Thursday, May 23, 2024

Ready to Head to Branson!

We took that extra day on Monday to wind up projects and Tuesday around noon we were ready to close up the camper and head home!
 

Our drive up to the gate was lined with beautiful wildflowers!


The Texas Lilac bushes were all abloom as was a ton of horsemint!
Our bees should be very happy and hopefully we will get a honey crop this year!

It was a smooth trip home and Louis Dean did a great job of getting us here.
He unloaded while I put up and since it was a short visit to the ranch this time, it didn't take long.


Soon we were sitting out on the driveway with tall glasses of tea.
We hoped to see our friend and neighbor, Ilene, but she must have been busy somewhere else!

The laundry was going and I fixed us something to eat and we even watched a Blue Bloods episode before calling it a night.

I absolutely LOVE the Girl Bunk at the camper but it was just as nice to crawl into our bed at home!


I spent Wednesday over at Amber's and we did some housework, ate a great lunch together and watched one of our favorite movies.....


We love Kevin Costner!

I came home after traffic on Wednesday night with my bucket filled.
I spent special golden hours with my daughter and had a meaningful conversation with Mike as well as visited with all four of my Bell grands!

Logan played her euphonium for me and shared some of her award winning art from school!
I wish I had taken some photos of her work!
She has true talent for art and I am so impressed!

Kailey is always a delight as she hugged and talked to me....and I can't get enough of her!
She made sure that I was to tell Granddad how much she loves him!
So far she is the tallest of the four and when she hugs me she actually has to stoop down! 

Trystan has a special place in my heart and I can't help but look at her and smile!
She is our Polly Perfect student and loves school and all the ins and outs of learning.
She received the Student of the Year award for Gifted And Talented English Language arts and also for PE!

And Harrison is the 'boy' and  yet he remains a sweet grandson who always makes me feel special!
He said I was excellent at being a wonderful MeeMaw!
He got the Student of the Year award for his Technology Applications class.

It doesn't get any better than this!

Today ( Thursday) we have been packing and preparing for our vacation trip to Branson, Missouri in the morning.


I'm hoping to travel light this time and pack most of my things in one suitcase!


Makeup is a must and I am trying to pack what I need in the top bag instead of taking all of it!


Louis Dean amazed me in how well he packed!


His music notebooks, plus his clothing and shave kit....
It's a win! WIN!!!


Thank you, Billy and Brenda, for the gift of this trip!
And I am hoping and praying we may get to meet some special blog friends from Missouri! 
If not now.....maybe later!


15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope you have an awesome trip, and return with lots of photos!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I never heard of Horsemint!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!

Deanna Rabe

Anonymous said...

You will have a wonderful time, and write about it so we can enjoy your journey!😍 Love you! Trudy

Ann said...

My ex in-laws went to Branson a couple times and would talk about how much they loved it there. Have a great trip.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoy your trip to Branson, Linda, but I already know that you and Louis Dean will have a wonderful time and that the music will be great too! packing light is always a challenge, but we are getting better at it all the time.

MadSnapper said...

I last packed a suitcase in June 2008.. I am thinking now I should drag them out and see if they are covered in MOLD. ha ha
have a great time in Branson.. hope you get to meet your blog friend.
So happy you had your special day with Amber and her family..
even though you have two homes, I am sure the bed at your first home is much more comfy than the girl bunk..

Changes in the wind said...

Wishing you a wonderful time....

photowannabe said...

Have a wonderful time in Branson, I know you will.
Enjoy the music and the company...looking forward to all of your photos.
Sue

Vonda said...

Have a great time in Branson. It's one of my favorite places. So many great shows and friendly people. Enjoy!
Vonda

Sharon said...

Oh Linda
you make me feel as if I am standing still ! You go girl and have all the fun you can.
Can’t wait to hear all about Branson. It’s on my list for someday
Sharon Kelly from nj

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Rita said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Have a fabulous trip! I know you will! Lots of hugs to you both!

BeachGypsy said...

I hope y'all had a safe trip and are having SO MUCH FUN IN BRANSON!! We went once or twice, it was a fun place. Glad y'all are getting to go! You asked if I missed the city......NO, NO NO! ha ha ha LOL. We visit often and that is enough for us, although I do truly loved living in Charleston, I wouldn't move back. Happy holiday my friend!!