That would have freaked me out.
You all found some really great treasures on your thrifting excursion, and it sounds like you had a fun time while you were at it.
Have you watched Otto? with Tom Hanks. Loved it too.
Bob once trapped 20 rats in two days in our garage. We use TomCat trap, easy to set, bait and most of the time it kills them. Once he had to finish the job. get them on Amazon or Ace Hardware.
rats chew wires and all kinds of things even in the yard they can eat the writing in cars and trucks. Our are big, palm tree rats. if you get TomCat, get the big ones and we use pieces of a slim Jim to bait. the love it and its hard for them to get it. will email the link to amazon
Post a Comment