Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Fun Like a PARTY!!

While I don't have a Christmas Bucket List like my friend Debbie does at It's All About Purple,
I am counting all my Christmas Activities.
Celebrating December First was Activity  #1.
Today was my second!


Lunch at Campo Verde!
This is such a fun place to see any time of the year but Christmas is even EXTRA special!


Meet my friend, Virginia!
She and I met at First Christian Church several years ago and I treasure her friendship.
We made plans a week or two ago to have lunch here.
(If you don't PLAN it, you will never DO it!)
She picked me up at 12:30 and we were there by 1:00.
Campo Verde is in Arlington so it's not far.
This was her first visit here and I think she was truly impressed!


Along with our delicious Margarita, I ordered Lunch Plate #4 - a small taco salad, tiny cup of tortilla soup, rice and beans!


Virginia ordered the Taco lunch plate.
Both were excellent.


We spent an hour and a half just eating and chatting.


You may not be able to tell what this is in the photo but in person it was obvious!
It's a peacock!


They keep Christmas lights up here year round but even more so at Christmas!


It is just so much fun!!


I felt like we had been at a party!
It was a bit shocking when we left to see that we were back in the real world!

But we immediately found another wonderland to visit.


Decorator's Warehouse is just down the street from Campo Verde.


It was all so beautiful!


White lights are my favorite and these are such special ones.
So special that the price shocked me!


A tiny glimpse of what we saw....


We didn't buy one single thing!
There was so much to choose from - way too many choices!


When we got back here, Louis Dean was loading an old washing machine in the truck all by himself!
He doesn't just use brute strength but physics.
He knows how to make things work.

It has been such a nice day!
We came in and all had tea together and talked some more.
Louis Dean introduced Virginia to Jessy Dixon by way of YouTube.

I get to see Virginia three times this month!
That's 3 Christmas Experiences we will share!

I took today off just to party but I did make the first small dent in getting the sewing room cleaned up. Will get down to serious business on that room tomorrow.
This evening we watched Rick Steves Special: European Christmas.
I think I can count that as Experience #3!

I hope y'all are enjoying December as much as I am!!

22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What gorgeous places!! They are like a mini Disneyland or a fairyland!! This must have been such a perfect day, made even better to see it all with a friend!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I really like your pretty new background.

Chatty Crone said...

I love your background too. I need to fix mine up, but I seem to have no time.
So how do you stay so little and yet you are always eating delicious meals with friends!

Bluebird49 said...

Talk about a colorful world! What a fun day, and I'm so glad for all your great Christmas experiences! Every day finds you enjoying another experience, but YOU put the fun into it!

Stacy said...

Wow! That restaurant has a lot of lights. I wonder if you took the roof off if you could see it from space? lol It looks amazing, though, and I'd love to see it. The same goes for that decorating store. Gorgeous displays! As for enjoying December, I have a ton of Christmas spirit this year, but haven't had any chances to get out to places like that yet. I hope I get to, but the season seems so short...only 22 days to go!

Carol said...

What a beautiful place to eat! I think I could spend days in that shop. I am enjoying the holiday season, but I really need to finish decorating. Maybe tomorrow, but I don't know as I have to get ready for a pink zebra show on Friday.

Deanna Rabe said...

I am enjoying December! Today is our son in law's birthday, and Tim's sisters' birthday! So fun!

That restaurant looks amazing! Keep having fun!

Tina said...

Those places are amazing! You are so lucky to have places like that to visit during the Christmas season where you live! That taco salad looks good too, that's what I always order every time we go out for Mexican food! I'm inspired and will have to think of some local places to visit and add to my Christmas experiences! The season is so short so we'd better hurry up and enjoy it! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Vee said...

You know what I noticed most? You are dressed so festively, which follows Susan Branch’s advice to a T and that is to be “an elf” spreading Christmas cheer just by looking your best. Believe me, this is a challenge for me when I go out in December, but I do try. 🀢🏼 I am glad that you had such a happy day and that you are looking forward to more. You are right! If you don’t plan it, it won’t happen.

Changes in the wind said...

Such a pretty place and love the lunch plates, great idea. Love, love the picture with the decorations and the old truck. If you made a bucket list it would be 6 pages long:)

MadSnapper said...

they could rename the restaurant or the warehouse, Linda's Dreamscape. you fit so well in both places, cozy and full of lights and decorations. glad you had a Dec delight with your friend and came home to no baking mess in the kitchen. ha ha.... that warehouse is a delight in the video

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think every day should be like 'chrisoms and we should celebrate every day.. How nice it ws for you to spend time with your friend. It's the most wonderful time of the year and you are doing your best to make it so!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is every day should be like Christmas!

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh Linda, what a simply GORGEOUS place! I have goosebumps just looking at the pictures. And the food looks delicious too. So glad you got to go with your friend. Love, Andrea xoxo

The Feminine Energy said...

PS~ I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your Christmas background on your blog page. Love it!!!

Carole said...

I wasn't familiar with rick steves but have now ordered one of his shows from the library. btw I have just finished reading the BFG by Roald Dahl - what a delightful book - have your grandkids read it? Cheers

photowannabe said...

Your Journal is always so bright and cheery.
I love that you can do things with your friends and eat yummy food too.
Glad you are feeling better so you can get out a bit.

Judy said...

Wow. Decorator's Warehouse is amazing! It sounds like you had a fun day all around...from lunch with a good friend to a Rick Steve's European Special! My day was not nearly so Christmassy. :)

Kathy said...

The place you went for lunch certainly does look magical. I would love to visit a place like that. And I know what you mean about having too many choices so you don't buy anything. Now I have to go look for that Rick Steeves special.

BeachGypsy said...

Love that picture of you at the table with Virginia! Pretty ladies. Wow that place looks like a blast!!---so much color and so many neat things to look at!! Sure looks fun. And the food looked good too. Glad you got to go. Hope your week is going well and wow, it's nearly Friday already. HOW IS YOUR KNEE?????

Susie said...

Linda, I love that you find joy just about everywhere. I really like that you share it with us too. Looks like a fun time for you and Virginia. I adore that old truck stuck in the middle of Christmas decorations. Blessings to you and LD, xoxo, love, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, Linda, we are also enjoying December and only wish it would last longer! What a nice visit with your friend, Virginia. I always have such great times and shared memories when able to see long time friends so well know the feeling.