Friday, March 23, 2012

A Bright Sun Shiny Day!!

Amber and I have had the BEST Friday! Blue skies, warm temps and a bit of being out and about!!

First of all we hit up the nail salon where Amber got a head to toe massage and I had a mani/pedi. Amber loves this because she can recline and have a massage that relaxes her as well as stimulates all the muscles she NORMALLY uses but currently is NOT due to doctor's orders! I even managed one last stroll through HEB - my last visit for 2 weeks.


After a great lunch at one of our favorite places - Chili's - we headed back home stopping for an iced tea and a wee bit of a 'sit in the sun!' Amber LOVES the sun and has not had many opportunities to enjoy it lately!


She had the green tea and I had the Passion!


Doesn't take much to make her happy these days!


We do love our Starbucks!
Thanks, Summer, for all the gift cards!


We came home and decided to take advantage of this beautiful Texas afternoon!
I finished my tea on the patio and caught up on my journal while Amber browsed some magazines. Life IS sweet!!!


This is what we see to our left into Lucy's yard.
Thank you, Lucy, for the beautiful view!!


Reese's Pieces!!! A loving and energetic dog!!
You may remember the story of Shiner - the white lab - when he ATE part of their BBQ grill!! Mike gives the dogs 2X4's to play with......and they eventually eat THOSE!!!
You must NOT leave ANYTHING outside because they WILL eat it!!


As can be seen by their latest score which Mike brought in tonight from the back yard.
He said, "We may have a problem!"  I have an ATT phone and we thought SURE this was MINE!!! LD and I are not fancy cell phone users. We just want one that will call and I use a FEW text messages. (LD does NOT so don't even TRY!)
I could NOT believe the dogs I had fed bananas to would EAT my phone!!!
I ran into the office and sure enough - THERE was MY phone!!
Thank God! I am already on my cheap back up since the 'new' one got wet when I accidentally dipped it in the bath water! I took LD's and HE took an even older one.....since everyone knows I am the one who talks the most and needs the better phone!! WHEW!!! So whose phone IS this???

My week here is over and I am packing up for my trip home.
I hope to leave really early in the morning so Louis Dean and I will have most of Saturday together. Funny how quickly time slips away. This week has FLOWN by!! 


“May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.”



Irish Blessing





13 comments:

Lynne said...

Lots of vitamin D!
So good for you, Amber and the Fab Four!
Safe travels home, my friend!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Louis Dean said...

Glad it was a junk phone. We are running out!
Good post. lual

Angie said...

The pics of you & Amber are lovely. You two are such beautiful ladies!

Very glad you had such a good day. Sushine is so good for the soul :)

Have a safe trip home Mrs. Linda. I'm sure LD is going to be so happy to have you back :)

Pondside said...

What a lovely week you've had with Amber. Safe trip home!

darlin said...

What a beautiful day for you and Amber, sounds like a magnificent day and Amber sure looks happy!

Bad dogs, but I had to laugh... sorry!

Have a safe trip home. Cheers.

Amber said...

It really was the very best day, I loved every minute of it and you! Thanks mom!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Glad your visit ended, with a very lovely day.

Have a safe trip home.

"All gardening is landscape painting."

~William Kent

Blondie's Journal said...

This was my kind of day, Linda! It looks like you both enjoyed yourselves and it was great that Amber got out!

Have a safe trip home!

XO,
Jane

Deb said...

That was a close call have a safe trip home

Vee said...

You both look so happy with your cool drinks.

Oh my! Those are really hungry dogs. My sister's Samoyed once ate her vacuum cleaner cord. Crazy dog!

Glad that that phone was not yours...

Kathy said...

What a wonderful day you two had. Wish I could have been with you.

Oh my, I wonder whose phone that was!

Chatty Crone said...

Bright, bright, bright sunny day. I'm glad she got a massage and some sun - good old vitamin D - these are the days she needs to bottle up for a later date. sandie

Judy said...

She looks so cute...your Amber!

I'm laughing about the phone. Oh dear!