Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Tuesday's Treasures and Wednesday Things.....

Tuesday is Senior Citizen Discount days at our local thrift stores!


My friend, Dee, used to live about an hour away and has recently moved to an assisted living place just 15 minutes from my house!
While no one is allowed IN there - other than the residents - Dee can come OUT!


So I picked her up and we headed out to a Goodwill right there in Lewisville.
We each scored with a few treasures!
Dee was in the market for a small toolbox.
She found the perfect one but couldn't see the price. 
She asked a gentleman who worked there and he opened it up and saw the price - but it was pretty high! He said, "No, that's not right!" He went back and checked it out and then came back to her and said, "Well, I found it online and there's nothing wrong with it so it's $39.99!"
He was joking!!!  After he had fun with Dee, he came over and found me and told me the same story!
He was so much fun!
We will be back in for no other reason than to laugh with this funny man!

Dee treated me to lunch at Ham and Eggs - a place right there on Round Grove Road.
They close at 12:30 and we arrived at exactly that time.
The owner was very gracious and invited us to come on in and eat.
Talk about safe social distancing - we were the ONLY two customers in there!
The food was delicious and we bought ordered the BLT's with French Fries.
This was her second visit as she and her son Patrick ate there not long ago.
Son Patrick is married to my niece, Leah.

We hit up the Salvation Army - again right there on Round Grove Road - and then we both decided we were tired. I dropped Dee off at came home - stopping at Irving Thrift on Beltline - where I found some sheets to use as backings on the quilts I'm making.

Here's my treasures......


This purse looks brand new and I am changing my things out to use it this weekend.


A plastic pitcher perfect for tea - even though it says Coca-Cola.


I love memoirs - especially food ones!


I loved this sign that came with the holder.


The red sheet is for Jaxon's quilt and the LOVE one for Bella's.


I can't tell you how comfy this navy blue dress is!
I could sleep in it! 
Never mind that it shows my lumps and bumps but I will wear a long flowing top over it.


This super quality top was a real find.
I slipped it over my head and felt like $$$!


Two fall tea glasses that I will use at the kitchen table setting - tomorrow!


I love this tablecloth my sister, Nita, gave me for my birthday a few years ago.
I used it in the gazebo one year but I don't want it to fade so I only ise it inside the house now.


The best treasure was this glider!
It will go in the gazebo and now we have his and her gliders!


I have started my fall decorating.......and I love seeing all my stuff again!


Can you see the kitty in the middle of these leaves?
They love anything that's new to them!


Tonight's dinner was courtesy of Louis Dean!
He made the fattest juiciest burgers with all the fixings.
Except mustard! How does anyone run out of mustard?
I get so confused about what I have here and what is in the pantry at the ranch!

The temps have cooled down to just HOT now and it is so much easier to breathe.

We have one more day here before we go back to the country for a few days.
This morning Louis Dean went to the doctor - after I had rescheduled it THREE times!
Never mind that I got confused last week and sent him to the doctor on Wednesday afternoon!
He said they all laughed about me sending him on the wrong day!




15 comments:

Carole said...

Love that gratitude sign. Cheers

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am assuming that Louis Dean got a good report at the doctor. That may be why he is eating those fat burgers! How on earth did you get this glider home? I guess they loaded it in the car for you. It is perfect for the two of you. But my favorites are the Fall glasses and pretty top.

Linda said...

I was driving the big white truck!!!!

Bluebird49 said...

Love that glider, too! I'm glad Dee could get out with you for awhile. I know that made her feel better. 💕t
Louis Dean seemed to be pretty happy with those burgers, even if there was no mustard. Ed got such a huge container for us last time we needed some, I need two hands to shake it up. It will be awhile before we use it up! I try to keep spares of condiments, and salt, pepper and baking items. Still, I manage to come up without something I need sometimes. And while I'm thinking about it, I do need to get sugar on the list!
I'd forgotten you all were going back so soon. I hope the roof will help cool youall.
Oh, I had to look good to see the kitten in the leaves! Those two will be as ready as you two to see the country again.
Seems like you have more time to write from the ranch, but maybe I'm wrong. Sure am glad Lillian got to see you!
💕💕

Kathy said...

I have to go to your thrift stores. We don't have anything like that here. At least I can't find them. Even you would have trouble finding good buys here. I am in love with those glasses. So pretty!

Have a safe drive back to the ranch.

Susie said...

Linda, So fun that you got to shop with Dee. I liked the story of the Goodwill worker. There's a fellow at the gas station where we get our papers said 82 dollars for two papers...I said well here's $3.50 I'll have to pay the rest later ok? He's funny like that. LD is cute as can be at the dinner table. What a good cook. Blessings to all of you, be safe in that heat. xoxo,love you guys, Susie

Arlene G said...

So glad your friend is nearby.. Loved going thrifting with you!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's nice you're friend can get out and still go with you. What fun finds you found! I like them all. And your house is really beginning to look like fall. So cute the kitty cleeping in the leaves. Take care and keep safe there. Glad it's cooled down to hot. I can't imagine the heat you have. It's a beautiful 83 degree day here.

Changes in the wind said...

Nothing like lunch with a friend and some shopping. The glider is perfect, glad you found it.

Robyn said...

HI Linda!
I'm hoping Louis Dean made out alright at the doctor?... Wow you found some amazing items. Love the handbag and the clothing you found. I also liked the pitcher even if it does say coke on it.. LOL... I was really happy to read that Dee is able to leave her facility. So many many people who are living in these facilities, it's almost like they are in prison and it's hurting them in so many ways. Something needs to be done about it.. It was really nice of that restaurant owner to let you have lunch anyway.. It's good to be able to get out for a while with a friend and not worry about every day life!..

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Hamburgers are my favorite meal! And I love those tall tea glasses. I drink my water and tea in pretty vintage glasses. Enjoy your day! Stay cool!

MadSnapper said...

You have a real talent for finding the best things in the thrift stores! I love that glider and we were talking about a couple of nights ago that every house used to have a glider on the front porch. Have not seen one in years and would love to have one

photowannabe said...

As others have said..your finds are amazing. I can never find those types of treasures at our thrift stores.
The glider was the prize purchase.
I love sitting in a glider. It will be perfect for you at the ranch.
People with a sense of humor sure make shopping a pleasure...love that man's attitude.
Stay cool and happy Fall Debris.
Sue

Rain said...

Hi Linda :)) I love your Coca Cola pitcher! What a neat find! And those fall tea glasses are beautiful! Oooh the burgers look good, but yeah, they need mustard! ;)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thrift stores are always fun places and favorites of mine, or used to be before the pandemic. The Salvation Army Family Store here in Nashua closed down a few months ago 😟 and it was my favorite place, aways found a great deal there. That said, it was fun to see the deals that you and Dee found. That glider reminded me of one that my husband said his family had on their front porch years back. I have not even begun to think about fall decor, yet, but will be putting some outside our apt doorway by the start of Sept. The hamburgers looked great and we use mayo vs. mustard on ours.