Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Our Labor Free Labor Day!!

 This was a FUN day with next to NO labor involved!


We joined Amber and the kids at Hawaiian Falls for their final day of the 2021 season.
This was Granddad's first, last and only visit to the water park this year.


We went all out and bought food from the concession stands - pulled pork sandwich with fries for me and a messy but delicious chili dog for Louis Dean. 


We had a lot of fun!
Louis Dean and I spent a good amount of time in the Lazy River and we even went in the kiddie area and stood under the giant bucket that dropped water on our heads - twice! 
I went in the wave pool while he rested on the lounger and then we all got snowcones.
Asked what flavor he wanted, he said, "A blue one!"

BUT, he never got around to riding one of the slides with me. That's okay, Trystan invited me to ride with her and then she and I went back in the Lazy River for another round or two.
While Trystan and I were in line for the slide, she said, "I think Granddad is in a really good mood today!" She was right.
It was a really good day!


So good that we closed the park down!
That big screen was entertainig throughout the afternoon with music videos and lots of Hawaiian music and scenery. So much so that Louis Dean and I are thinking of going to Hawaii in a couple of years.
I've been there several times but he has not.
As a matter of fact, as he and I relaxed on the loungers, we planned our next several vacations.
We already have plans to go to a dude ranch in Arkansas next month - and we are SO looking forward to that! Rayne, Sabrina and Summer will be there, too!
Next September or October, we will tour the New England area for the fall folliage. Once again, I have done this before but he hasn't. 
Then in 2023 when I turn 75, we are planning on renting a beach house in Galveston for a week.....or going to Hawaii.
I'm thinking our last  big vacation was the Alaskan cruise and cross country road trip home.
If we don't plan it - we will never do it! And we need to go places and see things while we can!

It was 7:00 when we got home this evening and we each did a little bit of 'doing.'
He's repairing an outlet in the front yard and I puttered in the den for an hour or so.
Together we watched this movie.....


I had turned the TV on to watch a recorded program and this was on.
Thinking that since it was a western.....and one I might actually enjoy.......I paused it so we could watch it together. We were over halfway through it when Louis Dean asked, "Do you really want to watch this?" Of course, I did! And we finished the movie but the problem was, he couldn't follow it.
I think he must have missed a few critical moments because he never figured out some of the key plots.
It was more than a notch or two UP from Gunsmoke!
Since we were not really laboring today, we then watched a Closer and I started on tonight's journal entry. I can multi task!

The kitchen has been clean and decorated for quite awhile now and it happened that it was still clean tonight! Or mostly so.....


I got rid of the long rugs I had in there.....too many floods and I just didn't want them anymore.
I think I would like one oval rug in front of the stove, though, so I am going to be looking for that.


I love my new counter tops but I still keep them covered in debris. 
I'm not hiding anything, though. I find I use all my pretty fall dishes more when I see them there on the counter.




I depend on this planner area to keep up with schedules, appointments and my to do list!


I love seeing all my pretty things!


Table for two!




The laundry room is not as over decorated as it was the last couple of years.
Maybe I am scaling back a tiny bit!
Or loading up other areas instead.


I love the big magnets that cover the dishwasher.
I took two down to the ranch last visit and put one on the fridge front and the other on the side.


I don't normally use paper plates but I found these pretty ones at the Dollar store in Mart.
Of the 30 September morns.....I still have 23 more!

While I love everything about FAll......
 I love September most of all!




14 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

The kitchen looks so pretty and I love those pretty napkins.
It's as, go ahead and make plans and hopefully, they will all come to fruition! You two look so cute at the pool!!
πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜

Hootin Anni said...

I hope this covid is long gone so your travel plans DO pan out. I heard (or read) that Hawaii is telling us mainlanders to stay home. I'd love to go back there!!!

Your kitchen & decor looks awesome!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You sure had fun at the water park! And got lots of great photos. Love the one of the two of you holding on to each other. How sweet! Beautiful home decorations too!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. Looks like you had a great Labor Day with Amber and her family. THat Hawaiian themed park looks like a fun place. I always think your house is so fun and interesting. Hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Vee said...

You two are fun grandparents! If I were invited to a water park, well, I'm just not sure if I'd go. I did allow my grandson to drive my car the two hours home from his aunt's last night. That's as much fun as I can handle. 😁

Changes in the wind said...

Spending the day at the water park was the best plan yet and so glad that LD went and had a good time as well. Love those paper plates and it fits right in with your fall theme.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree it is important to make plans so that we do things. You've made more trips than I have and seen more. I mostly stayhight here in Oho. It's a beautiful state though and has lots to see. I'm so enjoying all your decorations. I'm still working on mine. You are having a wonderful September and it's certainly not over.

MadSnapper said...

what a perfect way to spend labor day with the quads and it all looks and sounds like great fun.
Bob is having a hard time with movie plots, each year older he gets, the ones that have intricate plots, i miss some of it while explaining what is goig on. most of the time when he starts to struggle I turn it off.
we watche all 4 of the hunger games. he liked to the first one but slept through the other 3. I usally don't watch anything he doesn't like but i really wanted to see them

photowannabe said...

You sure had a delightful Labor Day. How wonderful to be with the Quads and feel like a kid yourself. Glad LD went and had such a good time too.
Definitely make plans and do as much as you can while you can..don't live with regrets.
We would love to get back to Hawaii too. Right now they don't want the MainLanders there due to Covid. My son's PhotoCon convention and workshops were cancelled in Hawaii. So disappointing and the loss of revenue can never be made up.
Your home is so warm and full of September Morns. Decorate and do what gives you pleasure.
Sue of photowannabe
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is that one huge magnet that covers the entire dishwasher? Wow, it is gorgeous, and what a good idea. I do hope you will both go to Hawaii, and you do need to plan ahead, or it likely won't happen, like you say.

Deanna Rabe said...

Fun times! I’m glad you’re planning vacations! Let’s live our lives!

I love your fall decor. Warm and cozy!

Carole said...

You have lovely fridge magnets - I was so sorry to find when we moved to our house that the fridge/dishwasher etc were stainless steel - and no magnets would stick! Cheers

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a great family gathering to celebrate the last holiday of summer! it looks like you all had such a fun time too even with closing down the part.

It was fun to read about your future vacation planning, Linda, and when you do decided to tour New England for the foliage as "leaf peppers" plase be sure to let me know in advance. We would enjoy meeting you and Louis Dean and willing to travel for a meet-up too!

Eva said...

Hey, Linda--we haven't chatted in a while! I saw your comment about a Galveston vacation--just wanted you to know (if you don't already) that after Labor Day most of the beach rentals are half price! It's a great time to go because the beach isn't so crowded with school going on, and you can get a rental closer to the beach, as well as it being a smidge cooler sometimes! It's also worth it to look into one of the areas on the Bolivar peninsula, around Crystal, if you don't mind to ride the ferry back and forth to town. That can be fun in itself. There are a few good restaurants on the peninsula, but no shopping.
Always enjoy your blog, my friend!

Eva