Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Monday Sunflowers... Tuesday Treasures.....Wednesday Blooms

Sunday was an at home day.
I try not to schedule too many 'events' back to back with Louis Dean so we did not go to church but worshiped from home.
I mailed in our tithes and offerings and Louis Dean and I spent a peaceful day here.
We did some work in the yard - weed popping with the popper Doug Stiegler and Reaoma gifted me many years ago.
I so enjoy these homely days....puttering around and doing this chore and that and taking breaks in the gazebo with a glass of tea.


It was an early night to bed for me and I left Louis Dean up watching a western movie.
I figured out how to help him turn the TV off.....or actually to 'pause' it.
We put half of a green sticker dot on the 'pause' button.
Praise God that is working for us now!!

Monday was another 'at home' day  - and I do dearly love these!!


Brenda has inspired me to go ahead and decorate with sunflowers - of which I have many!
This is the perpetual tree in the den.... changed from season to season.


The den table all ready to host a luncheon for four!


A shower curtain can double as a chair cover with a little imagination.


I caught up with Blue Bloods while putting out my sunflowers.


Sweeet Samantha is Queen of any pillow she can find!


The sunflower theme will last all spring and summer and all through the fall...


Come August I will add fall foliage to the decorations.

Wednesday matched a record high of 95 degrees!


Praise God for AC and for average billing which is such a blessing to our budget!


Sunflowers make me smile!

I left the house Tuesday morning at 11:30 and did not come back until 6:30!
Brenda and I took her sweet furry babies to the beauty shop in Lewisville and shopped three thrift stores plus had lunch before picking them up and coming home.

We had a great time and it did me good to get out of the house for seven hours.
Louis Dean did well entertaining himself putting together his new lawn mower and then cutting the front yard!

I unloaded all my treasures after I rested awhile and visited with Ilene and Louis Dean.
Ilene has been walking faithfully while I have not. Instead I've been doing yardwork and cleaning closets and forever pulling weeds!


I was too tired to do a real photo op of my haul but you get the idea that we found a LOT of good 'stuff!'


Several things I bought are put up for gifts - so no pics.


My favorite prize of the day was an almost full bottle of Dolce Gabbana fragrance!
Priced at $86 - I got it for $18!
Win!  WIN!!

Today I continued to sort, purge and organize every cupboard and drawer in the bedroom and guest room. My entire back seat of the car is full of donations to drop off at Goodwill tomorrow.


I love my mornings in the gardens.....


Everything is blooming now and thriving! The intense has not arrived yet and I am praying for a mild summer.....we haven't had one in years and years!


Even my weeds are pretty!
I never pull these since they are so attractive!

For whatever reason, Louis Dean doesn't seem to get hungry until late afternoon.
That's not good for him so I fix him a meal around midday and I simply take it to him in his music room.


He always thanks me and proceeds to eat it.
If  I ask him first, he'll say he's not hungry - so I don't ask anymore.
Oatmeal, bacon and skinny bagel!


Louis Dean has been busy in his room all day long!
He takes things apart and then puts them back together again.
It's good therapy and he enjoys doing it.


Dinner tonight!
I bought a chicken/artichoke entree at Aldi, fresh sweet potatoes and a good salad.
LD loves cucumbers and I try to serve them every day.
Garlic toast is MY favorite!

Tomorrow I am going to tackle my closets!
I have three!

I also have a doctor appointment with my urologist in the afternoon.
They have a new office and location so I baked them a cake!


Pistachio Crack Cake



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your sunflowers.
They make your house a home.
Glad you are figuring out how to work with Louis Dean in this new chapter of life
You are such a wonderful person, always sharing and bringing goodies wherever you go.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a good idea to put a sticker on the remote. Your den table is gorgeous! I love your basket of sunflowers and things, and will likely be copying it! Those weeds are so pretty! And that makes them NOT weeds to my way of thinking!

Kathy said...

Are you sure those are weeds in your garden? They are so pretty. I am loving your sunflowers all over the place. So bright and cheerful. Just like you.

MadSnapper said...

reading about LD taking things apart and putting them back together made me remember a dear sweet 93 year old lady in the home where my dad was. she had a doll, it looked like a real baby, and it had on a real diaper with pins, like i used on my kids and a tshirt . it was always on her lap, shoulder or cuddled in her arms. she would lay it on her lap, undress it, prentend to wash it and then dress it. over and over and over. I found out from her family she worked her entire life in a day care with the babies. she was in that time period.
great idea on the dot marker. I love sunflowers and they are joyful flowers.

Sandi said...

Why is it called crack cake?

I love your sunflower tree and, I have to say, the bright red cushion on your outdoor chair! 🌹

I hope you get your mild summer.

Changes in the wind said...

You are a treasure.....

Debby said...

I enjoy sunflowers too. Everything looks so festive and I hope you get a mild summer. I agree with the commenter above me - you are a treasure! 🌻🌻🌻🌻

photowannabe said...

I see that my comment from FaceBook came here as anonymous.
Its just me Sue from photowannabe
love your post and that cake looks divine.
Sue

Rita said...

Sunflowers are so cheery!
I see you found a bunch of candles again. Nice!
Nice that LD can always find things to keep him busy and happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers are perfect for Summer and Fall! You are an inspiration to me, Linda! You choose joy and thankfulness!

Deanna Rabe

Chatty Crone said...

I read this and I feel in shock. Honest - I have no idea whatsoever how you do all this. You are amazing.
Glad Hubs can stay alone safely right now.
I love sunflowers.
Good deal on the perfume too!

Arlene G said...

Do what makes you happy Linda....I think as we get older we have to take things a day at a time as to how we are feeling and make adjustments as needed. I am hoping to get out my patriotic decor when we return from Grimmwood next week. Hard to believe Summer is almost here!

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your days. Have a great weekend! Love, Trudy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My favorite flower is Sunflowers so I really enjoyed seeing your decor today. It will last all summer into fall for sure ! Your prize in finding that perfume amazes me. It's a favorite of mine and I've been putting off getting some due to the price.. I'm glad Louis Dean is doing so well and can stay on his own so you can enjoy your shopping trips with Brenda. Hope you have a good summer! I enjoy the weather we are having today in the mid 89's. Just right! Take good care!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your sunflowers look so petty and cheery.