Sunday, February 3, 2019

Saturday Work Day and Super Bowl Sunday!

Our poor gazebo has taken a beating and a lot of neglect lately.
A fall hail storm put numerous small holes in the top that Louis Dean covered with duct tape.


Then large hunks of bark falling from the dead elm tree ripped a couple of big tears in the cover.
Then the screened curtains are shredded from squirrels, garland ripping into it and who knows what!
The only things in fairly good shape are the rain curtains.
When we bought this gazebo, we bought an extra set of cover, screens and curtains at the same time but we would rather not put them on until after the spring storms, if possible!
And we need to have tree people out to top off the elm so it won't continue to drop limbs and bark.
Who knew bark could be so destructive?
He worked out there with duct tape and spray adhesive while I continued to store away Christmas.
We went to bed Saturday night tired but happy to have had such a productive day.
Plugging away will get it done - sooner or later!

Fellowship in Grapevine......


I love this church!
It's not really an old people's church - but then it is.
It's our church.

As soon as we have one cup of coffee on Sunday morning, Louis Dean goes in his music room and turns on You Tube. He dearly loves You Tube!

Jessy Dixon

While we get dressed, he's playing glorious gospel music that makes our hearts swell up inside us.


After church I hit up the Dollar store for a couple of things I needed to cook with today.
My goodness! The Dollar stores keep expanding until now they have just about everything except fresh produce!

My Super Bowl menu included a cake!


Pam (Reaoma's daughter) sent me this clipping from the newspaper.
I made the cake just for her....


and I am happy to say it turned out great!
Pam was our one and only Super Bowl Party guest - we had a party for three.
She was the designated cake taste tester.
Other food included.....


Jalapeno Poppers!


Jalapeno Jelly over cream cheese.....
and lots of hot wings!


Louis Dean loves Hot Wings!
These are HOT Hot Wings!


And these are spicy pineapple hot wings.
We also had potato salad and baked beans to round out the menu.


Louis Dean was a happy man!!
And I think he was looking particularly handsome, don't you?

It was a fun evening and I am shocked I didn't get a photo of Pam tonight!
So who were YOU rooting in the Super Bowl?
Pam was wanting the Rams to win - as did most other people I talked to.
We may be in the minority but Louis Dean and I are both Tom Brady and Coach Belichick fans!
And I think Tony Romo hit the ball out of the park in his announcing tonight.
What a great year he's had commentating. I love listening to him.


Just when we thought the day was as good as it was going to get......
our sweet neighbor - who has a baking career on the side - brought over some cheesecake.
Oh, my.......

Now I am licking my lips and heading back to the kitchen to finish up a batch of potato soup to take to Summer's tomorrow.


She's going to have surgery for three hernias Monday afternoon.
I'll be going over right after our stupor time, coffee and devotionals to take her to the hospital.
When I asked her what she would like me to fix for her to eat later  - she said potato soup and fluffy salad. You know the cottage cheese/Cool Whip/Pineapple/Fruit kind of salad.
Comfort food.

Now I better get that soup finished!
Then Louis Dean and I are going to close out this night in the gazebo with a nice glass of wine.
The weather is perfect for sitting outside.
I hear it's supposed to be 80 tomorrow.
Something's just not right about that!

But before I go, may I just say thank you all for your friendships, encouragments, thoughts, prayers and messages and cards in recent days.
I do love and appreciate every one of you!
Thank you for being there for me and my family......


24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Let us know how Summer is doing. I hope the hernias are in the relative same area. Wow, your gazebo really took a beating!! Your church looks very large; what is the attendance? You had a feast for the Super Bowl!! And Louis Dean is looking his best. What more can he want than awesome food and football...

Gram said...

Praying for Summer.
DeeDee

Susie said...

Linda, I know that wonderful feeling of getting things done and out of the way. Sounds like a real productive time. The menu for the bowl game sounded tasty and hot. LOL Yes LD does look fine. Hug Summer for us, hope it all goes well. Blessings to all of you, love you, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you has a great weekend. It was finally warmer here too and the snow is melting, We are to be in the 50's just for a couple of days before we return to our normal 30's . I was able to sit on the enclosed sun porch yesterday and it felt wonderful. I'm making potato soup today, great minds think alike. I'll be praying for Summer. May she he have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery too.

Vee said...

Well I was rooting for the home team. Thank you for joining me.🏈 You had some delicious party food and, yes, Louis Dean was looking handsome, but then he always does.

Hope that the gazebo makes it through spring storms. So glad that you are hiring out for the elm tree removal. That wouldn’t be a picnic to do.

Happy Monday!

Arlene G said...

Well I let Marvin watch the Super Bowl in the man cave and I stayed downstairs, stitching and watching Victoria. From all accounts it would have been a better game had the Saints been one of the teams. New England winning every year gets old.lol Of course people said that about Alabama until this year when Clemson beat us!!

Katie Mansfield said...

We went to a Fellowship church for a while. It had amazing worship.
I'm glad we didn't get that hail storm. We had one in the spring of 16 that brought hail damage to our roof, cars and trailer. Even the grill had big dents. It looks like great food. Saying a prayer for Summer.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We didn't watch the game, we watched a movie instead. Your food looks really good! Praying for Summer! Trusting everything will go well!

MadSnapper said...

great idea to wait on the final repairs until after spring storms. he looks so cute up there applying tape... prayers for summers hernia operations and hope all goes well.. yum on the super bowl food.

Saimi said...

Everything looks so yummy!! You Superbowl it up like we do! My husband was on the Patriots side and I was for the Rams. Neither team is MY team but I had to vote for someone and since the Rams quarterback grew up in our town I had to go with the home boy. Unfortunately he was injured so the second string quarterback got to take his place. All in all it was still fun and we had a great time like you !!
Have a great week!!
Saimi

Chatty Crone said...

Looks like a really nice and big church. So those chicken wings were really hot - I love hot, but it does not love me. I hope Summer does good - I have had that repair twice - it hasn't held my away. Love your photos! Love,s andie

Rain said...

Handsome happy man! :) I LOVE chicken wings!!! I haven't had them in ages! I love the look of that cheesecake!!!

Brenda said...

Prayers for Summer!
I agree about the same teams winning!

Carole said...

All the best to Summer for her op. Hope she feels better after it. Love your Superbowl food - I watched some of it - it was Monday here but I can't say I understand it at all. Rugby is NZ's sport. Cheers

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Thank YOU!

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Susie, thank you! Been a busy time for our family and thank you again for the hug. I truly feel hugs are the best gift to another.

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Thanks for the prayers! Surgery was a huge success and good to know my liver is in great shape. Your continued prayers would be much appreciated these next few weeks.

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Thank you for the prayers. I sure need the Lord’s healing hand and in a few weeks be a much better me!

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Love your new FB profile picture! I’m thankful for your prayers. In a few weeks I’ll be better than I was before and that’s a good thing! Enjoy your snow!

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Thank you for your prayers! LD is an amazing guy and they make such a cute couple!

Mummers AKA Summer said...

This is my second hernia repair too. The first one was 20 years ago. My doctor wore cowboy boots 👢 to surgery! Gotta ❤️ Texas!

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Thank you for you prayers, very much appreciated!

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Glad to be having the hernia surgery and keep this body recycled....lol!

The Feminine Energy said...

Awwwww.... bless Summer's sweet heart. I hope all goes well with her hernia surgery. If love and good food can make things better, she's bound to be back on her feet quick... if her Mama has anything to do with it. *hugs* Your Super Bowl food looks heavenly, Linda. Those wings!! Yummo!! And yes, Louis Dean looks especially handsome in these pictures. The wings lit up his face like a beacon. :-) Love, Andrea xoxo