Monday, March 20, 2023

Country Meals.....

Sunday was so good!
We slept late and watched Fellowship Church online while sipping coffee.

We rallied round and Sherry came down to follow us back to Gabino's Tire in Hillsboro to leave our truck for the repairs to the ball joint, tie rods and front brakes plus two more new tires.

On our way back to the ranch, we stopped at the Lone Star Cafe for a late lunch!


They serve up a really good margarita!


Sherry is NOT a fan of getting her picture taken.....


but Louis Dean took them anyway!!
She is as cute as she is kind and a more beautiful soul you will never find.


She and Louis Dean both ordered the chicken fried steak but with less gravy on hers!


I opted for a house salad with Ranch dressing.....


and a loaded baked potato which I brought home with me.

It was a luxurious Sunday evening with reading and hot showers and wine sitting in front of the Dearborn heater. We both slept like babies and didn't wake up until late this Monday morning.

Louis Dean and I had our coffee and reading by the heater in the bathroom and we each had a cinnamon roll I had brought from the freezer at home. 


For a brunch kind of meal, I made us some bacon/lettuce/tomato/onion/avocado sandwiches.


Oh, so good!!!

Today Louis Dean put the pond back together - the wind had blown it up and out of the ground but all he had to do was put it back together. Win! WIN!!!


It was a cold day in the country, so I stayed inside and did housework things.
Amber gifted me with this candle last year when they were here on Spring Break.
It has been a good candle and burned down with no loss of wax.
As I write this journal entry tonight, that candle is just about at the end of its life.
I never once had to push the wax down so it would burn evenly.
I wish all my candles were like this!

It's been a warm and cozy evening here at the camper/cabin tonight.


Louis Dean serenaded me with love songs before I served up our supper.


Tuna salad on toasted bread with a glass of Chardonnay.
Life is beautiful, and we are blessed to be here in the country!




21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like you are getting a lot of good rest and food!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a relaxing time in the country. And of course lots of good food. Louis Dean looks about 60 years old in that last photo with the guitar.

Rita said...

Lots of good food, good company, and hope the hubby's truck runs fantastically well after all the fixing up it is getting. :) :)

Sandy in Alaska said...

Your time there really sounds quality country and so relaxing. I love the food pictures....specially the one of country fried steak etc. Reminds me of my Texas days ....I was raised in Pasadena & adult life lived in Houston [ugh!] and Pasadena and Deer Park. I think since being in Alaska I have fixed country fried steak and gravy one time. It was insanity because I had a very small cast iron skillet and there was six of us with the hottest day in summer that I can remember. It turned out really good tho. Memories are such huge blessings and I'm so thankful God added them to us! I do envy your pics of Whataburger....my favorite of all times! We have none of them. Yet. I am enjoying your posts so much, Miss Linda! God bless you and your Mr. Louis Dean!

Hootin Anni said...

And...dear Linda...we are blessed with YOUR friendship! (Notice the heart in the slice of avocado?)

MadSnapper said...

the photos of Shari are precious and oh so cute, I can almost here her giggles. I don't like others taking my photo either. I do my selfies because I keep taking until I get one I like and delete the others. sometimes it takes 10 of them to get one I can post.
its cold here too. 47 right now at our leaving for a walkm with 15 mph winds to make it feel even colder, brrrr, but we will warm up when the sun comes up,.
as always enjoyed your journal of your day. glad you got the truck there and are getting it repaired

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It looks like you all are eating very good. I've been having salads out eating lately too. They are one thing I don't have to worry about having too much sugar or salt on them. It's good to have a warm place on a chilly day. You are getting just what you need with plenty of rest there.

Vee said...

Love days when waking can be easy and leisurely. Retirement is a good thing. Now I had a tuna sandwich this week and it looked nothing like yours. Your food always looks so delicious.

Donna said...

Sounds like you both are having a great time in the country!
Love the Lone Star Steak House...good eats.
Be warm!
hugs
Donna

Arlene G said...

It has been cold here too Linda but hopefully this is the last day of it! Then 70s and 80s. I am not sure I am ready for the 80s but I will take that over the cold!! Lone Star is one of our favorites as well.

Deanna Rabe said...

What a blessing these peaceful days are to the soul.

Your food looks good, simple and delicious!

Chatty Crone said...

I don't like my photo being taken either.
I love country fried steak and gravy - but I have to say it looked like a heart attack waiting for me to eat. Wish I could.

photowannabe said...

You are so blessed..good family, good food, good friends and a wonderful place to live at the Ranch.
Its good for your soul.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Looks like such a cozy and lovely place to be together. I am so happy for you to have such a place to get away to and just relax and enjoy. Your meals always look SO good!! Thank you for sharing your time with us. What a blessing. Oh, to have love songs sung for you while you cook! Now that's sweet!!!! God bless you both.

Stacy said...

What a lovely time of peace and rest and enjoying each other's company. I agree with the others who have said your are indeed richly blessed!

Carole said...

White gravy is not common here - what flavour is it? Cheers

LC said...

Lovely food, lovely surroundings, lovely relationships and lovely Linda!
LC at retirementdaze.com

MELODY JACOB said...

Great, you are getting good food and rest.
(https://www.melodyjacob.com)

BeachGypsy said...

EVERYTHING tastes better in the country doesn't it??? LOL especially BLTs----or bacon and FRESH eggs!! Love the picture of you with your margarita--so pretty-- love the blouse! Are you growing your hair out?

Judy said...

Country food. Country sleep. Country company. It's all good! Yes, you are blessed over there in your favorite spot in the country.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Sounds like a perfect day.