Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Our Last Day........

We will be going home tomorrow. 
I am always a wee bit sad to leave this place.
This is really my happy place where I can simply BE and not necessarily DO. 
We totally enjoyed having Amber and Mike and the quads here!


 Sunday we regrouped and rode our bikes around, watched some Downton Abbey and ate simple but filling meals,


We went down to see the little chicks that Sherry had sent back down here.
There's something so special about seeing new life!


Louis Dean tethered the goats up around the camper to mow the lawn around here!

Monday Louis Dean and I rested most all day.
We ate simple sandwiches and watched Downton Abbey and relaxed.
We woke up late and went to bed early.
I worked a little bit on my book by putting my notes into place from the San Antonio Siblings Trip.
Mostly we napped, read, and continued to rest.....and watched Downton Abbey.

Today I worked on my book.
It does take some time and energy - emotional energy - to sink back into the past and put it all into words. I  made some good progress and am now into the 'meat' of our story which is a little draining.
From the beginning, I have asked God to guide me through this writing of our history and I do feel the guiding of the Holy Spirit as I pen the words.



This afternoon the horses came down to visit.


And I stopped to see the wildflowers.


Dean was working on the tractor and we are hoping they can get it running soon.


There's always something that needs fixing in the country.


That's Dean working.....


Meanwhile - Louis Dean was building a pretty good campfire to celebrate our last night here!


I am in the camper while LD mans the fire.
Potatoes are baking in the microwave and I have BBQ chicken wings in the small toaster oven in here in the camper. Plus I have a good salad and I made Strawberry/Banana Jello with fresh kiwi and sliced strawberries for dessert.

All that is left is to pour a glass of wine and put the food on the plates.
Dean is up here now and I love hearing him and his dad talking outside on the deck.
What a wonderful week we have had!
I am so grateful for Dean's hospitality and the blessing of being out here in the country!!





16 comments:

Deb said...

I'm so happy you get to go recharge batteries in the country 😃 Safe travels back home

Ginny Hartzler said...

You cook just as much good food in the camper as you do at home! And all the courses, too! I love the photo of Louis Dean on the bike! That is my favorite picture. I am so glad you both got good rest before you return.

Arlene G said...

I like that you and LD live large wherever you are Linda. I am really looking forward to reading your story. From what you have shared here on the blog I am sure you do have to be sensitive to the feelings of others while telling your story as you and your siblings remember it.

Linda said...

I'm glad you were able to have this wonderful week in the country. I'm totally dumbfounded by the Texas weather. I know Dean and his dog love each other but really! Take another look at that photo. The kind of writing you're doing is emotionally draining. Very hard to do but perhaps it's also very important work for not only you and your siblings but for your children and grandchildren. I know you'll hit the ground running when you get home. There'll be more exciting things to hear about from there.

BeachGypsy said...

I have enjoyed reading all about the country adventures and all the pretty pictures!that sure is a pretty campfire

Heather said...

I'm sorry reliving your past is draining :( I hope it is healing though to see how far you have come and what a wonderful life you have now! I love reading about peoples lives, the struggles, the joy, how they made it through the good and the mad. I love reading your blog, you are just the happiest person, so much joy in your writing! excited to read the entire story of Linda :) P.S. I hope Amber goes back to her blog, I miss her writing too! Take care :)
Heather, Michigan

MadSnapper said...

I would love to spend a few days on Deans farm. by the fire and looking at wild flowers and goats and baby chicks. and petting the sweet dog..

Susie said...

Linda, The picture of LD on his bike would make a good painting. That beautiful sky. Glad you had a fun relaxing time on the ranch. Boy are you ever right, things needs fixing all the time. Unless you are rich and can afford to just throw it out...what a waste that would be. Safe trip back home. Blessings to all, love you guys, xoxo, Susie

peggy said...

sad to leave such a beautiful place but then home is good too. Country life is a lot of work but worth it all.

Vee said...

Oh that first photo...love it! You must put it in a frame. Your willingness and ability to continue with your story shows that God is giving you the strength. Happy trails whether they lead to home or to your home away from home! 🚴

Gypsy Heart said...

So glad you rested so much ~ good for the body, mind and soul.

xo
Pat

Wanda said...

Oh my, to have a country getaway. This has to be one of your best blessings. So enjoy that you take us with you. Love every minute of it.

krishna said...

So beautiful picture of the country.. I love to spend such time..


Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

Nancy Chan said...

I always enjoy your posts on your days spent in the country and farm. That is a wonderful getaway. Good to know that you are progressing in your book. I would love to spend time in the country too. Long time since we last had camp fire. Have a good day!

BeachGypsy said...

Hi Linda, ya know--I dont know if y'all have these birds in your state or not--this was pretty much my first times being around them and I don't know much about them! ha ha LOL

Hootin Anni said...

Your sharing this past week....my goodness what a perfect life you two had. Everything sounds wonderful. From writing, to cooking, riding bikes....and family!!!