Saturday, December 23, 2017

Campo Verde and Cinnamon Rolls!

I'm up late writing Friday's journal entry on Saturday morning......which is the Eve of Christmas Eve.....making Friday the Eve of the Eve of Christmas Eve. 
I know! I'm kind of crazy. I was tempted to skip a post and combine Friday with Saturday but every day of this Christmas Week deserves to be remembered all by itself. 

Friday Louis Dean and I ventured out in the cold rain to do the last bit of shopping.
A stop here in Irving and then on to Arlington to have lunch at Campo Verde.
I used my Waze navigational app and Liam Neeson's voice to give me the directions!
That was so much fun! We had to go in 'stealth mode' twice!
I had been using the Santa Claus voice but Louis Dean thought it sounded spooky!


We first discovered Campo Verde when my son, Jesse, and his family brought us here one day.
We have loved it ever since!


They have spectacular lights up year round!


It's very impressive and a truly fun place!


The trees are up for Christmas but the lights and tinsel stay.


The food is great and there's a lot of it!
Fajitas for Two will make a few extra meals for us!
As sexy as Liam's voice is - I opted to take the back roads home as it was nearing 5:00.
We saw a small Walmart Market on our way to the restaurant, so we stopped at that for the few extra things we were needing for our recipes. The only thing about coming home the back way was that I could only do it from my son's house in Arlington. So I used Liam to get us to their neighborhood and then I took over from there! Win! WIN!!! No big highways and no bad traffic. It was pouring down rain - HARD rain by this time so we were glad to be going home this route.

As soon as we got in, Louis Dean changed clothes and headed to the 'Barbie' kitchen as he calls it.
He was on a mission to make Cinnamon Rolls.


He must concentrate and can't be distracted when he bakes.


See that bowl of butter he just softened in the microwave?
He softened a LOT of butter this evening and it was everywhere!


So was flour. Mixed with the butter on his hands and his hands were on the handles of the oven, microwave, refrigerator, the cupboard doors - you get the idea!


The only thing he did NOT touch was the dishwasher handle.
He doesn't use the dishwasher!


Baking makes Louis Dean happy and what he bakes makes other people happy!


And that includes me.


The rolls are for Christmas morning. All of us siblings and spouses and family members that can come gather at Nita and Mike's house and we have a huge breakfast spread.


Plus he made plenty to give away.....
some to his Geek Squad, to friends and family.


He always asks me to make the frosting.
I used to sprinkle pecans on top and realized tonight that we don't do that anymore.
Son in law Mike prefers them without the nuts and we got in the habit of leaving them off.

It's been a wonderful day! I was up at 8:00 - again - and it is close to 1:00 in the morning now.
Our washing machine is out and Neighbor Stephanie offered to let me use her machine tonight for a couple of loads. It is absolutely amazing how happy piles of clean clothes makes me!
I hear Louis Dean in his music room practicing his favorite new love song. He told me he was going to bed! I'm hoping I can get in a quick hot shower and get there first. It's cold and a hot shower will feel good. We haven't turned our heat on and the temps are dipping down to 37 degrees tonight. I just mended my now sheer flannel nightgown and I'm going to throw it in the dryer for a few minutes and then put it on when I get out of the shower. I'm afraid this will be it's last winter. I'm going to miss it next year.






13 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Oh, you had a mess in that kitchen, I'm sure--- of course, Louis Dean is a good mess himself!! The countdown has begun, and I am glad you're probably finished shopping now. You two got out and went out to eat, too, just you two. I just hope you two can manage to remember each day, how very blessed you have been with one another. I know your first marriage wasn't the best, but I think God heard your prayers for the man for you. You share the same faith, and that is the very most important thing. All the rest just comes with it when the Lord is the head of your marriage.
I'm just honored to read about this amazing couple in Texas that I almost feel I know!
Enjoy! You make so many others happy!
I pray with all my heart that all of Christmas will be a blessing to you and all your family. I hope you feel like sharing it on here when it's over! I just love to come here and read!
Love, Trudy

Anonymous said...

now thats a wonderful man!!! I enjoy so much your journal entries, I feel like I'm right there with you!! The cinnamon rolls look amazing!!

MadSnapper said...

i like seeing your Barbie MAN in the Barbie kitchen, laughing now at the kitchen. got a laugh out of 'stealth mode' also.... have a wonderful holiday

Kathy said...

Happy Eve of Christmas Eve. I hope you get your washer fixed soon. I have been in that position more times than I'd like to remember. Those cinnamon rolls look good. Wish I were close enough to have one. Try to stay warm. It's getting cold here too this next week. Down in the 20s.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with you that every day of this most wonderful season of the year needs to be remembered. Those cinnamon rolls look absolutely wonderful. We've had the heat on here and the temps are about to drop into the deep freeze so it's definitely appreciated. You definitely had a long day so hope you had a good nights rest. Busy days still ahead.

Changes in the wind said...

Between cinnamon rolls and all your candles I bet your house smells wonderful!

Susie said...

Linda, LOL, I sleep in t-shirts and shorty PJ's . I will wear what I call lounge wear in the evening, till bedtime. I used to love flannel gowns when I was a kid. Your handsome sweetheart, making a buttery mess....all in the name of love. Thankfully it looks so tasty and is loved by all....making the clean up less of a job. I do not like to be on busy road in the daylight...so night driving at holiday time is out. I love my evenings at home. But I do occasionally get out for some gatherings. wishing you a sweet day there in Texas. I do think of all of you being together and enjoying your time. Hugs to everyone . Blessings, love you, xoxo, Susie

Arlene G said...

Now I want Mexican Food...and Cinnamon Rolls for Dessert. Linda, I wish you and Louis Dean a very Merry Christmas. Your blog friendship has meant so much to me over the years. Your Christmas card to me will be brought out every year and enjoyed. I love your paintings.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

You are all going to have such a wonderful visit when you gather at Nita and Mike's. Wishing you ALL a wonderful Christmas. Hugs.
Joy

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, first thing first. WHERE did you get these awesome Christmas decals for your cabinets? I must have them, and likely by the time I see them they will be at least half price! Let me guess...Goodwill? I hope not! We have had our heat running almost all month, some nights have been in the 20's! I have to concentrate when I am cooking too. It is almost impossible for me to cook more than one thing at a time now. So Phil is my sous chef. Merry Christmas, my friend. I hope this one is the bets yet. Cannot wait to see your pictures!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. How on earth did you get Liam Neeson on your Wave??

Vee said...

I’m trying to imagine a sheer flannel nighgown. 😄

Hope that the heat goes on because 37° sounds cold for your corner.

Is there anything sweeter than a man in a kitchen? I don’t think so. I cracked up that he calls the kitchen “The Barbie Kitchen.”

Enjoy your preparations, your baking, traveling, and your sleeps. Just two more to Christmas!

vaiybora said...

Enjoy your preparations, your baking, traveling, and your sleeps. Just two more to Christmas!

ดูหนังใหม่